Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

Watching Newcastle tonight versus Manchester United last night and its like night and day in terms of pure passion and workrate. Newcastle players are certainly no better individually than some of the man united players but they have a hard working system and they stick to it

AustinPowers

What's going on with McTominay?  He's far from   world class , but he at least gets stuck in. 

He's got 6 goals for Scotland in qualifying already ,  and by all accounts is playing well for them , so Clarke is obviously getting the best from him. Yet he can't  get any time for United. Bizarre

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: AustinPowers on October 04, 2023, 10:04:15 PMWhat's going on with McTominay?  He's far from  world class , but he at least gets stuck in

He's got 6 goals for Scotland in qualifying already ,  and by all accounts is playing well for them , so Clarke is obviously getting the best from him. Yet he can't  get any time for United. Bizarre

He really, really does not. He's quite lazy, very slow, and has a desperate first touch for a midfielder.

He's never been good enough for a top PL side, and he's definitely not the solution right now. A freak run of goals for his national side doesn't change that. He had a whole one international goal prior to March - he's revert to that mean soon enough.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

trailer

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on October 04, 2023, 10:34:42 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on October 04, 2023, 10:04:15 PMWhat's going on with McTominay?  He's far from  world class , but he at least gets stuck in

He really, really does not. He's quite lazy, very slow, and has a desperate first touch for a midfielder.

He's never been good enough for a top PL side, and he's definitely not the solution right now. A freak run of goals for his national side doesn't change that. He had a whole one international goal prior to March - he's revert to that mean soon enough.

Yeah he's terrible and EtH at least recognised that and banished him and Fred. OGS kept playing them and it cost him his job.

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on October 05, 2023, 08:38:16 AM

Yeah he's terrible and EtH at least recognised that and banished him and Fred. OGS kept playing them and it cost him his job.
Barcelona game last year Fred was unreal. Casemiro and Varane are class but both on the wrong side of 30

trailer

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 05, 2023, 09:22:00 AM
Quote from: trailer on October 05, 2023, 08:38:16 AM

Barcelona game last year Fred was unreal. Casemiro and Varane are class but both on the wrong side of 30

One Swallow does not a summer make. Fred gives the ball away time and again. What did Mourinho say? "Look where they play now.... IF they play"

Cunny Funt

Alex's Ferguson's wife Cathy Ferguson has died aged 84, met in 1964 and married in 1966. What Alex said when he retired from Man United.  'My wife Cathy has been the key figure throughout my career, providing a bedrock of both stability and encouragement. Words are not enough to express what this has meant to me.'   RIP

statto

Quote from: Nanderson on October 04, 2023, 09:57:21 PMWatching Newcastle tonight versus Manchester United last night and its like night and day in terms of pure passion and workrate. Newcastle players are certainly no better individually than some of the man united players but they have a hard working system and they stick to it

Nail on head with this.  Would Dan Burn, Longstaff, Schar, Almiron, Gordon be guaranteed starters for United?

jcpen

Quote from: statto on October 06, 2023, 04:57:41 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on October 04, 2023, 09:57:21 PMWatching Newcastle tonight versus Manchester United last night and its like night and day in terms of pure passion and workrate. Newcastle players are certainly no better individually than some of the man united players but they have a hard working system and they stick to it

Nail on head with this.  Would Dan Burn, Longstaff, Schar, Almiron, Gordon be guaranteed starters for United?
Not many of the Man United first 11 would be guaranteed starters for Newcastle United either.
NEUTRAL

Armagh18

Quote from: statto on October 06, 2023, 04:57:41 PM

They would add some much needed balls to that United team. Ability is there with all of them but attitude stinks.

J70

Been watching the Beckham doc on Netflix.

f**k me the English press and public really put the lad through the ringer following France 98! I'd forgotten Hoddle's pathetic failure to stand up for him at the time. I know part of the backlash came from the high profile celeb image he had been pursuing prior to the competition, but I was almost rooting for him in the footage of the two late corners in Barcelona the following year!

Maybe I'm mellowing in me auld age.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 06, 2023, 04:28:23 PM

Alex's Ferguson's wife Cathy Ferguson has died aged 84, met in 1964 and married in 1966. What Alex said when he retired from Man United.  'My wife Cathy has been the key figure throughout my career, providing a bedrock of both stability and encouragement. Words are not enough to express what this has meant to me.'   RIP

Ferguson got in a lot of bother at Rangers for marrying a Catholic.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Premier Emperor on October 06, 2023, 07:21:47 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 06, 2023, 04:28:23 PM

Ferguson got in a lot of bother at Rangers for marrying a Catholic.

According to his recent documentary,  he said his mother was catholic, father Protestant.  They were brought up Protestant  though because their  father thought they'd have better opportunities  as Protestants.

RANgers lost heavily in a cup final to Celtic  , and Ferguson maintained  he seemed to unfairly take a lot of the blame for it ,  because he married a catholic. After that he was frozen out  , before leaving 

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

quit yo jibbajabba

Bump

Also - few cracks being papered over with this one no doubt