Tyrone v Monaghan USFC Final

Started by tyroneman, June 24, 2007, 05:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Quote from: thebandit on July 06, 2007, 04:40:09 PM
I could nearly give you the names of the people who will get:

VIP tickets (the white seats, and they get sangwiches :o)
The best seats from our club

There is no aspect of fairness concerning any of it  >:(

But sure no doubt you and the rest of the County board cronies will enjoy the nice dry white seats and sangwiches while we get wet and posioned by the green burgers on the way up the hill  ;)  ;)  :D

thebandit

I'll probably be on the hill, only ever been in the white seats once, for a Cross game in the Ulster Club championship a couple of years ago.

I have this awful feeling about the club's ticket allocation being a lot less than what is needed  :-[

Edit: how am I a county board crony ???

bingobus

Quote from: thebandit on July 06, 2007, 04:53:37 PM
I'll probably be on the hill, only ever been in the white seats once, for a Cross game in the Ulster Club championship a couple of years ago.

I have this awful feeling about the club's ticket allocation being a lot less than what is needed  :-[

Edit: how am I a county board crony ???

Relax, I was picking on you. As you said previously, you have some low level involvement with them and I know for what that is.

Have you's looked for many? What I'm more concerned about is people looking for tickets this weekend and during next week who didn't put there names forward before yesterday and who didn't get any on ticketmaster. They'll make out its the clubs fault despite our best efforts to spread the word and make sure everyone knew the cut-off point.

Tyrone Dreamer

Whats the interest been like round the clubs for tickets? I take it there'll be more than enough to go round? Hopefully the weather will pick up for next weekend. Thought Hanratty was poor against Derry, but he obviously did well against Down. There'd also been a good bit of talk about Smith earlier in the year.

charlie linkbox

Quote from: thebandit link=topic=3388.msg113790#msg113790/quote]
BTW very poor show of flags around the county IMO

I'll agree with you on this one bandit. It's a fuckin disgrace. You wouldn't know by driving through Monaghan town that we were in a final at all; hardly a flag in sight.
Yet whenever Tyrone or Armagh got to the latter stages of the championship in the last few years out came the red and white or orange and white flags in Monaghan. It fuckin annoys me. We are the worst county in the country for latching onto the bandwagon of our neighbours. The flag outside my house is just about the only one in the parish yet in the last few years there's been plenty of Tyrone one about when they were in big games (I live on the Tyrone border).
This post should be on the "things that grind my gears" thread for this is hate No.1 on charlie's list.

thebandit

Quote from: charlie linkbox on July 06, 2007, 10:23:06 PM
Quote from: thebandit link=topic=3388.msg113790#msg113790/quote]
BTW very poor show of flags around the county IMO

I'll agree with you on this one bandit. It's a fuckin disgrace. You wouldn't know by driving through Monaghan town that we were in a final at all; hardly a flag in sight.
Yet whenever Tyrone or Armagh got to the latter stages of the championship in the last few years out came the red and white or orange and white flags in Monaghan. It fuckin annoys me. We are the worst county in the country for latching onto the bandwagon of our neighbours. The flag outside my house is just about the only one in the parish yet in the last few years there's been plenty of Tyrone one about when they were in big games (I live on the Tyrone border).
This post should be on the "things that grind my gears" thread for this is hate No.1 on charlie's list.

Its number 2 on my list - Although Blayney and Carrick have improved since I wrote that

Number 1 is whinging townies who give out about blow ins  :D 

I believe Tommy's hand/wrist is ok, and word on Finlay?

charlie linkbox

Quote from: thebandit link=topic=3388.msg115315#msg115315
Number 1 is whinging townies who give out about blow ins  :D 
/quote]

If thats a reference to me then I can assure you I'm as big a bog man as you'll ever meet. Townie indeed!!! Such an insult.  ;D

I stand by my comment though. Monaghan or Armagh bandit??? Come on.....

ziggysego

Derry beat Armagh

Sligo beat Galway

I'm getting nervous about Sunday.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

And with a lot of justification too Ziggy - however a team like Derry today who were on the rebound were always going to be hard to talk to - as well as that Armagh forwards have not been at the races lately - too much emphasis on defence -

Goats Do Shave

Was chatting to Paul Finlay at the Armagh game yesterday, asked him was he going to be ok for next week's final.

He replied "I don't know it's dicey enough - Hopefully!"

What's the story with him?

FarneyMan

From what i hear Finlay took a full part in a practice match during training on Friday night in clones..........not sure if he'll start but i'd be surprised if he doesnt see some action !

After Sligo ending their 32 year wait yesterday, its time for us to end our 19 years of pain !!

Fuzzman

Weird weekend of results and makes you wonder how good or bad teams really are

Armagh should have beat Donegal and looked like they would back to full strength soon and could give it another rattle via back door
Then they get beat by a Derry team that looked awful against Monaghan and were lucky yesterday as Aramgh had them on the ropes but took the foot off the pedal I believe

Donegal only scrapped by Leitrim after being hockeyed by Tyrone and so as I kept saying they made us look good
Anyone hear what happened Sweeney.

Galway looked awesome v Mayo but looked terrible yesterday
Dubs and Kerry must be relieved Armagh have finally been laid to rest
Well at least til next year.

So where does that leave Tyrone.
Will we be much more wary now of the shock next Sunday?

Does anyone have any team news or how's training going?

thebandit

Quote from: bingobus on July 06, 2007, 05:09:43 PM

Have you's looked for many? What I'm more concerned about is people looking for tickets this weekend and during next week who didn't put there names forward before yesterday and who didn't get any on ticketmaster. They'll make out its the clubs fault despite our best efforts to spread the word and make sure everyone knew the cut-off point.

Numbers wise, we got more or less what we were looking for, but the quality of the tickets isn't great. I've had more people looking for tickets today than I did the whole of last week >:(

Kerry Mike

KM has secured a ticket for next weekend, so am really looking forward to hopefully another shock result in a provincial final.

I think Monaghan will really put it up to Tyrone, but will be interesting to see how they cope with the duvet that smothered Donegal but also how they will handle Tyrone running at them with the ball.  If they can get a foothold around the middle and feed early ball to the likes of Freeman, Woods, Gologly, or Hanratty they could rack up the scores. They will need a plan to curb the likes of Dooher and Sean Cavanagh around midfield. Should be an interesting game and i really cant see much between them.

Am looking forward to seeing what this mystical Ulster final craic is all about.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

thebandit

Midfield will decide the game IMO, if Dick Clerkin has an off day we are fecked!