Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: EC Unique on April 03, 2008, 09:45:30 AM
Nice to be in a great position to go through to the semi's with the other Premiership teams far from safe ;D ;D ;D

It served youse well last year in a similar position.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

United did qualify for the semi final last year?

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 03, 2008, 09:49:54 AM
United did qualify for the semi final last year?

I know they did but this has a similar sound to it, thumping Roma and preparing to play an out of form European heavyweight........Lets hope for a similar outcome.

AZOffaly

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

nrico2006

QuoteI know they did but this has a similar sound to it, thumping Roma and preparing to play an out of form European heavyweight........Lets hope for a similar outcome.

A bit different from last year as United were unfortunate to lose Neville, Ferdinand and Vidic for the Milan game.  A makeshift back 4 that had probably never played together were all over the place.  Be some fun to see how Liverpool would fare if Stevie G ever missed a period through injury. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

I can never understand that argument nrico. If Gerrard and/or Torres was missing, Liverpool would be really struggling, but sure you could say the same vis a vis Rooney and/or Ronaldo, Drogba and/or Lampard, Adebeyor and/or Fabergas. Of course teams would struggle missing their best players. What does that prove?

Square Ball

Vidic is out for 2 to 3 weeks, Brown to partner Rio and if Neville is able JO'S to deputise?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

nrico2006

Im just pointing out that last years tie against Milan was spoilt for United as they were hit badly by injuries.  It made Milan look the superior side, which obviously you will agree they were. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 03, 2008, 01:58:36 PM
Im just pointing out that last years tie against Milan was spoilt for United as they were hit badly by injuries.  It made Milan look the superior side, which obviously you will agree they were. 

Maybe in the future we should postpone the games when Man Utd have any key injuries......Something to think about.

nrico2006

Ha.  A bit unnecessary but I suppose I'm just being a bad loser.

magpie seanie

I think its a valid point that United would have performed better in the second leg if they had their normal back four and tat it was unfortunate to lose them for the most important game of the year. If any team was missing 3 of their back 4 at this stage of the tournament it would be hard to see them winning. Imagine Liverpool the next night without Hyppia, Skertl and Caragher.

Minders last comment there was pretty juvenile.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 03, 2008, 02:49:00 PM
I think its a valid point that United would have performed better in the second leg if they had their normal back four and tat it was unfortunate to lose them for the most important game of the year. If any team was missing 3 of their back 4 at this stage of the tournament it would be hard to see them winning. Imagine Liverpool the next night without Hyppia, Skertl and Caragher.

Minders last comment there was pretty juvenile.

I apologise profusely.

new devil

It looked like they didnt have a back 4 at Old Trafford 2 weeks ago!!!!

nrico2006

Anybody see the Ronaldo documentary oafter the match the other night - very good.  Some of the tricks it showed him performing for both United and Portugal were unreal.  Did you see his mess about kickups, amazing!