Minor All Ireland Football Championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, May 26, 2023, 07:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onefineday

Quote from: JimStynes on June 24, 2023, 09:47:42 PM
The sooner the minors are back on as a curtain raiser to the senior all Ireland the better! Loved getting in for the minor game on final day and it must have been some buzz for the young lads playing at HQ in front of a full house.

The David Clifford final is bound to have been the best ever minor performance??
I'd rather see tailtean cup final as the curtain raiser - there's no doubting that it's an unbelievable experience for the minors getting to play before an AIF, but who is more deserving, the likes of a John heslin after 12 years of toil or a David Clifford starting on his journey?
I'm all for minor games being played as curtain raiders, but no need for it to be before the final.
And I'd fully support the move back to 18, the leaving cert/a-level argument is nonsense, as I'm sure many on here dan attest to, there's plenty of time for both.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Disappointing result for Kerry. Horrible error by the keeper for the decisive goal and just before HT too. I did think Monaghan were marginally better on the day though having watched it back. Kerry will rue some of the wasted possessions and a few other errors. I thought the keeper lost his nerve a bit and just belted every kickout long for a finish but they are 16/17 so hard to blame them too much. Minor needs to go back to 18 as people have said here. GAA people up and down the country know it, just the few in the Ivory tower of Croke park won't acknowledge it.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Wildweasel74

I sorta see it just as another money racket, 20euro yesterday!.

markl121

geoblocked on the tg4 player in the north. Shite

Wildweasel74

Derry were straight through on goal there if that lad had passed to the extra player on the left.

Wildweasel74

Both teams making poor basic mistakes here, especially when shooting

Wildweasel74

Derry running into too many 2/3 men tackles, silly!. Dublin missed about 4 good chances. Derry normally wouldn't play as open as this.

Wildweasel74

Dublin No. 12 is killing us, need a change there.

markl121

Gael85

Wildweasel74

He not miss much longer, been through 4 times, he should clocked about a goal 3, Can't leave the same man on him to half time.

Wildweasel74

If that's a card  it's black not yellow.

Champion The Wonder Horse

CK_Redhand

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on June 25, 2023, 06:11:42 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 25, 2023, 05:59:57 PM
If that's a card  it's black not yellow.

Would agree with that.
Same. Was wondering if any rules are different than seniors? Maybe just 30 minute halves?

markl121

what happened there? just turned back on to see goalie sent off