Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

I'd only one eye on it but was pretty bad, Rooney VERY lucky not to walk too.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 19, 2009, 09:44:13 PM
I'd only one eye on it but was pretty bad, Rooney VERY lucky not to walk too.

Aye,the traveller breed in him shone through again
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mountainboii

Shite. Was one of those nights that it just wouldn't go in. Near 70% of the possession, 13 shots, 13 corners, missing a penalty, Burnley keeper getting man of the match  :-\

Maybe this, and the struggle to get over Birmingham, will convince Fergie that the squad at present just won't cut it. One goal in 180 odd minutes against two promoted sides is not good enough.

Eastern_Pride

The best result in Burnley's history.....(not.)
But seriously what a game Burnley are heros that keeper is unreal! I n all fairness theyre no good but they have the heart to go far!
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 19, 2009, 09:47:44 PM
But seriously what a game Burnley are heros that keeper is unreal! I n all fairness theyre no good but they have the heart to go far!

They would have won 4-1 if Ronaldo had been playing.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 19, 2009, 09:50:34 PM

I hope you know you basically quoted me from he Chelsea thread you tit.

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 19, 2009, 09:55:22 PM

Do I get karma if I knew ?

Carmen Stateside

Seen Rooneys challenge, he should have walked for it!  Ronaldo would have made hay out there tonight against Burnley!

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 19, 2009, 09:56:05 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 19, 2009, 09:55:22 PM

Do I get karma if I knew ?
i really don't care.

stew

So  much for my prediction of a 5-1 Burnley loss, well done Burnley.

United dominated and could have scored five but a missed penalty and some great goalkeeping kept them at bay. United were very poor tonight in their passing and they seemed to take an extra pass or two around the box, they miss the predator that was Ronaldo, he would have found a way to eke out a win against a team like this.

United were all at sea at the back at times, they missed Vidic and Ferdinand obviously and Brown got roasted. Park is useless at this level, industry is great but he is at best a championship level player who couldnt keep his feet.

Chelsea in a canter this year league wise with City second, hopefully my prediction is as close as the one I made on this result. :-[ :-[

One last thing, Rooney should have been sent off, what the hell was that?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Archie Mitchell

And Tevez. Though he's busy playing at the Nou Camp tonight  ;)

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 19, 2009, 10:12:42 PM

Is that link working for everyone else? Score?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 19, 2009, 10:15:40 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 19, 2009, 10:12:42 PM

Is that link working for everyone else? Score?

Yeah, working for me. Only works in the UK I think though. City 1-0 up at half time. Petrov with a goal on the counter attack.

http://live.mcfc.co.uk/

stiffler

Sir Alex Ferguson could quit the club before the end of the month as a result of more broken promises by the club's American owners.

Tired of taking on the club's owners over previous broken promises, it has been suggested to us that the manager could quit on or around August 26th which would mean his last game could be the clash against Wigan at the DW Stadium on Saturday 22nd.

A resignation on the 26th would mean the news would be on the back pages of every newspaper in Europe on the morning of 27th and read by hundreds of journalists, football managers and executives who will be on flights to Monaco for the Champions League draw.

Ferguson finds himself in an untenable position having allegedly been prevented from pushing through a deal for Franc Ribery and other major European targets as a result of the club's owners not handing over promised funds. Even a deal for Dean Windass is said to have been blocked by the owners.

It has been suggested that Ferguson would prefer to walk now - opposed to later in the season - to give someone else a chance to do as much as they can, out of respect for the club and fans and also to preserve his reputation. Journalists are already circling above him predicting a finish outside the top four after Michael Owen once again fluffed his lines against Burnley and he's fully aware of this.

Numerous reports across Europe today state that Mr Ferguson is unhappy with the figures told he has left to spend this summer.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

David McKeown

I reckon this years league will be won with one of the lowest point totals ever.  I would expect Chelsea to take it but with the African Cup of nations next year I could see them struggling for a month or so.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner