Author Topic: The Christmas Thread  (Read 52573 times)

illdecide

• Quit your Jibba Jabbing Fool
    • View Profile
Re: The Christmas Thread
« Reply #615 on: August 28, 2018, 11:52:08 PM »
Too soon?  ;)

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a nice hotel that does a good Santa experience. Travelling from Tyrone but don't mind going 3 hrs. Have done most of the Donegal ones and Santa's cottage Newry. Have limited holidays in Dec so wanted to try and get something booked early. Might be one of the last years for the oldest.

North Pole😂
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BenDover

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 29, 2018, 08:28:06 AM »
Too soon?  ;)

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a nice hotel that does a good Santa experience. Travelling from Tyrone but don't mind going 3 hrs. Have done most of the Donegal ones and Santa's cottage Newry. Have limited holidays in Dec so wanted to try and get something booked early. Might be one of the last years for the oldest.

How old is your oldest? Do you need to tell them the truth about Santa at some point before they find out through other means?

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 29, 2018, 01:16:52 PM »
No not that stage yet. Hoping for another couple of years. But not sure. She started asing questions this year which gave us a junt as we thought she was well of that stage. Only going into p3. Think I found out in p5.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Don Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 29, 2018, 01:40:29 PM »
Also following for one of those Santa hotels. We haven't done any yet so any recommendations will be welcomed.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 29, 2018, 08:55:56 PM »
Also following for one of those Santa hotels. We haven't done any yet so any recommendations will be welcomed.

Where you based?

Innishowen gate way has a really good one, however hotel is a bit worn. But was very well put together.

Redcastle has a good one where you go to the famine Village for the Santa experience. Again very good

Jackson's hotel was just OK. Bit disappointing.

Santa's cottage in Newry was very good as well. Stayed in the Canal Court.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

oakleaflad

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 06, 2018, 01:53:10 PM »
Too soon? :) We were away seeing Santa at the weekend there. Young ones pretty much sorted but haven't got the missus anything yet. Maybe I'm beginning to soften as I get older but I actually am enjoying the odd Christmas song on the radio too.