State of Minds last night - Linfield fans visit Clones

Started by T Fearon, June 21, 2007, 11:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Lads, for be it for me to stick up for Sammy, but I think yez are maybe getting a bit strong on the personal attacks. I wouldn't label him as a liar. He calls things as he sees them and no matter what our differences may be over those views, he should be respected for that.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Donagh on June 22, 2007, 01:19:36 PM
Lads, for be it for me to stick up for Sammy, but I think yez are maybe getting a bit strong on the personal attacks. I wouldn't label him as a liar. He calls things as he sees them and no matter what our differences may be over those views, he should be respected for that.

"The GAA excludes me..." is not the truth, though I wouldn't go as far as to brand him a liar. At worst it's a very convoluted persecution complex.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

snatter

Donagh,

are you serious?
Go and have a peek at the last 10 pages on the Maze Stadium thread.

He's been caught out lying through his teeth saying that he hasn't said things that he has, denying the existence of public statements, claiming to have read the whole shared spaces strategy in one day, denying things like variable capacity, dismissing everything that runs against his thoughts as unsubstantiated press releases, refuses to accept overwhelming proof, in short, its impossible to meaningfully debate with him.

Time to give up on him.

Chrisowc

Quote from: SammyG on June 22, 2007, 11:51:04 AM
"Since she has no control over all the national
territory, Ireland's claim to nationhood is impaired. Today, the
native games take on a new significance when it is
realised that they have been a part, and still are a part,
of the Nation's desire to live her own life, to govern
her own affairs."

If this isn't political then I don't know what is.

And most importantly the Basic Aim of the GAA, namely
"Basic Aim
The Association is a National Organisation which has as its
basic aim the strengthening of the National Identity in a
32 County Ireland through the preservation and
promotion of Gaelic Games and pastimes."

Change Ireland to Germany and Gaelic to German and the above statement appears very menacing and more like the vision for Hitler Youth.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

An Fear Rua

the last thing we need is more nazis in Ireland  :o

What happens if you change it to Spanish or French?
Hey what about Cornish?
Its Grim up North

Chrisowc

Quote from: An Fear Rua on June 22, 2007, 02:51:47 PM
the last thing we need is more nazis in Ireland  :o

What happens if you change it to Spanish or French?
Hey what about Cornish?

Well I suggested German because that is what came into my head when I first read it.  How about it is changed to British?  Equally menacing, I'm sure you will agree.

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Chrisowc on June 22, 2007, 02:40:25 PM
"Since she has no control over all the national
territory, Ireland's claim to nationhood is impaired. Today, the
native games take on a new significance when it is
realised that they have been a part, and still are a part,
of the Nation's desire to live her own life, to govern
her own affairs."

And most importantly the Basic Aim of the GAA, namely
"Basic Aim
The Association is a National Organisation which has as its
basic aim the strengthening of the National Identity in a
32 County Ireland through the preservation and
promotion of Gaelic Games and pastimes."

Change Ireland to Germany and Gaelic to German and the above statement appears very menacing and more like the vision for Hitler Youth.

Or Gordon Browne & his idea for a "Britain Day"

his holiness nb

Chris OWC no disrepect, and I mean this in the nicest possible way.
But would you ever just f**k off talking shite  :D :D :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: his holiness nb on June 22, 2007, 03:00:44 PM
Chris OWC no disrepect, and I mean this in the nicest possible way.
But would you ever just f**k off talking shite  :D :D :D :D

Now, now the guy has come on here to give his view, which is totally opposite to yours, give him a chance. hopefully he will discuss on other threads and topics on this board, but if he's just not been sent over to comment on this thread - then your right NB he should just fcuk of and stop talking sh*te!  ;)
Tbc....

Fear ón Srath Bán

You must admit though, he's as sharp as a pin... NOT!  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: An Fear Rua on June 22, 2007, 03:26:04 PM
Does Germany have 32 counties?

Thats it Fear Rua let every country remodel itself on Ireland & then when Britain is Gaelic in ethos too, Sammy sensabilites wont be so hurt, no joking aside. Wouldn't it be a great opportunity for Sammy to prove the Superiority of the Ulstermon over the Southerner if they where to fill the ranks of Ulster counties and take the other Sam home every year, maybe they could try and keep Sam in NI indefinatly.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Chrisowc on June 22, 2007, 02:40:25 PM
obv not then

its a real item for contention given it was written so recently...whats that, it was written way back when ?
oh ! ....... ::)

SammyG

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on June 22, 2007, 01:06:16 PM
I just think its an awful shame An Fear Rua  he dosn't seem to understand the GAA mindset, when you playing, or @ a match or having a pint with another GAA person, if they Black/White, Catholic/Protestant etc, Man/Woman (well maybe if she good looking & ya got a shot), Unionist/Nationalist, Right/Left wing, FG/FF/SF/LAB/SDLP/PD/UUP etc. their other agendas don't matter I think you dont notice differences nearly at all. Maybe its just me but I think its a damn great organistation.

Fishead

I fully accept all of that and have never said anything different. Try reading what I've actually posted.

SammyG

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 22, 2007, 01:27:30 PM

"The GAA excludes me..." is not the truth, though I wouldn't go as far as to brand him a liar. At worst it's a very convoluted persecution complex.

Sorry how is it not true. It's written on page one of the Offucual Guide?