Armagh next steps

Started by bennydorano, July 03, 2023, 10:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

If I was an Armagh man, Mc Geeney deserves another term..He has helped make Armagh punch and kick above their own weight...

general_lee

Quote from: bennydorano on August 12, 2023, 11:43:20 AM
Shite is a bit OTT, apply those same standards to Armagh club football and what would you have? Clonoe would undoubtedly be competitive in the Armagh SFC, no matter their current status. Na Fianna are a strong senior side, recent Tyrone championships show that. The 'shiteness' increases as you move further away from the island no doubt, due to too many clubs among sparse populations.
Apply the same principle in Armagh - too many clubs and too many small clubs. If you cross the blackwater into Armagh you have an array of clubs (maybe not as concentrated) but all small clubs in a staunchly unionist part of the county. With the exception of Maghery all junior/lower intermediate standard.

bennydorano

Quote from: marty34 on August 12, 2023, 12:31:55 PM
Shite is a bit OTT, apply those same standards to Armagh club football and what would you have? Clonoe would undoubtedly be competitive in the Armagh SFC, no matter their current status. Na Fianna are a strong senior side, recent Tyrone championships show that. The 'shiteness' increases as you move further away from the island no doubt, due to too many clubs among sparse populations.

Is that whole area not packed with houses?

Good road network for workers in Belfast, Dungannon and Cookstown.
Dunno tbh, a very Flaggy area in parts too, I don't know where Killyman get the fenians from to play. They're likely competing with Clonmore just over the county boundary for players too. Maghery only a few miles away too.

bennydorano

See we won the Buncrana Cup (U16 A) and the U15 version as well today, think it was the A comp. Not too shabby, maybe things are looking up at underage.

DuffleKing

Good to have a couple of signs of life for sure though not sure how indicative of future success those would be. The u15s wouldn't be top level competition.

North Man

It's a great competition and a superb springboard for minor football.
I remember Derry winning it in 2001 and 6 players started in the 2002 winning minor team.

Captain Obvious

Long overdue underage structures in place after years of neglect.

Orior

Quote from: bennydorano on August 12, 2023, 01:30:33 PM
Quote from: marty34 on August 12, 2023, 12:31:55 PM

Is that whole area not packed with houses?

Good road network for workers in Belfast, Dungannon and Cookstown.
Dunno tbh, a very Flaggy area in parts too, I don't know where Killyman get the fenians from to play. They're likely competing with Clonmore just over the county boundary for players too. Maghery only a few miles away too.

In terms of GAA clubs in flaggy areas, Mullabrack beside Markethill and St Pauls in Holywood must be near the top.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

5times5times

Ideal team next year in the 1% chance we've everyone available and no injuries?

Rafferty
McKay Forker C'ONeill
McCabe McCambridge Burns
Mackin Crealey
Duffy O'ONeill Grugan
Turbitt R'ONeill Murnin

Subs
Soupy
Kelly
Cummiskey
McPartlan
Burns
Morgan
McQuillan
C Mackin
Kieran
Conaty

Milltown Row2

Could this thread not be done on the Armagh thread pages? How many steps would it take the admin to move this thread lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2023, 10:13:47 AM
Could this thread not be done on the Armagh thread pages? How many steps would it take the admin to move this thread lol

What?
Why does it matter. Anyway I want to read about how Armagh are gonna win another All Ireland.

They should write another song for getting to the Ulster Semi final.

dec

I would argue we should go the other way, bring all the GAA threads back into the main forum. Given the drop-off in volume at the board it might be better to give visibility to the threads in the local and hurling sub-forums. The local threads often have subjects that would interest people in other counties (club amalgamations, reserve teams, underage setup)

BrotherMore6592

tonto1888

Nobody is asking you to read it

restorepride

Quote from: 5times5times on August 16, 2023, 10:10:28 AM
Ideal team next year in the 1% chance we've everyone available and no injuries?

Rafferty
McKay Forker C'ONeill
McCabe McCambridge Burns
Mackin Crealey
Duffy O'ONeill Grugan
Turbitt R'ONeill Murnin

Subs
Soupy
Kelly
Cummiskey
McPartlan
Burns