Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: stiffler on October 19, 2022, 10:58:33 PM
Ronaldo taking the shine off what was a good night for Utd.

How ETH deals with this situation will lay down a marker for his Utd career.

He has already dealt with the Ronaldo situation well, i.e. by basically benching him after the summer drama. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

referee

I think ETH knows Ronaldo isn't in his strongest team,that's why when we play the other top 6 teams he's on the bench,doesn't trust him

Cunny Funt

Ten Hag said last night he'll deal with Ronaldo tomorrow. Today's he's axed from the squad to face Chelsea.

Ten Hag is no nonsense character and its time that Ronaldo at near 40 realises he's a squad player and not a regular starter anymore.

J70

Have to say I'm impressed with Ten Haag so far.

Hope it doesn't last. :)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: J70 on October 20, 2022, 07:55:03 PM
Have to say I'm impressed with Ten Haag so far.

Hope it doesn't last. :)

Has shown some serious balls with Ronaldo. He is the type of manager may get them back to the upper levels consistently if they get the squad right. Work to do but they are moving in the right way

HiMucker

Look at what Zlatan has done at Milan. Didn't have to be playing all the time, massive positive influence on the team and still is even thoguh he's out injured. Ronaldo could have easily been that and more, but no it had to be all about him. One of the all time greats no doubt, but the personal glory seems far more important to him than anything else.

From the Bunker

Quote from: HiMucker on October 20, 2022, 10:23:35 PM
Look at what Zlatan has done at Milan. Didn't have to be playing all the time, massive positive influence on the team and still is even thoguh he's out injured. Ronaldo could have easily been that and more, but no it had to be all about him. One of the all time greats no doubt, but the personal glory seems far more important to him than anything else.

Zlatan is 41. Three years ago he was playing for LA Galaxy in the professional footballers graveyard called the MLS. He realises he is in bonus territory at this stage with Milan.

Ronaldo is 37. You'd be thinking his not in the bonus territory mindset.

HiMucker

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 20, 2022, 10:33:51 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on October 20, 2022, 10:23:35 PM

Zlatan is 41. Three years ago he was playing for LA Galaxy in the professional footballers graveyard called the MLS. He realises he is in bonus territory at this stage with Milan.

Ronaldo is 37. You'd be thinking his not in the bonus territory mindset.
He's not in the appearance bonus territory anyway thats for sure  :D

Maroon Manc

Poor from Ronaldo but blame Joel Glazer, he's not going to get a move out of OT by playing the model professional. Looks like Ten Haag was happy for him to leave in the summer and he'd have known there'd be trouble down the line when he wasn't starting him. He could be a brilliant sub to have but unfortunately thats not the role he's happy with so best for all he moves on in January.

Armagh18

Erik ten Hag: "Yes, Cristiano Ronaldo refused to come on against Tottenham". 🚨🔴 #MUFC

"There has to be consequences. It is important for the attitude and mentality of the group".

"Details are between Cristiano Ronaldo & me. The statement is also clear. Cristiano remains an important player in the squad".

"I'm responsible for the culture, I've to set the standards and values. Football is team sport. You have to set certain standard".

Ten Hag keeps impressing

Gmac

Wtf would he want to bring on Ronaldo for with 4/5 minutes to go in a game thy are winning 2-0 ?   he's an all time great not a 18 year old squad player . Having said that it's time for Ronaldo to move to mls or somewhere he can make the calls and play when he wants .

Armamike

Ten Hag gets it.  Football is about how the team as a whole performs. They are a better team without Ronaldo starting.  Might do a job in certain games as an impact sub but he doesn't fit into how Ten Hag sees his team playing.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Armagh18

Thought Keane made good points. It would be worse if he was on the bench not giving a f**k

Ghost

Stupid from McTominay that.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 22, 2022, 07:01:34 PM
Thought Keane made good points. It would be worse if he was on the bench not giving a f**k

The team won so if he gave a shite he'd have been happy so it's only self interest.