NFL Fantasy Football

Started by fntn, June 21, 2007, 08:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on September 26, 2007, 03:24:03 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 26, 2007, 03:07:56 AM
what Gabriel is treating himself to on his birthday

Gabe,

The original LT was a great player but a horrible cokehead.

no-one is perfect

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: hardstation on September 26, 2007, 03:09:12 AM
I thought your name was Hurl.

what sort of ballbag put's their own name on another teams jersey?

AZOffaly

Yeah, I'm sure Hurl is pretending to be LT :D Chalk and Cheese springs to mind.

turk

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 25, 2007, 04:35:03 PM
OK lads - I need a starting QB - and I'm willing to give up something big for him - I' d need a good offer though

Steve Smith from Carolina

Gabe i have starting QBs but i doubt you're gonna want to swap Smith for them

ONeill

Turk, anyone in my squad you'd consider nabbing for that QB?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

turk

Quote from: ONeill on September 26, 2007, 09:30:59 AM
Turk, anyone in my squad you'd consider nabbing for that QB?

which qb are you interested in?

there might be something we can arrange, for a lad with a similar points ability.

it's o'neills' chargers isn't it?

Lone Shark

Just sent you a trade for Pennington there myself. I know his job is in doubt, but with my two guys on bye weeks this week, I need someone pronto. My swoop for that fat guy from NY didn't really work out as hoped.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: hardstation on September 26, 2007, 04:10:08 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 26, 2007, 03:53:20 AM
Quote from: hardstation on September 26, 2007, 03:09:12 AM
I thought your name was Hurl.

what sort of ballbag put's their own name on another teams jersey?
What sort of ballbag goes around pretending to be someone they are not?

:D :D :D :D :D :D ::)

AZOffaly

OK, 3 weeks in, and just to amuse myself as work has eased off after a manic 9 months, I'm going to periodically do an update on the top 10 players in each of the positions in the Fantasy League, along with their Fantasy team.

Starting with Quarterbacks

1. Tom Brady - New England Patriots (2000 draft out of Michigan)

Fantasy Team : Mayo Warriors
Mr. Consistancy in the league, Brady has, along with Peyton Manning, assumed the mantle of the premier quarterbacks in the league in terms of winning games. Following in the footsteps of the likes of John Elway, Brett Favre, Steve Young, Joe Montana etc etc, A traditional pocket passer, who leaves the running to panic situations, Brady's consistancy and unflappable nature have meant he has led the Patriots to unimagined success over the past 5 years or so, and has begun this season in a similar vein.

887 yards passing; 10 TD passes; 1 INT; 8 yards rushing; 1 Fumble Lost; 82.14 Fantasy Points.

2. Carson Palmer - Cincinnati Bengals (2003 out of Univerity of Southern California)

Fantasy Team : Faithful Turfmen
Over the past couple of years Palmer has begun to live up to the enormous potential he showed in the PAC-10 with the Trojans as the Heisman winner in 2002. Struggled initially to adapt to the pace of life in the NFL, he has begun to come into his own, and with receivers like Chad Johnson to aim at, he has started to lay down a marker for his career in the Pro Ranks. Another traditional passing QB, he still needs to take care of the ball a bit more, but as his maturity progresses, he may well become one of those A-List Quarterbacks mentioned above.

937 yards passing; 9 TDs; 4 INTs; 9 yards passing; 78.19 Fantasy Points.

3. Tony Romo - Dallas Cowboys (2003 Undrafted out of Eastern Illinois)

Fantasy Team : Hegans Helmets
A real rags to riches story for the ex Eastern Illinois signal caller, who was deemed undraftworthy just 4 short years ago. Undaunted he was picked up by the Cowboys, and hung around learning his trade for a couple of years before finally winning his chance from Drew Bledsoe  in the 2006 season. Slightly more mobile than the top 2 QBs at the moment, he is still a playmaker who prefers to aim at wideouts such as Terrell Owens, but does have the option of pulling it down if the situation demands.

860 yards passing; 8 TDs; 2 INTS; 47 yards rushing; 1 TD; 77.55 Fantasy Points.

4. Jake Delhomme - Carolina Panthers (1997 Undrafted out of University of Southwestern Louisiana)

Fantasy Team : Faithful Turfmen
Another one for whom it took a long time to become an overnight success, Delhomme's perserverence and mental strength has helped him to at last become a success in the National Football League. Coming from unfashionable USL, Delhomme was undrafted in 1997, and ended up serving his time in NFL Europe with Amsterdam and Frankfurt, before being recalled to the New Orleans Saints in 1999. Picked up by Carolina in 2002, he won the starting job in week 1 from Rodney Peete and led the Panthers to a heartbreaking Superbowl defeat that season. Since then he has matured and is an established top level Quarterback in the league, albeit slightly below the superstar radar.

626 yards passing; 8 TDs; 1 INT; 26 yards rushing; 63.82 points

5. Derek Anderson - Cleveland Browns (2005 draft out of Oregon State)

Fantasy Team : Red Hand Helmets
Still very much learning his trade in the NFL, Anderson took over from a disappointing, and disappointed, Charlie Frye in week one of this season, and has been growing into the role very nicely. Mistakes have to be expected from such a young man on a developing team, but at the current rate, he may just accelerate the development process for the Browns.

760 yards passing; 7 TDs; 4 INTs; 10 yards rushing; 1 TD; 1 Fumble lost; 57.70 points.

6. Jon Kitna - Detroit Lions (1996 Undrafted out of Central Washington University)
Fantasy Team : Crossmaglen Hitmen

980 yards passing; 6 TDs; 4 INTs; 31 yards rushing; 9 yards receiving; 2 Fumbles lost; 57.60 points

7. Peyton Manning - Indianapolis Colts (1998 Draft out of Tennessee)
Fantasy Team : Curragh Rams

873 yards passing; 5 TDs; 1 INT; -2 yards rushing; 53.36 points.

8. Brett Favre - Green Bay Packers (1991 Draft out of Southern Mississippi)
Fantasy Team : O'Neill's Chargers

861 yards passing; 6 TDs; 2 INTs; -3 yards rushing; 1 Fumble lost; 53.07 points

9. Donovan McNabb - Philadephia Eagles (1999 Draft out of Syracuse)
Fantasy Team : Mayo Warriors

805 yards passing; 5 TDs; 1 INT; 31 rushing yards; 1 Fumble lost; 47.65 points

10. Eli Manning - New York Giants (2004 Draft out of Mississippi)
Fantasy Team - Lurgan Langers

755 yards; 6 TDs; 4 INTs; 1 rushing yard; 1 fumble lost; 45.65 Fantasy points.

Great Leap Forward

The top QB meet on Monday. It will be good to see how Palmer compares to Brady.

Unfortunately the fragile Bengals defense will leave him having to throw all night, probably leading to more interceptions.

Gabriel_Hurl

Pats to score 38 points for the 4th week in a row?

Gabriel_Hurl

Week 4 Fixtures - my picks in bold (second in my work pick'em pool  :D :D)

BAL @  CLE     
STL @ DAL        
CHI @ DET        
NYJ @ BUF        
HOU @ ATL    
OAK @ MIA        
GB @ MIN        
TB @ CAR        
SEA @ SF        
PIT @ ARI        
DEN @ IND        
KC @ SD        
PHI @ NYG    
NE @ CIN    

Rossie11

Denver Giants and Falcons all to win?? cant see any of them.. reckon Philly could put up another cricket score

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

umgolaarmagh

Going to the Falcons and 49ers match in Atlanta at the start of November

how are both these teams doing