Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Goats Do Shave

Scholsey's screamer....

Goal of the season?

laoislad

Not a chance it was good but not that good Yer man from Portsmouth Taylor i think? that was far better

never kickt a ball

Quote from: laoislad on December 23, 2006, 06:39:04 PM
Watched United game today,have to admit they were excellent in second half
Scholes Goal was class
Just a question to you Man United fans
Pick one?
Champions League 2007 or
Premiership 2007

Both Laoislad??

laoislad

Both Laoislad??
Well of course both D'oh. I was asking which ye would prefer

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: laoislad on December 23, 2006, 08:01:41 PM
Not a chance it was good but not that good Yer man from Portsmouth Taylor i think? that was far better

Not a chance eh? Ha ha ha!!!

Taylor's was quality, but it's harder to hit the ball clean from a volley, as opposed to a half volley!

Your enjoying this UTD thread! - Answer to that other Q... I'd rather win the league this year. Then win the Champs league next year - it means more to win the Champs League when you are current Domestic Champs!

Still it's been 16 years since the 'pool has won the league, so we all know what your choice would be too!!  ;D

laoislad

"Still it's been 16 years since the 'pool has won the league, so we all know what your choice would be too!!  "

Id be quite happy with a Sixth...Yes that was SIXTH European Champions title

Farrandeelin

Still motoring along, Ronnie must've played well when he came on at half time. I listened to the first half on the radio and it seemed like the West Ham game all over again. Anyway for a change Chelsea were the team to  drop points today. Hopefully United can stay on top. It's proving to be a very interesting season to say the least. To answer your question laoislad, the fact that United only have 2 European Cups is kind of embarrassing for a club that has qualified for the past 13/14 years. I'd take the league as well to narrow the gap with Liverpool. It's hard to give an answer to it but I'd take the league this season. (We weren't supposed to be near the top according to a lot of people)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Square Ball

watched the game live and again O'Shea, Fletcher, Park and Richardson showed that they are average players and not up to the standard required. we are still short in the squad and will need to strenghten when the window opens, seems to be 50/50 on the Hargreeves front and the Torres deal must be a non runner with Larsson arriving, wonder where this leaves smith?

Norf Tyrone

I have been suggesting all year that Chelsea's squad is too light in crucial places, and it's coming home to hurt at the moment.

We are laden in the middle of the field with Maka, Essien, Ballack, Lampard, Obi Mikel, and Diarra. Options on the wing include JC, Robben, Phillips and Kalou. At fullback we have Cole, Bridge, Ferreira, Boulha and Geremi.

However we are light in two crucial areas, centre half, and strikers, with only two natural players for each. JT, and Carvalho in defence have no natural cover, and in attack the fantastic Drogba and the out of sorts Sheva have no replacements.

The word is that JT is out for the season, add in injuries to Cech, Cudicini, Joe Cole, and Robben, we are light. A 19 man squad of out field players is all we posess at present. Of course this was Jose's chocie to have a smaller unit, hence the unity, sometimes the risk doesn't always work though.

A new centre back in January required me thinks.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

TacadoirArdMhacha

I'd definately prefer to win the Premiership this year than the CL, though both would be nice. It devalues winning the CL if you aren't Premiership champions as well. Liverpool won the CL in 05 but how can anybody really claim that they were the best team in Europe when they only finished 5th in England? And to paraphrase what Fergie said about Liverpool in the 90s, we need to knock Mourinho and Chelsea right off their f**king perch.

Hopefully Larsson will do well though its a real 'Glazer' signing and short term contracts for strikers in their mid 30s isn't exactly planning for the future. If United get Hargreaves and can get a point at Stamford Bridge, I think they've a great chance of winning the league. If that happens I'd say Fergie might well walk away.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Aristotle Flynn

How did you watch it live Square Ball?
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

Square Ball

resdubwhite

were'nt united runners up in 98 and won cl in 99.

Made not a blind bit of difference to me that night. a CL is a CL.

If anything though. The dippers only have three cl's that they won. You'd hardly count a penalty shootout would you.

laoislad

If anything though. The dippers only have three cl's that they won. You'd hardly count a penalty shootout would you.

Sure i suppose Italy don't count themselves World Champions so........Get Real dude a penalty shootout is just as much part of the game than any of the 90mins or extra time thats played