Dublin v Kerry 2023 Senior All Ireland final

Started by Blowitupref, July 16, 2023, 07:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

statto

Fancy Dublin to win this one, however, how Dublin stop Clifford is going to be massive as he could win the game on his own. 

I don't think the Kerry forward line is great Moynihan and Spillane aren't massive scoring threats and Geaney is the shadow of himself. Gannon/Murchan are excellent defenders and I believe can get the better of P Clifford.  Small will probably pick up O'Shea who to be fair had a big second half against Derry and caused Small bother in last years semi.  Will be interesting if O'Shea plays right in with Clifford to try an exploit the Dublin full back line.   

Dublin for me also have the advantage in midfield and on kickouts with Cluxton there and Fenton and the ageless McCarthy.  Barry has a decent record against Fenton though so will be no inferiority complex.  Also think Dublin bench will bring more to the party than Kerry and have a wider spread of scores.  Should be a good open contest.

NotedObserver

Quote from: statto on July 26, 2023, 03:33:12 PM
Fancy Dublin to win this one, however, how Dublin stop Clifford is going to be massive as he could win the game on his own. 

I don't think the Kerry forward line is great Moynihan and Spillane aren't massive scoring threats and Geaney is the shadow of himself. Gannon/Murchan are excellent defenders and I believe can get the better of P Clifford.  Small will probably pick up O'Shea who to be fair had a big second half against Derry and caused Small bother in last years semi.  Will be interesting if O'Shea plays right in with Clifford to try an exploit the Dublin full back line.   

Dublin for me also have the advantage in midfield and on kickouts with Cluxton there and Fenton and the ageless McCarthy.  Barry has a decent record against Fenton though so will be no inferiority complex.  Also think Dublin bench will bring more to the party than Kerry and have a wider spread of scores.  Should be a good open contest.

Derry couldn't handle Clifford and nearly won the game themselves. Kerry forwards need to step it up a level to have a chance and feel they need to go into HT with a decent lead

Captain Obvious

I see Kerry GAA have a bit more cop with the name of their post match function this year.  From "Post Match Party" Last year to Sunday's "end of season gathering"

BuzzCagney

Geaney and Moynihan always play well against the Dubs.  Geaney excellent bet for anytime goalscorer.  Spillane will be upgrade on bench for Tony Brosnan.

Real Talk

I wouldn't say that Kerry are just a two man effective forward division (ie David C and Sean O'S )  and credit must be given to a good Derry system that nullifying their other forwards. 

The final will take on a 'life of its own' as all Kerry and Dublin games do. 

So if Dublin can keep 15 players on the field for the duration of the game then the power of James McCarthy and the effectiveness of Fenton and  their spread of quality forwards plus another 4/5 star options 'off the bench' will provide the platform for a Dublin victory.

The ref will have a big bearing on the flow of the game !!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Real Talk on July 27, 2023, 08:33:19 AM
I wouldn't say that Kerry are just a two man effective forward division (ie David C and Sean O'S )  and credit must be given to a good Derry system that nullifying their other forwards. 

The final will take on a 'life of its own' as all Kerry and Dublin games do. 

So if Dublin can keep 15 players on the field for the duration of the game then the power of James McCarthy and the effectiveness of Fenton and  their spread of quality forwards plus another 4/5 star options 'off the bench' will provide the platform for a Dublin victory.

The ref will have a big bearing on the flow of the game !!!

Would it be better to have the public who are watching the game to have an app that they use to ref the game with, so if so many press and button at 'free' then a big hooter goes off at Croke and free given with the relevant punishment? Who would we blame then?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Good idea Milltown  ;D
Do they want the Ref to ignore fouls, or just ignore one team's fouls, or only blow for certain fouls or what exactly?
Maybe players could stop fouling ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on July 27, 2023, 10:10:59 AM
Good udea Milltown  ;D
Do they want the Ref to ignore fouls, or just ignore one team's fouls, or only blow for certain fouls or what exactly?
Maybe players could stop fouling ?

Personally the experts on the sofa have it sussed, I'm in the process of developing that app, then we can move on to how a team loses the game rather than the ref ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

93-DY-SAM

Are we sure the football final is definitely this Sunday? Not sure if it is just me but never seen as quiet build-up to a final. Maybe there is more about it in Dublin or Kerry? 

imtommygunn

There aren't that many posters from either county on this forum. Ulster and connacht dominated really. I'd expect more if you had more dubs / kerry people.

I would expect it's a big enough build up round those areas.

statto

Quote from: BuzzCagney on July 27, 2023, 12:58:55 AM

Geaney and Moynihan always play well against the Dubs.  Geaney excellent bet for anytime goalscorer.  Spillane will be upgrade on bench for Tony Brosnan.
Would agree with that, but not sure how match fit he will be will be hard to get up to the speed of an AI final. 

Blowitupref

Last All Ireland final between Kerry and Dublin was in 2019 and having looked into it there was 19 pages on the thread three days before the drawn final so for whatever reason the same interest isn't there for this Kerry v Dublin final on here.  September final made a difference back then?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Real Talk

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 27, 2023, 04:13:57 PM
Last All Ireland final between Kerry and Dublin was in 2019 and having looked into it there was 19 pages on the thread three days before the drawn final so for whatever reason the same interest isn't there for this Kerry v Dublin final on here.  September final made a difference back then?

Aye that's true but there an awful lot more Social media options being activated than this Discussion forum ... also maybe Mayo & Tyrone being completely out of the picture makes a big difference too

From the Bunker

The interest in Inter-county football is waning every year. The Dublin Dominance of 2011 to 2021 created a huge gulf. The tinkering with the Super 8's and the present format has seen the Privileged getting more privileges.

The Pre-Quarter-final winners getting a week to prepare for a Quarter Final was a Joke and the games proved this.

The Tailteann Cup seen a team like Meath end up in it because a Division 4 side beat two Division 4 sides to qualify for Sam Maguire. What a mess? 

GAAGO greediness added to the lack of interest as feck all could see the games.

There is an apathy. The game itself is incredibly boring, bar the very odd game.

JoG2

Hoping Dublin win by 10, but I don't think there will be a kick of a ball in it. Will be gripping