AIQF Armagh v Monaghan

Started by tonto1888, June 26, 2023, 06:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

The best ref performance I have witnessed in an Ulster crunch game was Coldrick in 2013, the Ulster Final  Monaghan V Donegal in what turned out to be the finest exhibition of Ulster championship football this century.
He let most everything go, the game was played at a fierce intensity, players were being carried off with dead legs, blood pouring out of various orifices, eyes swollen shut, organic battle wounds earned in the heat of wild abandon intensity. However he did dish out a few cards for the dastardly act of shirt tugging.

seafoid

I think a trainful of Armagh supporters on the way to a match in Dublin would make a great play. With every 5 minutes an inspirational snippet by Benny Durano followed by fast music. For about an hour. With the train breaking down in Dundalk. And then a Tyrone voice every 2 minutes pointing out the weaknesses on the rest of the  way to Dublin.

thewobbler

Quote from: seafoid on June 28, 2023, 08:00:50 AM
I think a trainful of Armagh supporters on the way to a match in Dublin would make a great play. With every 5 minutes an inspirational snippet by Benny Durano followed by fast music. For about an hour. With the train breaking down in Dundalk. And then a Tyrone voice every 2 minutes pointing out the weaknesses on the rest of the  way to Dublin.

Boarding a train for Dublin at Newry, when it's early morning, you are stone cold sober and you find it full of the Portadown/Lurgan Buckfast brigade on full charge. It's the stuff of nightmares. It's that awful, they should use it for rehabilitating prisoners.

illdecide

Quote from: thewobbler on June 28, 2023, 08:19:18 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 28, 2023, 08:00:50 AM

Boarding a train for Dublin at Newry, when it's early morning, you are stone cold sober and you find it full of the Portadown/Lurgan Buckfast brigade on full charge. It's the stuff of nightmares. It's that awful, they should use it for rehabilitating prisoners.

The Lurgan ones have to get drunk to travel thru Portydown and then to bare the smell of diesel in Newry when the South Armagh fuel launderers get on the train...

All winding/joking aside it can be awful on that train if you're beside or close to drunk teenagers shouting and getting on. I'm not much of a drinker and very rarely take a drink but my last experience on the trains last year was actually a pleasant one but we were lucky to be on a carriage with older ones enjoying a beer and a bit of Elvis singing even broke out but I have been on the opposite end of that standing for 2 hours on a train with bampots everywhere...mixed bag really.

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

The trains to Cork & Kerry for league games used to be great and made the weekend. I rather gouge my eyes out than go on a special these days, fook that.

naka

only going to be one train on saturday by the look sof it.

general_lee

Pretty poor from Translink. Not like they're not aware of the strong possibility of Armagh playing in Dublin this time of year. If it was an Ulster or Ireland rugby match you can guarantee they'd provide additional trains.

seafoid

Do GAAGO not provide trains ?

Rossfan

Should trains to GAA matches be free?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

You can watch live coverage of the train on GAAGO

Louther

Just to keep up:

This should be a standalone game in Croke Park where only Armagh fans can get tickets, all non match traffic is banned from M1, toll charges are waived in addition to unlimited trains and the game is to receive blanket free to air coverage on all channels?

general_lee

Quote from: Louther on June 28, 2023, 01:00:45 PM
Just to keep up:

This should be a standalone game in Croke Park where only Armagh fans can get tickets, all non match traffic is banned from M1, toll charges are waived in addition to unlimited trains and the game is to receive blanket free to air coverage on all channels?
There's 3 neighbouring counties playing on Saturday. Armagh are one of the lucky counties in Ulster to still have the luxury of a railway skirting through our boundaries. There's always demand from Armagh fans for GAA specials - Tyrone fans avail of the train too from Portadown, I'm sure some Monaghan ones as well from Dundalk.

5times5times

Rafferty
Burns Higgins Forker
McCabe McKay O'Neill
Mackin Crealey
Duffy Grugan Campbell
Tubitt Murnin ONeill

Bench
Cumiskey
McQuillan
Burns
Morgan

naka

Quote from: Louther on June 28, 2023, 01:00:45 PM
Just to keep up:

fair play Louther
thats a damn good suggestion.

Angus MacGyver

Is there one among you, anyone at all, brave enough to attempt the N2?