Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Might swerve this and Loserpool thread for a while..

Itchy

United were so shit that even Nunez scored a few ;D

Captain Scarlet

I find Bruno Fernandes to be a horrible p***k and not in a good Martinez way. Like he was horrendous today and showed zero leadership. Shaw should have been hauled ashore early too.

Was there something up with Casimero in terms of a knock? It really showed up how thin United's squad is and also how much Salah can do for his team when he is on it.

It kinda showed up the need for the summer clear-out and who is needed.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

rodney trotter

Fernandes done well to avoid red for barging into the linesman. Diarmuid Connolly esque

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 05, 2023, 06:48:36 PM
Cry me a river, a multi-billion club, not playing in the Champions League and complaining about fixtures!
Don't let factual information water your eyes.

It's a club in debt with leeches of owners in charge. Needed replacements for Ronaldo who took his ball and went home and Eriksen who got injured plus other additions was needed. Replacements for those two was a lads brought in on loan one a sub in the German league the other was playing Turkish league. Not the type of business any well run club would do.

United are the only team involved in 4 competitions in case you hadn't noticed and If in the Champions league there would be no play off round before the round of 16. Those two games against Barcelona was especially draining on top of what was already a very hectic fixture schedule.

Quote from: gawa316 on March 05, 2023, 10:06:08 PM
4 competitions  ;D ;D ;D

Not sure what was humorous but yes four. League Cup just won, Europa league, FA Cup and Premier league with a task on their hands to finish 4th with a fatigued first choice 11.

Quote from: screenexile on March 05, 2023, 10:08:15 PM
Is every team in Europe not involved in 4 competitions??

Going into the Barcelona games United was i believe the only side in Europe that was still involved in four competitions.

gawa316

screenexile

Is every team in Europe not involved in 4 competitions??

rodney trotter

Lots of European countries only have 1 domestic Cup competition. Germany, Italy to name a few.

United have had a.good.run in the 2.English Cups ,but they played mostly weak teams at home in both League Cup and Fa Cup. Fulham at home in quarters of fa cup . They are going well in league but you'd expect United to reach semis.

Blowitupref

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 05, 2023, 10:26:11 PM
Lots of European countries only have 1 domestic Cup competition. Germany, Italy to name a few.

United have had a.good.run in the 2.English Cups ,but they played mostly weak teams at home in both League Cup and Fa Cup. Fulham at home in quarters of fa cup . They are going well in league but you'd expect United to reach semis.

Plenty of so called weak teams have knocked United out of cup competitions in the last few seasons. Depends how they react to that heavy defeat to today but either way it wouldn't be a surprise to see Fulham who's going well reach the semi finals.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

stiffler

Abysmal from Utd today, false dawn under ten hag so far. Hard to see this squad having the bottle to challenge for the title when they crumble at the first sign of adversity today.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

From the Bunker

Quote from: stiffler on March 05, 2023, 10:47:54 PM
Abysmal from Utd today, false dawn under ten hag so far. Hard to see this squad having the bottle to challenge for the title when they crumble at the first sign of adversity today.

Ah, it's only one league game. Utd learned today that competing on different fronts is physically and mentally draining. When you are a big club that part of the itinerary.   It was a humiliation, but outside that  Utd were never going to win the League. 

ONeill

These things happen to teams on a good run. When it collapses, it does spectacularly. Utd will regroup and learn an awful lot from this. If they were to play again tomorrow, I'd back Utd.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stiffler

I'm not sure, the likes of Bruno and Antony have weak mentalities and that can simmer through the team. I'd imagine ETH will move bruno on at the earliest opportunity.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ONeill

Yeah he'll undoubtedly have made mental notes toward the end but that happens to most teams. He'll clean out those he thinks are suspect. Antony has a raw talent. Bruno does a lot of good.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GiveItToTheShooters

Cry more manc bastards