Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I think he tows the party line on Sky. They all say the same thing, always.

On RTE I think he feels a bit more 'off the leash'.

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

magpie seanie

I'm the first to criticise Fergie and Queiroz' away tactics in Europe most of the time so they deserve praise for getting it spot on last night. From the early stages where they quietened the crowd by playing keep ball to the reorganisation and subsequent change of formation after Vidic departing they had a good night. Thought Rio was outstanding and is really playing well. Fair play to him for getting his act together even if it did take a while and several kicks in the posterior. Rooney is just a joy to watch too. Ronaldo is still improving and the header was spectacular. Loved Fergies comment about it. I'd say there's wild craic going on between him and Ronaldo over their bets. The fact that Ronaldo is closing in on Fergies personal record of 45 goals in a season is bound to be causing a bit of banter. Carrick is doing a great job too. 2-0 is a very good position and United should manage to see it through from here.

The injury to Vidic is a worry. Hopefully he's ok. JOS did excellently at centre back last night and showed despite what the critics say that he has a considerable value to United.

orangeman

The best Man Utd squad ever is how Ferguson described them earlier in the season - I do believe he's right !

full back

Quote from: orangeman on April 02, 2008, 01:12:31 PM
The best Man Utd squad ever is how Ferguson described them earlier in the season - I do believe he's right !

Bit premature saying that yet orangeman

nrico2006

I wouldn't say its premature.  This is a very strong squad, and it is also a very young one.  This team will hopefully improve even more in the next year or two.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

full back

Its premature in that IMHO to be called the best you have to be the most successful & this team have a way to go yet

orangeman

Quote from: full back on April 02, 2008, 01:14:31 PM
Quote from: orangeman on April 02, 2008, 01:12:31 PM

Bit premature saying that yet orangeman

To be the best, they don't necessarily have to the most successful - what Ferguson was saying, was that they are the srtongest, most talented sqaud ever assembled - I agree with this assertion. They may not win the Champions league but they have the talent and strength to do so.

full back

Fair enough orangeman - I was pointing out that you said they were the best Utd squad ever and IMHO to be called the 'best' you should be successful on the big stage

stiffler

The Champions League is united's to loose this year. They have the beating of Barcelona over 2 legs, and going on form, you would fancy them to push aside either Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal pretty comfortably.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

AZOffaly

Quote from: stiffler on April 02, 2008, 05:48:13 PM
The Champions League is united's to loose this year. They have the beating of Barcelona over 2 legs, and going on form, you would fancy them to push aside either Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal pretty comfortably.

hmmm. I think United are the best team left in it, but I'm not sure about 'comfortably'.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

From the Bunker

Quote from: Minder on April 02, 2008, 10:25:38 PM
Lets hope the two lads have learnt their lesson......

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3376510,00.html

Of course Alex is advising the official of how the game should be Controlled. Thank god he did not stoop to Mascharinos Level!  ;)

EC Unique

Nice to be in a great position to go through to the semi's with the other Premiership teams far from safe ;D ;D ;D

AZOffaly

He is not advising him of anything. He's just telling him how much he 'respects' him.