Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritof98

Quote from: BenDover on December 08, 2006, 08:46:11 AM
This is the team order I'd like Utd to be drawn against for the next round. Obviously as far away from Barca as possible. A slight chance Van Nistelrooy will come back to haunt Utd

And maybe Beckham as well.

Truthfully I won't be too worried about who we get, with the exception of Barca, I feel we can take any of the rest of them, and if truth be told we have struggled away from home against the so called weaker teams in recent years. I would much rather meet stronger teams and beat them. (remember '99, Inter, Juve and Munich)

We have this question in Armagh about meeting Cross in the C'ship, 'Would you rather get them (Barca) in the final or early in the comp to catch them on the hop?
I'll go back if Marsdens back

hows she cutting

Tough enough game tomorrow.

City always play the derby like a cup final and always seem to put in more effort in recent years in this fixture.
Can only really see a United win depite the above.

Will Fergie stick with the team that beat Benfica the other night.
See in the paper Smith scored for the reserves last night and Park made his comeback playing the first 45.
A good sign with the christmas games coming up.

predict a 3-1 win tomorrow

slow corner back

Very accurate prediction " hows she cutting ". Hope you had a tenner on it

maxpower

good call hsc, listened to match on radio and saw highlights.

good result and plenty of chances created, vidic (for the 1st time this year) looked dodgy enough and rooney missed a fair few decent chances.

getting to the new year with this 5 point lead in tack will be crucial to united's chances this year.  glad to hear Park is nearing full fitness, i think he's a great man to bring on when a game is opening up.
What happens next????

magpie seanie

Gas that United are (effectively) 5 points clear and yet United fans still don't see them as favourites for the title. I think its a realistic view. The cushion will be required. Any injuries to the forward players could mean curtains even with the arrival of Larsson.

maxpower

i think it a reflection of the obvious weakness of the united squad that most supporters expect to drop points as a result of a couple of injuries or loss of form.

1 to 11 are performing excellently, but the only competition for places is between evra and heinze.  a couple of good signing in Jan could put united in with a real chance

a bit of egg on the face of dunphy and co with ronaldo getting player of the month, i'm sure it won't bother him to much as the english press (or whoever picks this) will all be idiots and should really bow to this superior knowledge of the game
What happens next????

BenDover

Quote from: maxpower on December 11, 2006, 11:09:02 AM
glad to hear Park is nearing full fitness, i think he's a great man to bring on when a game is opening up.
I also agree here think Park is a good team player full of energy, could you imagaine running after him all day! I was reading the Sunday world yesterday and Denis Irwin reckons that a big name striker won't be arriving in Jan but in the summer, something Fergie said as well (about the return of Solskjaer, Rossi, Smith and the signing of Larsson) makes me think this would be right. Though i hope I'm wrong.

BenDover

Quote from: BenDover on December 08, 2006, 08:46:11 AM
This is the team order I'd like Utd to be drawn against for the next round. Obviously as far away from Barca as possible. A slight chance Van Nistelrooy will come back to haunt Utd

Lille
Porto
PSV
Inter
Roma
Real Madrid
Barelona

Wonder what odds I woulda got on Utd vs Lille?

The Claw

Redgreenery

Unbelievable, hard to believe and to make it worse Chelsea managed to win. :(

J70

Disaster??!! ;D

You lost a tight away game to a well-worked goal. It happens!

West Ham are nowhere near as bad as their recent form. Curbishley is a very capable manager. United were never going to cruise through this match, especially when it was his first match in charge.

Barney

The last week is the reason why Chelsea will win the Premiership - one down to Arsenal, they pick up a point; struggling for the win against Newcastle, they get the late goal. Down to Everton they pick up the win. 7 points when it could have been 1!

United have now lost 5 matches 1-0 this season. Only against Arsenal were they outplayed. In the other games they never looked like coming back and lack of a striker is killing them. I said it before but Saha is a carthorse. Definitely not the standard for a top team. At the moment he doesn't look interested either. Must say that Carrick was extremely poor again yesterday.

Now Larsson may make a short-term difference but when there have been four away matches when you have not scored it is a worry when trips to Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs are all to come.

el_cuervo_fc

Great result yesterday!!!  sorry for your loss lads. It's always tough against a side fighting relegation.  It's just a pity Chelsea had to grind that win out. 

Hound

My word, the mancs were awful, particularly Scholes, Carrick and Giggs.

Then Ferguson comes out afterwards and says "We played very well" !! Hilarious. I honestly don't know how he keeps a straight face. Its a pity all the interviewers are afraid of their shíte of him. It would have been an ideal time to say:

Would you include Michael Carrick in that analysis? - Your £18 million England midfield maestro and supreme passer. Who you decided to take off when you're 1-0 down and badly in need of a goal and bring on John O'Shea instead!!!

maxpower

it was a poor performance, but utd still probaly did enough to at least draw but no for the first time this year were found out in the last 3rd. lots of possession plenty of shots no goals.

Saha looks lost at the minute
What happens next????