Kerry v Throne AIQF - Saturday July 1st

Started by Ciarrai_thuaidh, June 26, 2023, 07:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CK_Redhand

MR2 and Screenexile. You might have found the jokes funny. OK that's grand. Can you accept that a significant number of people have good reason to be offended? Yes or no

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CK_Redhand on July 06, 2023, 08:29:08 PM
MR2 and Screenexile. You might have found the jokes funny. OK that's grand. Can you accept that a significant number of people have good reason to be offended? Yes or no

So Tyroneies are offended about someone saying covid semi?

Personally, and at the time if part of the Kerry committee I would not have been offering to play the game. Yas pulled a fast one and it worked. Save me the concern about covid in general, as that wasn't the case here.

I can throw up plenty of posts from Tyrone posters who were not into buying into the real danger of covid but happy to get the extra weeks to have players 'with covid' ready.

And show me were I said it was funny? Piss takers?  yes 100%
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Not really! I had my own issues within my family over Covid but I can separate out a tongue in cheek comment with regard to Tyrone's postponement in 2021 versus someone who's actively trying to cause offence.

I don't really understand why others can't see it the same way!

Wildweasel74

Er no, if some lad gonna say something very offensive on a field. I no problem airing it in public, Limavady man called us all Tyrone men one time during a game. Lad never saw the finish.

reddgnhand

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 06, 2023, 10:07:19 PM
Er no, if some lad gonna say something very offensive on a field. I no problem airing it in public, Limavady man called us all Tyrone men one time during a game. Lad never saw the finish.

If it was Ballinderry he was right. Lol

RedHand88

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 06, 2023, 10:07:19 PM

That's below the belt. 52 week ban.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 06, 2023, 09:07:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2023, 08:42:56 PM

Personally, and at the time if part of the Kerry committee I would not have been offering to play the game. Yas pulled a fast one and it worked. Save me the concern about covid in general, as that wasn't the case here.

I can throw up plenty of posts from Tyrone posters who were not into buying into the real danger of covid but happy to get the extra weeks to have players 'with covid' ready.

I asked a number of times back then and didn't get an answer but I'll ask again. What was the fast one that Tyrone pulled? What was it all about?

I said at the time, I felt that Tyrone used a covid situation to their advantage, if I'm the manager of a team and I am struggling to field at club level I'll bring in my reserves to play, Tyrone are picking from a county, they'd plenty to pick from.

Choose their path and that should have been the end of it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NotedObserver

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2023, 11:02:24 PM

I asked a number of times back then and didn't get an answer but I'll ask again. What was the fast one that Tyrone pulled? What was it all about?

I said at the time, I felt that Tyrone used a covid situation to their advantage, if I'm the manager of a team and I am struggling to field at club level I'll bring in my reserves to play, Tyrone are picking from a county, they'd plenty to pick from.

They played the Ulster final with many missing with covid. The week delay was correct as was required and Tyrone won. Been poor since but won it fair and square

square_ball

Careful Duine - MR2 will be saying you have special needs next like he was calling people in another thread.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 07, 2023, 07:24:42 AM

It's not really a fast one. They had a covid situation, declared it and asked for an extra week. That's pretty upfront. The GAA could have refused.

And that's what happen, but don't tell me they didn't have players to fulfil the fixture.

If a team goes down with a stomach bug (which I think happened with Spurs one time, I could be wrong) was the game refixed?

Your club lost out a couple of years ago due to players playing injured and fixture pile ups, a week or two rest could have given them time to recover. In fairness they died with their boots on and Dunloy went on to win handy in final.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 07, 2023, 10:18:48 AM
They said there was no point fulfilling the fixture due to the amount of players missing. They pulled out of it. The GAA and Kerry gave them time to recover. Kerry could have advanced to the final.

I know, it was discussed at length at the time, my view as I said would be that Tyrone had players available and refused to play without their 'key' players, Croke allowed it to happen, it wouldn't have been a good look for Kerry to just advance to final, they took the popular choice.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2023, 10:14:11 AM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 07, 2023, 07:24:42 AM

It's not really a fast one. They had a covid situation, declared it and asked for an extra week. That's pretty upfront. The GAA could have refused.

And that's what happen, but don't tell me they didn't have players to fulfil the fixture.

If a team goes down with a stomach bug (which I think happened with Spurs one time, I could be wrong) was the game refixed?

Your club lost out a couple of years ago due to players playing injured and fixture pile ups, a week or two rest could have given them time to recover. In fairness they died with their boots on and Dunloy went on to win handy in final.

But it was the GAA's decision to reschedule not Tyrone's. Were the GAA being cute huirs?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

HokeyPokey

Tyrone had little to no proper preparation. They took medical advice. Do people honestly think that those medical professionals at the top of their field would put their name and career on the line over this?

They were training with 10 or 15 for most of the period concerned and maybe had one or two training sessions with the full compliment. Kerry could have advanced to the final if they wanted to. It was their choice. They had no shortage of preparation.

It wasn't Tyrone's fault that Kerry didn't get the cake walk that they had expected. 

trueblue1234

Not to mention the extra week didn't weaken the Kerry team. Tyrone were just better on the day in 21. Would Kerry have gotten any satisfaction in a walk over given the circumstances. I doubt it. I think most Kerry people I spoke to were of the same view. Apart from a couple in the media, I don't think many had any qualms about it.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Could Tyrone field? That's all I'm asking. They put the ball back to crokes court and they made the call.

Kerry's prep isn't what I'm talking about. There are numerous incidents every year were a team is unable to field its best team. But games go on regardless