Marty Clarke to make debut

Started by zoyler, June 22, 2007, 10:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo

Quote from: scalder on November 01, 2007, 12:05:51 PM
Lads I remember reading here before he said he supports Northern Ireland in soccer and that the writes Home and NI on his hand before a big game – is it common for young lads with a nationalist background to support NI or to see it as a distinct entity? Pretty depressing as a Republican from south east if they do, why do I worry about partition if people living with it don't?

A damn sight more depressing reading this stone-age crap. NI is still a part of Ireland - the part you brave mexicans abandoned for your own corrupt wee banana republic - brave mouthpieces sounding off on something on which you have but comic-book knowledge, if that. And your traget this time? A schoolboy who recognises the FACT that he comes from NI. and that is is home. Saw his parents and home on the programme and it looks like a very stable and supportive environment to me. Whether he supports NI football team or not, he surley would be doing so for reasons of sport and not the sad and depressing "political" agends you are fixated with. Get yourself out of the yard and get some clean air into your tight bigoted lungs.
Fierce tame altogether

tyroneboi

Seen the programme last night. One thiing about Martin Clarke - forget bout his football and Aussie Rules talents, he come across as a genuine and nice fella. Doesnt seem to forget where he comes from. Big miss for Down.

Just another thing coming from the show. Wonder what Sean Cavanagh made of it all. I know he has won an all-ireland since he turned down his offer but the chance to be a professional sportsman and seeing how well martin clarke is doing must have put a few regrets in his mind!

tyrone exile

Quote from: Leo on November 01, 2007, 03:07:53 PM
Lads I remember reading here before he said he supports Northern Ireland in soccer and that the writes Home and NI on his hand before a big game – is it common for young lads with a nationalist background to support NI or to see it as a distinct entity? Pretty depressing as a Republican from south east if they do, why do I worry about partition if people living with it don't?

A damn sight more depressing reading this stone-age crap. NI is still a part of Ireland - the part you brave mexicans abandoned for your own corrupt wee banana republic - brave mouthpieces sounding off on something on which you have but comic-book knowledge, if that. And your traget this time? A schoolboy who recognises the FACT that he comes from NI. and that is is home. Saw his parents and home on the programme and it looks like a very stable and supportive environment to me. Whether he supports NI football team or not, he surley would be doing so for reasons of sport and not the sad and depressing "political" agends you are fixated with. Get yourself out of the yard and get some clean air into your tight bigoted lungs.

couldnt agree more with leo. so what if he writes NI on his hand, he lives there he never said he supported northern ireland football team, if you live in england, but you wished you lived in america, why would you write america on your hand to help you through difficult times?

BallyhaiseMan

Marty Clarke does indeed come across as a great lad,
hes really a credit to An Riocht and Down.
The Facilities in Collingwood look out of this world aswell.

orangeman

Clarke is unreal - very mature for being only 19 years of age. Credit to him and his family.

magickingdom

bit fockin touchy are we? that is one thick rant, makes me wonder whose the bigot... ;D

magickingdom

Quote from: tyrone exile on November 01, 2007, 07:58:48 PM

couldnt agree more with leo. so what if he writes NI on his hand, he lives there he never said he supported northern ireland football team, if you live in england, but you wished you lived in america, why would you write america on your hand to help you through difficult times?

wtf? i'm lost, beam me up...

Leo

Quote from: magickingdom on November 01, 2007, 11:08:32 PM
bit fockin touchy are we? that is one thick rant, makes me wonder whose the bigot... ;D

The inability to distinguish between bigotry, and a "rant" against bigotry, says it all about your level of contribution. Beam you up? Yes indeed, a right beamer.
Fierce tame altogether

scalder

Bigoted, your the one throwing around insults, calling people in the 26 counties "Mexicans" smacks of bigotry to me as is characterising the state as a "banana Republic." What's bravery got to do with it? If you're happy living in a British state that's grand, can't see how hoping that we'll see peaceful reunification of the country is "stone age"  - for this to happen we need a majority to vote for unity and I wondered if you'd many people of a broadly nationalist background were contend with the status quo.

stew

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 01, 2007, 01:13:18 PM
i remember an item a few years ago about ger houlahan (armagh) supporting glasgow rangers ! maybe it was a pure wind up
a nationalist supporting norn ireland is bad enough but at least he lives there. how the hell would you support rangers

:D :D :D :D :D

Eh, I can assure you that is a wind up. Houlie would be partial to Liverpool and  Celtic,  in that order ;).
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

rory

Tried to watch the show on the BBC website, but the sound was way out of sync with the picture.  Anyone else get that?

Aristotle Flynn

He's a fine young man and a great footballer. A credit to his family and An Riocht. I hope he returns to Down colours at some point.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: rory on November 03, 2007, 11:23:08 AM
Tried to watch the show on the BBC website, but the sound was way out of sync with the picture.  Anyone else get that?

I had the same problem

Seems like a very likable fellow with a great head on his shoulders. Very mature for his age, hope he does very well out there.

orangeman

Rules star Clarke ponders return 

Martin Clarke plays for Australian Rules team Collingwood
Former Down Minor star Martin Clarke has revealed that he is considering quitting Australian Rules football and returning home to play GAA.
The 20-year-old from Kilkeel has a contract with Rules team Collingwood that lasts until November 2009 which he intends to honour.

"I will work hard for Collingwood because that is what I am committed to do," Clarke told the Irish News.

"But there is a massive pull for me to return home at some stage."

Clarke has made quite an impact in Australia since joining Collingwood in 2006.

He made the quickest debut of any Irish player in the AFL by playing against Sydney Swans in the June the following year.

But, despite his success in the professional ranks, the An Riocht clubman has signalled his desire to return to GAA and if that comes about it would be a huge boost to his county side Down.

Good news for the GAA, Down and An Riocht !  :D ;D

feetofflames

This could signal a significant setback in the recruitment drive by the Australian thugs.  Even their own players might now start to rescind and denounce their professional careers as the work of the divil himself and come back and play GAA in Good Old Ireland.  The tables are well and truly turning.   
Chief Wiggum