Roscomain v Cill Dara

Started by Dinny Breen, June 24, 2007, 07:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Good draw for both sides as they will both fancy their chances. They played a great game in 2003 which should add to Kildare's motivation. The mood in the Kildare camp is not good and they shipped a heavy defeat to Kerry during the week. A lot people just want these footballers to put some pride back in the shirt so hopefully that starts here....
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 24, 2007, 07:57:48 PM
. A lot people just want these footballers to put some pride back in the shirt so hopefully that starts here....

And a similar story here but I think we've given up on our Senior lot especially Fergies fledgelings are looking good again this year.
Word is it's on the Saturday night and hopefully the Connacht final also in the Hyde on the Sunday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Redgreenery

I think Kildare will come out of this because they are simply better. Roscommon Seniors are bad and not looking like doing anything so Kildare should come out.

Dinny Breen

QuoteKildare Seniors are bad and not looking like doing anything so Roscommon should come out

Fixed that for you....
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossie11

With both playing to potential it would be close as it was in 03. However you dont know what sort of form either side will bring.
Home pitch is a slight advantage to Ross as if the players have any pride cannot afford another embarressment in front on their home fans.
However with Maughan on the sideline I fear we will get beaten. A complete donkey whose career will hopefully end here before he wastes any other county boards cash. I fancied the Lillies to beat Meath and think they are better than that game showed so would make them favourites to scrap through.

heineken_on_tap

Hope Ros can do it but in fairness both teams will fancy their chances. I seen Kildare play Donegal in croker a few weeks back and in fairness they played some decent football but didn't have massive firepower up front on the day. After the Sligo display the Ros team will be under serious pressure to perform. O'Neill was completly wiped out by O'Hara, hopefully he will be able to assert more of a presence next time out. The forwards in particular really need to up their game. Five points last time out just isn't good enough.A defeat would possibly signal the end of Maughan's time with us.

I wonder will Early be back for it??

Dinny Breen

QuoteI wonder will Early be back for it??

I wish, no chance unfortunately...
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossie11

ONeill (as he said himself in recent interview) has lost interest in playing. Says the enjoyment has gone out of it the past 2 years and doesnt see himself playing beyond another 2.
When the manager knew this there no way he should have been playing the last day. He was mentally beaten long before OHara outjumped him for the entire 2nd half. Cant see any improvement from him the next day based on this

Captain Scarlet

I was hoping to draw armagh or someone that would clean us and that would be a wake-up call for the people in Kildare.
Ross are in a simlar lull to Kildare so its really hard to know who will come out on top.
Its another day out buti wouldnt expect the great game we had a few years ago.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

cill_dara

Agreed Dinny a performance that will put abit of pride back in the white jersey! I will miss the match myself due to oxegen, so  want an extra chance to see them hopefully!
But it's a toss of a coin really on who will win both teams in similar situations , Of course revenge is due after that evening in Portlaoise but sadly Kildare dont do revenge too well :(
To Be honest Captain scarlet alot of Kildare people have had their Reality check already kildare football is at a low ebb at the moment but hopefully they can raise the spirits a wee bit.
On a positive note It was good to see the Kildare ladies beat Meath to reach a senior Leinster final in something finally so things arent so bad!
Keep the faith!! Cill Dara AbĂș

cill_dara

Good to see Dermot Earley back in full training now after another long lay off. He has been truly cursed with injury problems recently so its a very welcome addition back into the county squad. Th game saturday week will probably come too soon for him which is a shame, but hopefully his recent operation on the foot has rectified the problem and we will be seeing him playing for both club and county on a more prolonged basis. A very talented player who is needed badly at this current time.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2007, 11:55:52 AM
QuoteI wonder will Early be back for it??

I wish, no chance unfortunately...

Which one, & for which team  ;)

An Lark

1 Enda Murphy Leixlip
2 Eamonn Callaghan Naas
3 Kevin O'Neill Moorefield
4 Andrew McLoughlin Ellistown
5 Anthony Rainbow Suncroft
6 Mark Hogarty Allenwood
7 Emmet Bolton Eadestown
8 Ronan Sweeney Moorefield
9 David Lyons Clane
10 James Kavanagh Ballymore
11 John Doyle Allenwood
12 Ken Donnelly Ellistown
13 Michael Conway Nurney
14 Jason Phillips Moorefield
15 Padraig O'neill St. Laurence's

heineken_on_tap

This match doesnt seem to be drawing much attention - general preception seems to be it doesnt matter who wins neither team is going anywhere fast. As a Ros man - I hope our lads put in a performance - if they show the same desire as against Sligo then its time to say good bye to Maughan and some of the more senior players........ Suppose both teams need to answer their critic's - Head says Kildare by a few points, heart say Ros................ hopefully its a cracker ;).

Dinny Breen

So 2 changes and 1 positional since the debacle against Meath, last chance saloon for JC as he has put faith in the players who let us down the last time. We'll get hammered at midfield again, Earley, Flynn, Glavin, Breenan and Heffernan all injured. Have a bad feeling about this one....

Lads,

Whats the quickest way to Hyde Park, coming from Athlone and where is the best place to park?

#newbridgeornowhere