Come in if you Hate Christmas

Started by Itchy, December 22, 2023, 02:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 22, 2023, 10:03:36 PMGirl I know who works 16 hours a week and partner who doesn't work spent £3000 on presents for their 3 children.
Status only matters to people who don't have it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: seafoid on December 23, 2023, 09:48:11 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 22, 2023, 10:03:36 PMGirl I know who works 16 hours a week and partner who doesn't work spent £3000 on presents for their 3 children.
It is easy to be judgemental of people who apparently spend well beyond their means at Christmas, but for many who do without all year, it is a chance to spoil their family.

Armagh18

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 23, 2023, 10:48:22 AM
It is easy to be judgemental of people who apparently spend well beyond their means at Christmas, but for many who do without all year, it is a chance to spoil their family.
Must be selling abit of powder or how the hell are they affording that.

LeoMc

Quote from: bennydorano on December 22, 2023, 06:41:08 PMIf nothing else Christmas breaks up the winter, Winter would be such a long drag of a season without that mental & physical holiday.

It does that, at least by the time I go back to work in the new year the days are lengthening, if only marginally. It gets you thinking about spring.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 23, 2023, 12:17:06 PM

Tony 'its easy to be judgemental".....

Armagh " must be selling bitta powder"......

🤣🤣

Itchy

Quote from: LeoMc on December 23, 2023, 12:29:00 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on December 22, 2023, 06:41:08 PMIf nothing else Christmas breaks up the winter, Winter would be such a long drag of a season without that mental & physical holiday.

It does that, at least by the time I go back to work in the new year the days are lengthening, if only marginally. It gets you thinking about spring.

So let's keep the holiday days off and get rid of all the other shite

Eire90

is boxing day/st stephend day as big as you used to be in terms of people going to pubs and clubs or has it died down the last few years.

Armagh18

Quote from: Eire90 on December 23, 2023, 01:06:52 PMis boxing day/st stephend day as big as you used to be in terms of people going to pubs and clubs or has it died down the last few years.
Still mental as far as I can see.

Itchy

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 23, 2023, 01:44:49 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on December 23, 2023, 01:06:52 PMis boxing day/st stephend day as big as you used to be in terms of people going to pubs and clubs or has it died down the last few years.
Still mental as far as I can see.

Dont really know as I avoid days like that like the plague. Same for St Patrick's day

ONeill

Christmas for me is eating them cheese balls, cockles in vinegar, and doing a jigsaw. Jesus himself was a fan of all 3.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 22, 2023, 09:54:13 PM
Quote from: Brendan on December 22, 2023, 09:50:21 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 22, 2023, 09:44:55 PMLove Christmas. But starting the elf on a shelf was as big a mistake as I've made. Anyone who hasn't started it. Please, please don't. Not only is it a pain in the a$$, it just makes the older kids question everything more as well. Whoever started it deserves to have 12 branches of Holly rammed where the stars don't sparkle.
Oldest's last year of Santa this year, so she'll be taking on the mantle for the younger two next year. We'll See how fond of it she is then!!

Any tips on how to avoid starting elf on the shelf, my kids are starting to hear about it at school so may have no option but to do it next year  :o
Tell them Santa sent a Robin to keep an eye on them instead. Put birdseed out and hope for the best!! 😀
The Robin was what we were told when we were small.

There are plenty of suggestions on Facebook. Where he throws toilet roll down the stairs for example, or ends up in the fridge or outside on the car. But it's 23 or 24 days in December so simple moving him around the house works.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

I fell out with Christmas when I was a teenager because the magic had gone. It took a while to grow on me again, and it's back in my good books again. Having kids helps.

whitey

Quote from: Aaron Boone on December 23, 2023, 09:58:12 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 22, 2023, 09:54:13 PM
Quote from: Brendan on December 22, 2023, 09:50:21 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 22, 2023, 09:44:55 PMLove Christmas. But starting the elf on a shelf was as big a mistake as I've made. Anyone who hasn't started it. Please, please don't. Not only is it a pain in the a$$, it just makes the older kids question everything more as well. Whoever started it deserves to have 12 branches of Holly rammed where the stars don't sparkle.
Oldest's last year of Santa this year, so she'll be taking on the mantle for the younger two next year. We'll See how fond of it she is then!!

Any tips on how to avoid starting elf on the shelf, my kids are starting to hear about it at school so may have no option but to do it next year  :o
Tell them Santa sent a Robin to keep an eye on them instead. Put birdseed out and hope for the best!! 😀
The Robin was what we were told when we were small.

There are plenty of suggestions on Facebook. Where he throws toilet roll down the stairs for example, or ends up in the fridge or outside on the car. But it's 23 or 24 days in December so simple moving him around the house works.

Our Elf has been a resident of the top of the Christmas Tree since day one.

Tell them every elf is different....."ours like to be on top of the tree, so he can look out the window and see whats happening in the neighborhood"

gawa316

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on December 23, 2023, 12:38:38 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 23, 2023, 12:17:06 PM

Tony 'its easy to be judgemental".....

Armagh " must be selling bitta powder"......

🤣🤣

🤣