Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: screenexile on March 08, 2020, 06:47:20 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 08, 2020, 06:44:25 PM
Great Scott what a win for United, a first league double over City for a decade.  A  win built on a solid defensive performance.  10 games unbeaten in all comps and 8 clean sheets in those matches. As for City three defeats to United in transition this season and they are meant to be the 2nd best in the league?

Back to United though still 3 points off 4th and it seems Chelsea has hit top form after beating Everton and Liverpool so all to play for their.

If in the league table there is a 2 beside your name that means you're the second best team in the league... it was a good win for Utd but y'know you're still behind Chelsea and Leicester!

My point was it doesn't say much for the quality of the 2nd best team in the league. A league season with just one good and consistent team whom had the title basically won many months ago because of the lack of consistency from their challengers.

Ed Ricketts

Great Scott what a win for United, a first league double over City for a decade.  A  win built on a solid defensive performance.  10 games unbeaten in all comps and 8 clean sheets in those matches. As for City three defeats to United in transition this season and they are meant to be the 2nd best in the league?

Back to United though still 3 points off 4th and it seems Chelsea has hit top form after beating Everton and Liverpool so all to play for.

Is 3rd coming back into play too, though? Leicester have been on a very poor run since Christmas, albeit have faced a tough run of fixtures. Only 5 points ahead of United now, will be interesting to see if they can make the most of their game in hand tomorrow night.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on March 08, 2020, 07:06:15 PM

Back to United though still 3 points off 4th and it seems Chelsea has hit top form after beating Everton and Liverpool so all to play for.

Is 3rd coming back into play too, though? Leicester have been on a very poor run since Christmas, albeit have faced a tough run of fixtures. Only 5 points ahead of United now, will be interesting to see if they can make the most of their game in hand tomorrow night.

Certainly will be if Leicester continue their recent poor form and United can stay consistent.

laoislad

Funny how there was never any talk of poor leagues when united were winning them, though it's that long ago maybe my memory is getting a bit hazy......
If anything it goes to show you how competitive the league is that any club can beat any other club on their day.
Nice one today though, I'd give Ole a 10 year contract. Some man for one man.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Terrible league in fairness. When one team dominated it for so long and the rest are 30 points behind the leaders! But sure you'll have headers telling you it's been a competitive league! Crack heads
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

snoopdog

I dont remember a worse league. Great win today need to keep doing it though. Utd have had a good few false dawns. still a few players short.  Big clubs in Europe are also quite poor.

From the Bunker

Poor league or not, there won't be anything to say this on the Trophy, on medals or in history!

All that will be remembered will be who won it!

You still have to be the best to win it and Liverpool are the best by a very, very long way!  ;D

Christ Manchester United's won the league with 75 in 1996-97. How shite was that? Reality is it was not shite because they finished top!

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 07:35:55 PM
Terrible league in fairness. When one team dominated it for so long and the rest are 30 points behind the leaders! But sure you'll have headers telling you it's been a competitive league! Crack heads

Poor MR2 this has been a tough run!! Heads up, it's nearly over!!  ;D
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 08, 2020, 08:37:14 PM
Poor league or not, there won't be anything to say this on the Trophy, on medals or in history!

You still have to be the best to win it and Liverpool are the best by a very, very long way!  ;D

Christ Manchester United's won the league with 75 in 1996-97. How shite was that? Reality is it was not shite because they finished top!

You're getting shite and competitive mixed up.  :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 09:18:15 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 08, 2020, 08:37:14 PM

You're getting shite and competitive mixed up.  :P

And I think you are getting competitive and Quality mixed up!  :P

Maroon Manc

Really enjoyed that yesterday, United thoroughly deserved the win with City struggling to create good chances.

I said in January the only hope United had of finishing top 4 would be miraculous improvement in our defending which has happened in the last 10 games, only 2 goals conceded in that time which is a remarkable turnaround. I haven't seen the stats but would assume De Gea is having far less to do and most of the players in front of him are in good form.

If only Fernandes was brought in last summer and another centre forward had come in too, I suspect United would have at least 10 more points and would be comfortable in the hunt for top 4.

I hope we can keep everyone fit for the rest of the season, if we progress in Europe we're going to need everyone to chip in and play their part. Matic had been woeful for nearly 2 years yet the last 2 months he's been excellent and looks like he's got himself an extension to his contract and will be here next season. I still think finishing top 4 is going to be very difficult and winning the Europa League might be United's best bet.

magpie seanie

Things are looking up. Long way to go in the season and things went tits up from here last season so definitely not getting ahead of ourselves. Busy on 3 fronts so hopefully no injuries.

Cunny Funt

LASK game on Thursday will be played behind closed doors. Would have wonder are all the supporters that paid for flights and hotels out of pocket now.

It's getting to a stage that the rest of the season might have to be cancelled?

OgraAnDun

If it's going to be cancelled, I hope it happens in the next ten days  :D

Boycey

It's Thursday the best football day of the week 😎

Edit: I'm usually first to have a go at the club but fair play to them for the decision to give all fans due to travel to tonight £350 compensation across the board....