Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Why did he question Marriners performance on Sunday then if he is trying to curry favour?  Answers on a postcard..........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bingobus

IMHO you're reading too much into his commenst and trying to support the crazy comments on this thread that the sending off was the worst decision since Hitler invaded Poland. I've not heard or seen any media slamming the sending off. But then again Fergie has them in his pocket to. Maybe they are in on his cunning plan to.

Neville deserved it, Hamill obviously wound him up over weekend and he snapped.

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

Does magpie seanie ever admit when he is wrong? Is he really that deluded ? Answer also on a postcard please
AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC

magpie seanie

Quote from: bingobus on October 28, 2009, 03:42:53 PM
IMHO you're reading too much into his commenst and trying to support the crazy comments on this thread that the sending off was the worst decision since Hitler invaded Poland. I've not heard or seen any media slamming the sending off. But then again Fergie has them in his pocket to. Maybe they are in on his cunning plan to.

If your going to resort to that kind of exaggeration then is there any point in continuing with this (I assume you mean invaded Russia)? The media are never too concerned with the facts of a matter - its the controversy they're into. Ferguson is being more restrained recently with his comments about referees. He ballsed up big time with his comments over Wiley and I personally and many others reckon his team are paying the price. He sees this and is going to take whatever punishment is thrown at him to put an end to it.

Or maybe he's just a thicko who has fluked all that success.

bingobus

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 28, 2009, 04:04:39 PM
Quote from: bingobus on October 28, 2009, 03:42:53 PM

If your going to resort to that kind of exaggeration then is there any point in continuing with this (I assume you mean invaded Russia)? The media are never too concerned with the facts of a matter - its the controversy they're into. Ferguson is being more restrained recently with his comments about referees. He ballsed up big time with his comments over Wiley and I personally and many others reckon his team are paying the price. He sees this and is going to take whatever punishment is thrown at him to put an end to it.

Or maybe he's just a thicko who has fluked all that success.

Well, invading Poland wasn't exactly a good start?

Do you still believe that the red card wasn't merited? I know Fergie plays all kind of mind games, has the media in his palm, plays other managers off each other and isn't actually bad either at putting a football team together. I never doubted or suggested he wasn't.

What I was saying is that Neville deserved a red card - Fergie, the media, other united fans I know - All agree.
You posted he didn't last night and are now tyring to cover your own tracks by inventing some shrewd cunning plan by Fergie. I suppose United will get a bagful of peno's now he has them all onside again.

DennistheMenace

Fergie saying it was a sending along with the majority of neutrals and the Man Utd 'fans' on here still think he didn't deserve it. and Fergie is somehow manipulating the situation. Classic.

magpie seanie

In order:

From Hitler's pov invading Poland wasn't a mistake. He kicked ass until he made the decision to go back on his agreement with Stalin and attack the Russians. We'd all be speaking German if he didn't do that.

I genuinely believe it wasn't a red card. Some people disagree with me and that's fine, they're perfectly entitled to.

Not saying United will get lots of freebies off refs but they are one group you don't want to be on the wrong side of.

Interesting that no-one commented on whether it was "intentional" and "typical of man" as the first poster on this issue said. Personally think that was the most outlandish speak on the issue, whether you agree with my opinion or not. Neville is certainly no angel but he's not a guy who'd go out to hurt anyone as suggested earlier in the thread.

DennistheMenace

Intentional yup I still believe he tried to hurt the Barnsley player on purpose, i.e momentum did not carry him through like he did on that tackle.

Neville as headbutted a player before, yeah but whatever you think I'm sure he wouldn't 'hurt anyone'..

His poo don't smell of roses and is a p***k of the highest order in my humble opinion.

Laughable you still don't think its a red card though.

bingobus

He may intentional hurt a scouser  ;D Bad week for him all round - pulled back onto into the dugout at anfield on sunday, pulled of the pitch during his warm down by the police and now pulled of by the ref on Wednesday night.

I think it was clear as day a sending off. We differ, the world keeps spinning and we'll have something else to disagree with soon enough, I'm sure.

Hitler was never go to stop, once he crossed the border, there was no turning back for him.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: EC Unique on October 28, 2009, 02:02:32 PM
Quote from: new devil on October 28, 2009, 01:05:21 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 28, 2009, 12:16:38 PM
First time posting on this Man Utd thread...A quote from Andy Goram's book...

SHARK'S eyes. Dead, devoid of emotion, glaring at me. No handshake.
Welcome to Manchester United. Roy Keane-style.
The man who saw himself as the heartbeat of the Reds was giving me a message.
He just looked right through me as the embarrassed Steve McClaren, the United No 2, tried to introduce the new on-loan keeper to his volcanic captain.
From that second I knew there was no point in me making an effort with Keane.
Roy had things he stood by, things that framed his life, beliefs he clung to with a burning intensity.

TELL-ALL ... The Goalie
Well, I had mine. What he did to me on that first morning at work at the most famous football club in the world didn't faze me.
It didn't send me scurrying into my shell. I just thought: "'F*** it. He's not going to stop me enjoying this."
He was a Celtic man, I was a Rangers man. He didn't like me. End of story.
Fair enough. After all, I'd done enough to make some Celtic fans dislike me in seven years at Ibrox.
There was to be no handshake. Ever.
The truth is we didn't exchange a civil word in the three months I was at Old Trafford. From day one we had arguments on the training pitch and didn't get on. It was serious stuff. He hated the sight of me.
However, I was 36 years old. I'd landed the move of my life in the twilight of my career. Was I going to let one man's sneering disdain for me wreck the experience? Forget it.
There were clashes between us. One day in training, we were playing a game of eight-a-side, and Keane and Luke Chadwick were up front for my team.
I always prided myself on the accuracy of my kicking, on being able to pick out a player from a distance, and that day I half-volleyed a peach right onto Chadwick's foot. The kid snatched at it and ballooned his volley over the bar.
Suddenly, I was the target of a volley of abuse from Keane.
"Hey you, give me the f*****g ball," he screamed.
I replied: "What, do you get the ball just cos you're Roy Keane? F*** off."
The atmosphere was icy from that moment on and on the way off the field Gary Neville collared me.
"Goalie," he said, "we don't talk to Roy like that down here. We just don't."
It was a telling insight for me. I respected Keane as a player, but I couldn't have that.
As far as I was concerned, the way he spoke to some of the players was bang out of order. Many of them were clearly s***-scared of him.
In some ways, it was daunting for me on that first day at United.

Makes Keano an even bigger legend..Goram the dirty f**ker who wore a black armband when billy wright was killed...Thats our Roy  ;)

QuoteRANGERS legend Andy Goram and disgraced former vice chairman Donald Findlay launched foul-mouthed sectarian tirades at a fans' bash in Northern Ireland.

The pair made jokes about the recent death of Pope John Paul II, the Vatican, Catholics and mocked Scotland's anti-bigotry campaign.

Findlay, 54, one of Scotland's best-known lawyers, spent 40 minutes delivering a routine littered with obscenities and jokes about nuns.

The QC told an audience of around 140 fans at the Larne Rangers Club: "It's very smoky in here tonight - has another f****** Pope died?"

Later, ex-Rangers and Scotland goalkeeper Goram got in on the act, labelling Catholics "F****** b**tards".

Around 140 fans forked out for pounds 22-a-head tickets for the sell-out bash.

The three special guests were given a heroes' welcome when they arrived at the club last Friday night. Sectarian anthems such as the Billy Boys, The Sash and Derry's Walls blasted out over the club sound system as they walked into a standing ovation.

After triumphant introductions, Findlay and Goram took the floor to entertain the fans.

After his remark about the recent death of Pope John Paul II, Findlay got rapturous applause as he launched into a vulgar joke about a nun.

He said: "There's been a lot of bad language used here tonight. But I'm not going to use those words. Instead, I prefer to use other words as substitutes for swear words

"For example, this nun was walking down the street and she had the biggest 'turnip' you've ever seen."

Findlay followed that up with jokes about a Catholic priest and also the Vatican - which are too rude to be published.

Next came a sideswipe at the Scottish Executive's anti-bigotry campaign. Grinning, the QC told the audience: "Andy Goram's just returned from an anti-bigotry event."

Goram smirked and raised his eyes as the audience roared with laughter.

First Minister Jack McConnell has been determined to stamp out bigotry, particularly in the west of Scotland, unveiling a range of initiatives to eradicate the problem. Findlay went on to regale the crowd with sex jokes and smutty language.

Former Rangers star Goram also caused a sensation when he picked up the microphone.

He soon had the audience in raptures with tales of an Old Firm penalty save at Parkhead. He said: "I'm face to face with the prospect of ending up hero or villain. When I saved it, I jumped and started celebrating and shouting. What you don't know, is that I was actually shouting: 'Get it up you, you dirty Fenian b**tards'."

Describing two failed marriages, Goram said: "I married two Catholics. But don't worry, I divorced the F****** b**tards.

"In fact, that reminds me of a story. When I signed for Rangers, I had five pieces of paper to sign before I was officially registered as a player. While I signed, my wife was asked which school she went to. I was panicking when she said St Thomas'. To make matters worse, she then started to rhyme off family names, such as Francis - while I tried desperately to sign the contracts as quickly as possible."

Goram went on to describe the Catholic-Protestant divide which existed in Rangers' dressing room.

After the speeches, the Rangers greats retired to their seats on stage.

The rest of the crowd then took to the dance floor, while a medley of Protestant anthems were played. Findlay and Henderson left shortly after closing time, while Goram remained, posing for pictures with fans.

The episode is the latest in a line of sectarian flashpoints involving Findlay and Goram. Six years ago, Findlay was filmed singing the Sash in the Rangers social club next to Ibrox.

He was later forced to resign and said the experience left him suicidal. In a reference to the scandal, he told a fan at the Larne Rangers Club: "I hope that's not a video camera you've got, because if it is, I'll ram it up your f****** arse." In 1998, Goram sparked controversy by wearing a black armband during an Old Firm game after the murder of Ulster terrorist Billy Wright. But he claimed it was in memory of his aunt - who died four months earlier.

Goram regularly travels to stay with pals in Belfast.

He wrote in his autobiography: "I often go to Northern Ireland to visit the supporters' clubs there. When you are among them you realise the depth of feeling they have for Rangers."

During one of his trips, he was pictured holding the UVF flag. He said after it was published: "That photograph was taken years ago and I didn't realise at the time what it was all about. It's only after my time at Rangers that I understood the implications. I'd never have done it had I known then. It was a mistake."

Rangers bosses say they have made strenous attempts to rid the club of extremist fans. In March, Gers supremo David Murray demanded fans stop chanting offensive slogans or face being booted out for life. He said: "We recognise there is a problem and we're working extremely hard to eradicate it from our game."

Even the most ani Keane people should applaud him for treating the sc**bag like he did!

A sc**bag treating a sc**bag like a sc**bag
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on October 28, 2009, 03:34:24 PM
Why did he question Marriners performance on Sunday then if he is trying to curry favour?  Answers on a postcard..........

Thats what I was thinking...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magpie seanie

Quote from: bingobus on October 28, 2009, 04:40:28 PM
He may intentional hurt a scouser  ;D Bad week for him all round - pulled back onto into the dugout at anfield on sunday, pulled of the pitch during his warm down by the police and now pulled of by the ref on Wednesday night.

I think it was clear as day a sending off. We differ, the world keeps spinning and we'll have something else to disagree with soon enough, I'm sure.

Hitler was never go to stop, once he crossed the border, there was no turning back for him.

Exactly and fair enough. We disagree and thankfully we can do so without resorting to insults.

Hitler was never going to stop but shouldn't have bitten off more than he could chew at any one time. Glad he did mind you!

bingobus

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 28, 2009, 05:05:56 PM
Quote from: bingobus on October 28, 2009, 04:40:28 PM

Exactly and fair enough. We disagree and thankfully we can do so without resorting to insults.

Hitler was never going to stop but shouldn't have bitten off more than he could chew at any one time. Glad he did mind you!

Ich Bin happy  ;D Hitler a bit like Fegie...went a bit too far but as you say he may have pulled back in time.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: DennistheMenace on October 28, 2009, 04:27:42 PM
Fergie saying it was a sending along with the majority of neutrals and the Man Utd 'fans' on here still think he didn't deserve it. and Fergie is somehow manipulating the situation. Classic.

You couldn't make it up  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Leo

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 28, 2009, 04:53:36 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 28, 2009, 02:02:32 PM
Quote from: new devil on October 28, 2009, 01:05:21 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 28, 2009, 12:16:38 PM
First time posting on this Man Utd thread...A quote from Andy Goram's book...

SHARK'S eyes. Dead, devoid of emotion, glaring at me. No handshake.
Welcome to Manchester United. Roy Keane-style.
The man who saw himself as the heartbeat of the Reds was giving me a message.
He just looked right through me as the embarrassed Steve McClaren, the United No 2, tried to introduce the new on-loan keeper to his volcanic captain.
From that second I knew there was no point in me making an effort with Keane.
Roy had things he stood by, things that framed his life, beliefs he clung to with a burning intensity.

TELL-ALL ... The Goalie
Well, I had mine. What he did to me on that first morning at work at the most famous football club in the world didn't faze me.
It didn't send me scurrying into my shell. I just thought: "'F*** it. He's not going to stop me enjoying this."
He was a Celtic man, I was a Rangers man. He didn't like me. End of story.
Fair enough. After all, I'd done enough to make some Celtic fans dislike me in seven years at Ibrox.
There was to be no handshake. Ever.
The truth is we didn't exchange a civil word in the three months I was at Old Trafford. From day one we had arguments on the training pitch and didn't get on. It was serious stuff. He hated the sight of me.
However, I was 36 years old. I'd landed the move of my life in the twilight of my career. Was I going to let one man's sneering disdain for me wreck the experience? Forget it.
There were clashes between us. One day in training, we were playing a game of eight-a-side, and Keane and Luke Chadwick were up front for my team.
I always prided myself on the accuracy of my kicking, on being able to pick out a player from a distance, and that day I half-volleyed a peach right onto Chadwick's foot. The kid snatched at it and ballooned his volley over the bar.
Suddenly, I was the target of a volley of abuse from Keane.
"Hey you, give me the f*****g ball," he screamed.
I replied: "What, do you get the ball just cos you're Roy Keane? F*** off."
The atmosphere was icy from that moment on and on the way off the field Gary Neville collared me.
"Goalie," he said, "we don't talk to Roy like that down here. We just don't."
It was a telling insight for me. I respected Keane as a player, but I couldn't have that.
As far as I was concerned, the way he spoke to some of the players was bang out of order. Many of them were clearly s***-scared of him.
In some ways, it was daunting for me on that first day at United.

Makes Keano an even bigger legend..Goram the dirty f**ker who wore a black armband when billy wright was killed...Thats our Roy  ;)

QuoteRANGERS legend Andy Goram and disgraced former vice chairman Donald Findlay launched foul-mouthed sectarian tirades at a fans' bash in Northern Ireland.

The pair made jokes about the recent death of Pope John Paul II, the Vatican, Catholics and mocked Scotland's anti-bigotry campaign.

Findlay, 54, one of Scotland's best-known lawyers, spent 40 minutes delivering a routine littered with obscenities and jokes about nuns.

The QC told an audience of around 140 fans at the Larne Rangers Club: "It's very smoky in here tonight - has another f****** Pope died?"

Later, ex-Rangers and Scotland goalkeeper Goram got in on the act, labelling Catholics "F****** b**tards".

Around 140 fans forked out for pounds 22-a-head tickets for the sell-out bash.

The three special guests were given a heroes' welcome when they arrived at the club last Friday night. Sectarian anthems such as the Billy Boys, The Sash and Derry's Walls blasted out over the club sound system as they walked into a standing ovation.

After triumphant introductions, Findlay and Goram took the floor to entertain the fans.

After his remark about the recent death of Pope John Paul II, Findlay got rapturous applause as he launched into a vulgar joke about a nun.

He said: "There's been a lot of bad language used here tonight. But I'm not going to use those words. Instead, I prefer to use other words as substitutes for swear words

"For example, this nun was walking down the street and she had the biggest 'turnip' you've ever seen."

Findlay followed that up with jokes about a Catholic priest and also the Vatican - which are too rude to be published.

Next came a sideswipe at the Scottish Executive's anti-bigotry campaign. Grinning, the QC told the audience: "Andy Goram's just returned from an anti-bigotry event."

Goram smirked and raised his eyes as the audience roared with laughter.

First Minister Jack McConnell has been determined to stamp out bigotry, particularly in the west of Scotland, unveiling a range of initiatives to eradicate the problem. Findlay went on to regale the crowd with sex jokes and smutty language.

Former Rangers star Goram also caused a sensation when he picked up the microphone.

He soon had the audience in raptures with tales of an Old Firm penalty save at Parkhead. He said: "I'm face to face with the prospect of ending up hero or villain. When I saved it, I jumped and started celebrating and shouting. What you don't know, is that I was actually shouting: 'Get it up you, you dirty Fenian b**tards'."

Describing two failed marriages, Goram said: "I married two Catholics. But don't worry, I divorced the F****** b**tards.

"In fact, that reminds me of a story. When I signed for Rangers, I had five pieces of paper to sign before I was officially registered as a player. While I signed, my wife was asked which school she went to. I was panicking when she said St Thomas'. To make matters worse, she then started to rhyme off family names, such as Francis - while I tried desperately to sign the contracts as quickly as possible."

Goram went on to describe the Catholic-Protestant divide which existed in Rangers' dressing room.

After the speeches, the Rangers greats retired to their seats on stage.

The rest of the crowd then took to the dance floor, while a medley of Protestant anthems were played. Findlay and Henderson left shortly after closing time, while Goram remained, posing for pictures with fans.

The episode is the latest in a line of sectarian flashpoints involving Findlay and Goram. Six years ago, Findlay was filmed singing the Sash in the Rangers social club next to Ibrox.

He was later forced to resign and said the experience left him suicidal. In a reference to the scandal, he told a fan at the Larne Rangers Club: "I hope that's not a video camera you've got, because if it is, I'll ram it up your f****** arse." In 1998, Goram sparked controversy by wearing a black armband during an Old Firm game after the murder of Ulster terrorist Billy Wright. But he claimed it was in memory of his aunt - who died four months earlier.

Goram regularly travels to stay with pals in Belfast.

He wrote in his autobiography: "I often go to Northern Ireland to visit the supporters' clubs there. When you are among them you realise the depth of feeling they have for Rangers."

During one of his trips, he was pictured holding the UVF flag. He said after it was published: "That photograph was taken years ago and I didn't realise at the time what it was all about. It's only after my time at Rangers that I understood the implications. I'd never have done it had I known then. It was a mistake."

Rangers bosses say they have made strenous attempts to rid the club of extremist fans. In March, Gers supremo David Murray demanded fans stop chanting offensive slogans or face being booted out for life. He said: "We recognise there is a problem and we're working extremely hard to eradicate it from our game."

Even the most ani Keane people should applaud him for treating the sc**bag like he did!

A sc**bag treating a sc**bag like a sc**bag

Having read some of those "jokes" I've heard worse in my local GAA cluib bar and if Tommy Tiernan came out with them, well, what a laugh!!!
Fierce tame altogether