derry v cork 02/07/23

Started by HiMucker, June 27, 2023, 11:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

That was dreadful, most games of football are the same.

Tatler Jack

Is it too much to expect commentators to know a black card offence?

bennydorano

How that team can be considered genuine All Ireland contenders is beyond me,  a mid pack team at best. A Conor Glass / Shane McGuigan injury away from mediocrity.

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on July 02, 2023, 03:26:40 PM
How that team can be considered genuine All Ireland contenders is beyond me,  a mid pack team at best. A Conor Glass / Shane McGuigan injury away from mediocrity.

Lol

A mid pack team that have been in the last 4 2 years running! Must be a fluke alright!

Hoof Hearted

Gaa is a results business nowadays
Entertainment doesn't usually come into it

Am I right in saying that derry will play either kerry or dublin/mayo
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Itchy

Kerry look way ahead of Derry and Monaghan based on the 3 quarter finals so far.

screenexile

Thought we were excellent defensively and poor going forward probably McGuigans worst game this year but hopefully that's it out of the way!

I know we only had 8 shots in the first half but we lost 3-4 balls in the scoring zone very easily. We should really have won that by 6-7 missing a couple of goals chances and a penalty but we're still in it and that is all that matters.

If the Dubs get beat here we'll be the only unbeaten team still in the Cship!

Schkite

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 02, 2023, 03:31:28 PM

Correct. Derry & Monaghan can't meet again. Kerry can't meet Mayo(if they win), and Dublin could meet anyone. That's how I understand it anyway

bennydorano

Quote from: screenexile on July 02, 2023, 03:29:01 PM

Lol

A mid pack team that have been in the last 4 2 years running! Must be a fluke alright!
Eh, you beat Clare last year to get-to AISF, slight step up this year in Cork, so luck has most definitely been with you. Good top 8 side but not much more.

Hound

I think Derry will look better against a football team, e.g Kerry, Mayo and Dublin. The two Derry v Dublin league games were both decent. Two defensive teams coming up against each other can be a poor watch, especially when one of them is 4+ points clear.

RedHand88

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 02, 2023, 03:31:28 PM

Correct. Can't play Monaghan.

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on July 02, 2023, 03:36:55 PM

Lol

Eh, you beat Clare last year to get-to AISF, slight step up this year in Cork, so luck has most definitely been with you. Good top 8 side but not much more.

Derry are probably No5 after Dubs/Kerry/Mayo/Galway... I'm not sure what case you can make for any other team to be above us!

Plus we're only just up from Div4 recently we're not going to win the All Ireland but we're building towards it. I'll take where we're at now I'm sure the other mid pack teams like Armagh/Roscommon/Cork/Kildare/Tyrone would want to swap with us!

93-DY-SAM

Lol

Jaysus Benny. You're an awful whine bag.

RedHand88

I would put Derry well above Armagh in the current standings.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: screenexile on July 02, 2023, 03:44:17 PM

Lol

Derry are probably No5 after Dubs/Kerry/Mayo/Galway... I'm not sure what case you can make for any other team to be above us!

Plus we're only just up from Div4 recently we're not going to win the All Ireland but we're building towards it. I'll take where we're at now I'm sure the other mid pack teams like Armagh/Roscommon/Cork/Kildare/Tyrone would want to swap with us!

Very sensible post
Some derry fans, probably the more younger generation have maybe lost the run of themselves recently
But it's where we're at, no doubt
And going in to ai sem final as underdogs will be a lot better than today as big favourites
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012