Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ildanach

Tough FA cup draw, still if we are going to win it we would have to meet them somewhere along the way. I see we have drifted to 13/2 in the bookies for the cup, might be worth a punt closer to the utd game depending on injuries
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

Can we play Newcastle every week?

That was enjoyable to watch - Newcastle allow you to play the ball wherever and whenever you want. Adebayor is oozing goalscoring confidence at the min, but the main man was Flamini. His goal was as good as any scored this year. Fabregas, who was relatively quiet again, notched the third.

Top!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

...and 30 points ahead of Spuds. St Totteringham's day will hopefully fall on March 1st when I'm over.

Broken_Cross

Three cracking goals. Cheers for the links ONeill, missed all but the result lastnight (training).

ONeill

under the bar

QuoteFlamini's or Ronaldo's?

Great goal by Flamini however you see one like it every mopnth on goal of the month.  Roanldo's free kick is 1 in 1000.  the only free kick I can vivdly recall being better was Roberto Carlos's banana shot against France and that's nearly 10 years ago.

Dinny Breen

Very good O'Neill  :D

But in fairness Ronaldo is probably going to deny Arsenal the title, he's scored more goals than Tevez and Rooney combined, actually Tevez has been pretty impressive as well, the boy Rooney could be another Michael Owen, peaked too early, watched him against Portsmouth and he looked devoid of confidence and has only scored 6 goals this season however Ferdinand, Vidic, Ronaldo and Tevez are all playing too well, need those 4 to lose form because at the moment teams are beaten even before they kick a ball against Man U..

Maybe the Spuds might do the Goons a favour tomorrow....

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quotethe only free kick I can vivdly recall being better was Roberto Carlos's banana shot against France and that's nearly 10 years ago.

Under the bar is your name Jamie...

Ronaldo is playing fantastic stuff but lets not getting carried away with the hyperbole of Skysports, check out Jose Manuel Rey's below and de rosario

RVP

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/859783/van_persie_free_kick_against_sunderland/

Elano

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6vPMBG0xATs

Hunt

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjq2xT-tx38

Jose Manuel Rey

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KfOFifTBNjM

de rosario

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K-z6iPk_9vM

Perspective gentleman please and I didn't even include any of the Brazlian boys, Zico, Ronaldhino or Carlos  ::)
#newbridgeornowhere

nrico2006

Quotethe boy Rooney could be another Michael Owen, peaked too early, watched him against Portsmouth and he looked devoid of confidence and has only scored 6 goals this season

He has 10 goals in 22 appearances this season for United, 6 goals in 14 league games.  When you consider he has been injured a few times then I would hardly say he has peaked too early.  It usually takes him a while to get back to his best after being out, as it does with any player.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Dinny Breen

Quote6 goals in 14 league games.

I said could be by the way, for a free scoring attacking side like Man U that is still a poor return for there main striker...for example RVP has 5 goals in 8 appearances...
Rooney for all the hype has yet to fulfill his talent, he should took at look at Ronaldo, you can only sit back and admire that lad, good attitude as well you never see him mouth of at refs or linesmen, doesn't even dive as much, one of the few premiership stars that I admire.......
#newbridgeornowhere

nrico2006

I would agree, but there is no evidence that Rooney could or will fade out like Owen - and Owen's problem is more to do with injury than anything.  Before Rooney hurt his ankle he was in brilliant form, scoring frequently for United both at home and Europe and also scred in Russia for England - what a goal by the way!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Dinny Breen

QuoteOwen's problem is more to do with injury than anything

Partly but his attitude to me always poor and in fairness to Rooney he has an excellent work rate and unlike Owen he has an exellent man manager in Fergie I just think Rooney should be consistently better than he is, those chances he missed Wednesday night were criminal and if a Premiership XI was picked in the morning he'd be nowhere near it....
#newbridgeornowhere

nrico2006

Some of his misses of late have been bad, especially against Newcastle.  As for a premiership 11, what would yours be then? 

ONeill

Son_of_Sam

Liverpool fan, but was @ the league game on tuesday Arsenal V Newcastle, great goal by Flemeni. Denis Wise was sitting in section just above us.

Newcastle where utter muck.