Started by HiMucker, June 27, 2023, 11:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 02, 2023, 03:50:36 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 02, 2023, 03:44:17 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 02, 2023, 03:36:55 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 02, 2023, 03:29:01 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 02, 2023, 03:26:40 PM
How that team can be considered genuine All Ireland contenders is beyond me,  a mid pack team at best. A Conor Glass / Shane McGuigan injury away from mediocrity.

Lol

A mid pack team that have been in the last 4 2 years running! Must be a fluke alright!
Eh, you beat Clare last year to get-to AISF, slight step up this year in Cork, so luck has most definitely been with you. Good top 8 side but not much more.

Derry are probably No5 after Dubs/Kerry/Mayo/Galway... I'm not sure what case you can make for any other team to be above us!

Plus we're only just up from Div4 recently we're not going to win the All Ireland but we're building towards it. I'll take where we're at now I'm sure the other mid pack teams like Armagh/Roscommon/Cork/Kildare/Tyrone would want to swap with us!

Very sensible post
Some derry fans, probably the more younger generation have maybe lost the run of themselves recently
But it's where we're at, no doubt
And going in to ai sem final as underdogs will be a lot better than today as big favourites

That's about it in a nutshell. Most Derry people very aware of our limits tempered with expectations. Don't see too many losing the run of themselves and getting carried away with ideas above their station unlike another county.  Anyway we can only deal with what's in front of us and that's another all Ireland semi.

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 02, 2023, 03:01:36 PM
f**k me but this is heart breaking shite
It's awful when such a talented team worships shite.
There is more class in the Kilkenny County Football Championship

Sportacus

Over coached boring system football.  Embarrassing watching the Mayo Dublin game after that.

Mario

Quote from: Sportacus on July 02, 2023, 04:40:39 PM
Over coached boring system football.  Embarrassing watching the Mayo Dublin game after that.
Cork beat Mayo by 3 points, so I don't feel too embarrassed as a Derry man tbh

restorepride

How that team can be considered genuine All Ireland contenders is beyond me,  a mid pack team at best. A Conor Glass / Shane McGuigan injury away from mediocrity.
Top  4 team for second year in a row. Get over it WUM.

Milltown Row2

Defo top 4 after watching Mayo today
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

markl121

Bet Mayo wish they had such a system

blasmere

Quote from: restorepride on July 02, 2023, 04:52:27 PM
Top  4 team for second year in a row. Get over it WUM.

Derry are overachieving in particular with the forwards they have, Armagh are underachieving and that's what really irks him.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

bennydorano

Armagh club football is brutal, we haven't had a decent county underage team in over a decade, Armagh are over-achievers imo. Derry are a decent side, just not top drawer, dunno why yous are circling the wagons.

blasmere

I ain't a Derry man. Armagh have really decent forwards but aren't utilising them, look at what O'Neill can do given half a chance. It'd be frustrating watching that style of play when they have more capability upfront.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

full moon

I wanted Derry to win as a neutral but really it's awful football, not sure why Roscommon got so much stick in comparison.

I also think they have lost an edge Derry, I think Dublin or Kerry will comfortably win.

seafoid

Quote from: bennydorano on July 02, 2023, 05:36:40 PM
Armagh club football is brutal, we haven't had a decent county underage team in over a decade, Armagh are over-achievers imo. Derry are a decent side, just not top drawer, dunno why yous are circling the wagons.
Derry would be ranked above Armagh but they aren't all Ireland contenders.

Sportacus

Quote from: Mario on July 02, 2023, 04:43:23 PM
You were saying .....

HiMucker

Quote from: Sportacus on July 02, 2023, 06:00:49 PM
Quote from: Mario on July 02, 2023, 04:43:23 PM
You were saying .....
well done you waited until the second half to make your opinion fit. I'll be honest our style might be a bit boring, but teams damn sure have to work to beat us. I honestly think that the games are only boring when we are up against a tema that believe they can't win unless they match the system. I think we will see a more open game with kerry as they will have no fear and go for it.

kickingmule

I would rather watch the likes of monaghan/Tyrone or armagh than that drivel or for that matter antrim on a wet evening.
The Question is: why are they playing this way?