Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenmoresider

Update the thread title, you can almost hear the fat lady now.

Thank fcuk for that.

Square Ball

so, good old Bruce draws at the bridge, will Sparky lay down for the reds? Will Bruce lay down for the last game if needed? To be continued..................
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Gold

its over now--Brucey loved it as much as his 2 goals back in the Inaugral Premier League Days v the Owls!!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

In fairness Man United have been the most determined side over the course the season, have fantastic belief and will nearly always give 20 - 30 minutes of breath taking football to watch per game. Don't believe they have the best squad, that is Chelsea imho but they were lucky/good player management in that they didn't lose any of their key players for long periods ala Terry, Lampard, RVP or Eduardo or were affected by the ANC. Anyhow deserved champions, I hope Barca win the Champions League but of the English teams remaining would sooner Man U won it because of the football they play compared the long ball/physical styles of Chelsea and Liverpool....

Now, off to wash myself.....
#newbridgeornowhere

nrico2006

Scholes is not back long from injury, and at his age it is going to take a while longer to get back to his best.  If a player has a bad game or two is he suddenly finished because he is 33 odd - he was brilliant against Roma in the first leg.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

wherefromreferee?

Without stating the obvious, it's not over yet.  Another draw against Everton on THurs night, and then is time for the fat doll to clear the airways  :D
In your Endo!

nrico2006

Yeah, the Blackburn and West Ham games aren't forgone conclusions but Everton are a good side who still harbour ambitions of clinching 4th, so hopefully they can do us a favour.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Square Ball

I see the Express is reporting that Arsenal and Chelsea turned down the chance to sign Ronaldo before he joined United!!  Gutted
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

magpie seanie

QuoteI see the Express is reporting that Arsenal and Chelsea turned down the chance to sign Ronaldo before he joined United!!  Gutted

Possibly BS as Uniteds links with Sporting Lisbon always meant that they were likely to get him.

Well done Stevie Bruce last night!

Uladh

BRUCE GOT FERGIE HELP
Posted 15/04/08 09:14EmailPrintSave

Steve Bruce has revealed that Sir Alex Ferguson called him twice ahead of Wigan's clash with Chelsea to offer encouragement and advice.

The Latics boss has revealed that Ferguson has only called him four times since he took over at Wigan - twice before the Arsenal game and twice before this week's Chelsea clash.

Bruce has certainly been an ally of Ferguson's this season as his Wigan side drew first with Arsenal 0-0 and then rescued a point with a late Emile HEskey goal at Stamford Bridge on Monday night.

"Sir Alex has phoned me twice before this game and twice before Arsenal.He hasn't phoned me any other time during the season. Four times!" said Bruce.

"I have had a few calls from friends in Manchester but I am more pleased for us getting a point. The United players will be pleased but they know it's not over yet."

It's almost over because Chelsea are now five points behind United but Avram Grant insists: "Of course the players still believe. Anyway we need to win against Everton, against United and we need them to have a bad result. So nothing much changes."

That's not on, surely?  :D

EC Unique

;D ;D

Ferdinand agrees new Man Utd deal 

Ferdinand has captained United superbly this season

Rio Ferdinand has agreed a new five-year contract with Manchester United, according to his agent.

The 29-year-old's representative, Pini Zahavi, told the Daily Express: "Rio is very happy there, he wanted to stay at United and they wanted him to stay.

"Of course he could have gone to another club, but he did not want to."

Zahavi added that he thought the deal, which is believed to be worth £130,000 a week, will not be the defender's last at Old Trafford.

He feels Ferdinand can continue playing into his next decade and surpass the remarkable achievement of Italy and AC Milan legend Paolo Maldini, who is still playing at the highest level, aged 39.

"I believe he can play longer than Maldini - and they believe so at Manchester United as well," said Zahavi.

Ferdinand has two years remaining on his current contract and talks over an extension had been planned for the summer.

However, it seems those negotiations have been brought forward and reports suggest Ferdinand now needs only to sign the new agreement.

Signed from Leeds for a British record £30m in 2002, Ferdinand has become the key figure in United's defence and has formed an excellent partnership this season with Nemanja Vidic.

slow corner back

Ferdinands a good player but I would be vary wary of any information coming from Zahawi. He was the guy helped organise a dinner/meeting for ferdinand with Peter Kenyon/Chelsea the last time Ferdinand was negotiating a contract. He has done a lot of deals with Chelsea in the past and is a close friend of Abramovichs allegedly

magpie seanie

Zahavi seems to be a total p***k alright but thats soccer agents for you. He a rich guy for doing feck all, p***k or not.