Tyrone v Monaghan USFC Final

Started by tyroneman, June 24, 2007, 05:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

The Paragon is grand when Armagh aren't playing (and I'm an Armagh supporter - isn't that right charlie ;))

The 'buckfast brigade' lets the whole thing down.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: thebandit on July 10, 2007, 01:56:32 PM
The Paragon is grand when Armagh aren't playing (and I'm an Armagh supporter - isn't that right charlie ;))

The 'buckfast brigade' lets the whole thing down.

You're kinda takin ur life in ur hands there Bandit! Jaysus it's mental of a match day.. I'd say somewhere like the Lennard Arms on the diamond or the Hibernian at the bottom of Fermanagh St would be a bit more civil. Don't want these Kerry lads gettin pushed around or forced to drink in the company of those drinkin WKD and the likes...  ;) There's a great wee bar on the lhs about half way down Fermanagh St called 'Mc Cuskers'. Completely authentic and only open for match days. Not exactly the biggest bar in the town but a good atmosphere about her. Being a local man I'd usually drink about 'The Analore Bar' (owned by Admasons) on the Newbliss Road side of the town. Great drink about it and a big lounge at the back which caters well.

thebandit

The analore bar serves a good pint alright - Leonard arms is a hole!

Hibernian is a civil pub alright

GrandMasterFlash

When's de last time you were in the Lennard Arms Bandit? I'm not jumping onto my high horse here but it has been 'done up' reasonably well lately. It's a good mate of mine that runs it so that's kinda why I'm defending it.. There's a BBQ out the fron of er on Sat night advertised 'The Farney Feed' which should be good valya! The bhoys that run it are Gaels and do try and get the craic goin when Monaghan are playin in Clones by spendin a few quid, which is more than some of the bars which only seem to be intent on takin money across the bar...

uselessfootballer

The Leonard Arms would be my regular spot for a pint and a feed on Tyrone match days over the last couple of years, have always found it a grand welcoming place.

thebandit

Sorry, haven't been in it in 2 years, didn't realise it had been done up - if I had maybe I'd have gone to it ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Would agree with the positive sentiments about The Leonard Arms, grand spot on match days these days.  Can't say what it was like before it was done up though.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tyrone Dreamer

Looking forward to the game and the Monaghan fans should make it a great occasion. Probably should be a much better spectacle now that we're not playing Derry. Hopefully Stephen O'Neill will be available as we'll need him. Pity about Cavlan really thought he could have a big impact from the bench. Whats the interest like round the clubs in Tyrone? Surely some of are fans arent that fickle that they dont think an ulster final is worrth going to any more? Would really have liked to have seen Monaghan win the ulster title if they werent playing Tyrone but they are and I dont! My guess would be Tyrone will be unchanged from the semi apart from McMahon coming in for Cormac McGinley.

Hollow Man

Monaghan team will be somthing like this:

Shane Duffy
Dessie Mone
Vinny Corey
Dermot Mc Ardle
Donal Morgan
Gary Mc Quaid
Damian Freeman
Lennon
JP Mone
Dick Clerkin
Shane Smith
Stephen Gollogly
Ciaran Hanratty
Woods
Tommy

Maguire01

Quote from: Hollow Man on July 10, 2007, 08:28:38 PM
Monaghan team will be somthing like this:

Shane Duffy
Dessie Mone
Vinny Corey
Dermot Mc Ardle
Donal Morgan
Gary Mc Quaid
Damian Freeman
Lennon
JP Mone
Dick Clerkin
Shane Smith
Stephen Gollogly
Ciaran Hanratty
Woods
Tommy

In truth, the team hasn't changed much during the year - a few positions are fluid, but most of the rest is a given.
Potential subs during the game could be:
IN
Finlay, McManus, MyElroy, McKenna
OUT
Clerkin/Woods, Smith, McArdle

Maguire01

Just up on RTE.ie

QuoteMonaghan unchanged for Ulster final
Tuesday, 10 July 2007 20:39
Monaghan manager Seamus McEnaney has named the same XV that started against Derry in the semi-final for Sunday's final against Tyrone in Clones at 2.15pm.

The only changes the Monaghan manager has made are positional.

In the defence, Damien Freeman switches to the left half-back position where he will pick up Brian Dooher thereby putting the two captains in direct opposition.

John Paul Mone is moved to midfield and is most likely to pick up on Sean Cavanagh while Shane smith moved to the 40 in a switch with Rory Woods.

Monaghan hope to end their 19-year wait for an Ulster title when they take on Mickey Harte's side.

Monaghan:
1 S Duffy,
2 D Mone, 3 V Corey, 4 D McArdle,
5 D Morgan, 6 G McQuaid, 7 D Freeman (Capt),
8 E Lennon, 9 JP Mone,
10 D Clerkin, 11 S Smyth, 12 S Gollogly,
13 C Hanratty, 14 R Woods, 15 T Freeman.

No surprises with personnel, but a few positional tweaks. Not sure i'd have Woods at FF - he's one of our better distance kickers, although Smyth has been a bit lost up front, so who knows.

ExiledGael

Can't see Woods playing in there at all, excellent focal point of the attack and one of the few quality foot passers.
Hope Finlay make it on at some stage, quality player and has been for a while

Hollow Man

wonder is this a ruse and will Finlay start after all?? Maybe instead of woods, with Smyth going to full forward...

ExiledGael

Spot on with the team Maguire, even the little positional changes, you got a direct line to Banty??

Main Street

I got a bit of a shock when I saw the betting prices for the game.
Tyrone at 2/7 and Monaghan at 10/3  in one place.
Looks like they don't want any money to be bet on Tyrone at all.
Are these prices a fair reflection of both teams form?
I would have thought 4/6 Tyrone  6/4 against Monaghan, considering Monaghan are at home.