derry v cork 02/07/23

Started by HiMucker, June 27, 2023, 11:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: kickingmule on July 02, 2023, 06:23:34 PM
I would rather watch the likes of monaghan/Tyrone or armagh than that drivel or for that matter antrim on a wet evening.
The Question is: why are they playing this way?

At some stage you'll maybe post something that isn't complete and utter drivel.
2 Ulster's back to back and 2 AI semi finals back to back. From our starting position that isn't bad going.

We have to go for it in 2 weeks, there's another gear or 2 from what we seen today. Our big hitters all have to have a big game and we'll see how it goes. Kerry prob a step top far but Derry won't be easy beat (I hope).

Sportacus

I can understand Derry supporters defending it, you're seeing it through a different lens, going to the games and winning, so fair play.  But for the neutral it's desperate. That's why there's flak. 
The semi against Kerry is set up now very reminiscent of Mickey Harte bringing the Tyrone 'system' to the semi-final against the Dubs in 2017 and most neutrals were glad to see them well cleaned out.
It's up to you whether you stick to the plan or come up with something new.

blasmere

Quote from: kickingmule on July 02, 2023, 06:23:34 PM
I would rather watch the likes of monaghan/Tyrone or armagh than that drivel or for that matter antrim on a wet evening.
The Question is: why are they playing this way?

Monaghan and Armagh, while exciting and tense, was turgid at times last night, especially from Armagh when they had a spare man
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

tbrick18

I said it earlier in the week, this was going to be a tight game.
Derry looked nervous as perceived favorites and didn't play particularly well.
But to play below your best and get a reasonably comfortable win against a form team with momentum is fantastic.
I thought we had some immense individual performance today.
Mckinless, both dohertys, mcfaul, Paul cassidy and the 2 midfielders and McCloskey.
Mcguigan was definitely off but cork had their homework done on him.
Of all the quarterfinalists I think the best 4 have gone through.
Dublin and kerry obviously hot favorites but that will suit monaghan and Derry.

In general, the ref had a good game but how that wasn't a back card for the penalty I'll never know.
2 dubious 45s given to cork and one not given for derry when the cork keeper palmed it off the crossbar and over the end line.

Conditions were difficult too. Strong blustery breeze continuously changing direction and several showers.

Derry prob should have won by 8 or 9.

Nobody saying Derry will wi an AI, but we're in a seriously good place.
Really good underage teams, strong colleges, very strong clubs in Glen, slaughtneil,  Magherafelt and county seniors in 2nd Aisf in a row, promotion to div1 and back to back ulster winners.
I wouldn't change a thing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Well done the Muckers, and good luck with it!  :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Wildweasel74

Derry were shocking today, that safety first attitude gonna really bite us in the ass. Never seen as many men play so bad. Starting to fear a Tyrone like hammering against Kerry. Not a happy Bunny.!

NotedObserver

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 02, 2023, 09:49:26 PM
Derry were shocking today, that safety first attitude gonna really bite us in the ass. Never seen as many men play so bad. Starting to fear a Tyrone like hammering against Kerry. Not a happy Bunny.!

The first decent post. A previous post said Derry had 7-8 immense performances. Though they'll not get hammered like Tyrone as they have been poor for couple of years and yesterdays performance particularly poor. Saying that Kerry left scores behind them lol. The best derry move was the one long ball into mcguigan for the pen and thought cork got through handy enuf at times but they didn't have that bit of class

markl121

Feel like we were poor today, worst performance of the season maybe, but still won, looked like we were in second gear and when we needed a goal we got one almost immediately. Will need everyone to be perfect against Kerry to have a chance but it's nice to be still in the championship, we spent enough years being crap.

Wildweasel74

Well we 2 corner forwards short, thin on the bench, no real right footed free taker, poor on 45's. And manager gone halfway through the season and only outta Division 4, 4yrs ago.Know we not win an All-Ireland, So I take were Derry are at, in the semis again, what's the rest of your excuses for you teams not cutting it.

Derryman forever

Where there is life, there's hope!
I expect nothing and hope for everything.
And i have found i am often satisfied.

Real Talk

Quote from: Derryman forever on July 02, 2023, 11:42:43 PM

Great way of looking at and behaving in life .... it's is important to " enjoy the moment "

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Derryman forever on July 02, 2023, 11:42:43 PM

+1

👏👏👏👏

NAG1

I would say Derry are in no lose territory here.

Huge under dogs going in, little or no expectation outside of the group.

Derry werent great at the weekend and Cork were awful so hard to know where they are at level wise.