Standard of Refs

Started by guevara, July 01, 2023, 07:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 05, 2023, 01:22:09 PM
If an attacking player is in the square with the ball and fist passes to another player who is standing in the square is that a square ball?
I think there was a goal like this in the woman's football semi-final last week-end and it stood.

Nanderson

If an attacking player is in the square with the ball and fist passes to another player who is standing in the square is that a square ball?
no

imtommygunn

Quote from: marty34 on August 05, 2023, 03:07:01 PM
I think there was a goal like this in the woman's football semi-final last week-end and it stood.

Yeah that is what made me wonder.

theticklemister

Chat about it in the referees chat if I remember

HiMucker

Quote from: theticklemister on August 05, 2023, 01:28:39 PM
Thing about it..... he knew he was wrong but still shouted.
only an arsehole would have blown that for a free at the end of a championship game

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HiMucker on August 05, 2023, 10:43:39 PM
only an arsehole would have blown that for a free at the end of a championship game

The problem is if it's as blatant as someone collecting the ball less than 13 meters from a free is it a foul or "ffs it's championship ya ballon" play on?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Is that an unwritten rule....let them have a last attack even though halfway through that attack the time is officially up?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Saffron_sam20

Wow referees get it tough. Hoping to get back into the game after retiring as a player, don't think the dedication of a coach or manager would be for me. Was thinking might take up the whistle but how I've seen referees treated prob wouldn't be worth it. I've always treated refs with
Respect, if I've ever questioned them they've answered me cause I haven't resorted to calling the
names. My young boy is football mad and if I was refereeing would I want to bring him to a game where his da is beingcalled every name under the sun? Def not. I've played nearly every position apart from GK and I've prob had more bad games than good, the luxury being I've had 14 other fellas to pull me out, if a ref is Having a bad game it's him and him alone takes the flak.

Fair play to the referees, hardest job there is.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on August 06, 2023, 12:37:56 AM
Is that an unwritten rule....let them have a last attack even though halfway through that attack the time is officially up?

Everyone is different, I personally have two watches going, one I don't stop, the other I stop for injuries and stoppages like subs or if the goal keeper is taking this piss....

Once the stoppage watch hits 30 minutes I generally blow.

There was a match sort of league decider, just before the 30 minutes of the second half the home team won a free, around 35 yards, I said to player you've one play, he played it short fine, that player then passed forward again, all still in that 30 minute time frame, the first backward pass I blew! Watch was 30.25 seconds other watch was 35.25, they lost it saying you can't blow when in a forward position! Where does this mindset come from? Is it coached?

I was lambasted coming off the pitch by supporters
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theticklemister

It was a hop ball

theticklemister

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 06, 2023, 07:54:59 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 06, 2023, 12:37:56 AM

Everyone is different, I personally have two watches going, one I don't stop, the other I stop for injuries and stoppages like subs or if the goal keeper is taking this piss....

Once the stoppage watch hits 30 minutes I generally blow.

There was a match sort of league decider, just before the 30 minutes of the second half the home team won a free, around 35 yards, I said to player you've one play, he played it short fine, that player then passed forward again, all still in that 30 minute time frame, the first backward pass I blew! Watch was 30.25 seconds other watch was 35.25, they lost it saying you can't blow when in a forward position! Where does this mindset come from? Is it coached?

I was lambasted coming off the pitch by supporters

The best story I had about time added on what an All Britain ladies semi final.  Roger Casements from Warwickshire were playing Tir Chonaill Gaels from London. The London team were miles ahead most of the game but we're getting caught up by Casements. Casements were moving the ball well with a minute to go and just on 30 minutes, one of the Casemenrs girls) was about to pull the trigger for a goal and she was emptied. It was right on 30 minutes.  By the time the wee girl was seen to and helped off my watch rolled onto 35 minutes. Deirdre Doherty , who now stars for Mayo, blasted the ball into the net and I blew for time up. I got dog's abuse from the opposite side. Real bad stuff running onto the pitch to me.

There was not one stoppage in the whole of the second half. So on 30 minutes I was for blowing it. The fact that they had a huge lead and let it whittle away was a problem of their own.

Rossfan

It's always the Refs fault......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RadioGAAGAA

No because the ball is already in the square.
i usse an speelchekor

LeoMc

Should they be allowed to over carry or to pick the ball off the ground in injury time?

imtommygunn

This camogie ref here  here  :o Derry 5 catches the balls and gets absolutely flattened - free to Meath.