Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2017, 11:53:08 AM
Can you imagine this thread today had Utd lost? As a sort of supporter I'd have been pleased with that result last night considering the team available and playing away from home, all the teams below Chelsea are like bald people fight for a comb.. For Utd it wont make any difference to their spending or attracting players in the summer should they not be in the Champions League, different say Liverpool

United beat Chelsea recently (albeit at Old Trafford) and the only real difference in personnel was Pogba was missing. Ibra only played the last few minutes of that game.

nrico2006

Quote from: NAG1 on April 28, 2017, 11:07:43 AM
IMO when Fellaini lowers his head toward SA, he bends down over him and stops short of making contact, SA then moves his head into Fellaini and then falls back.

Can see why the Ref gave it the way he did, but probably a more accurate reflection of the incident would have been a yellow card each (for stupidity on both counts), which would have resulted in Fellaini going off anyway.

Thought he was also very lax on some of the treatment of Rashford, constantly blocked making runs and tackled from behind with no retribution.

Aguero was the one moving both his body and head towards Fellaini, Feillaini nearly actually moves back but tucks his chin into his chest. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPWHiuFPrIQ
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Tucks his chin into his chest :) :) :)

Aguero shapes as if he's going to headbutt, drawing Fellaini in. Fellaini then actually nutts him (very gently) and Aguero is taken out by a sniper in the stand.

It's not the most thuggish act Fellaini has ever done on a field, but it's one of the daftest.

Chase

IMO when Fellaini lowers his head toward SA, he bends down over him and stops short of making contact, SA then moves his head into Fellaini and then falls back.

Can see why the Ref gave it the way he did, but probably a more accurate reflection of the incident would have been a yellow card each (for stupidity on both counts), which would have resulted in Fellaini going off anyway.

Thought he was also very lax on some of the treatment of Rashford, constantly blocked making runs and tackled from behind with no retribution.
None of that explains why Aguero should have been sent off instead of Fellaini which was the original statement that you +1 to.
Chase is on the case!

DuffleKing

Quote from: Chase on April 28, 2017, 12:06:35 PM

None of that explains why Aguero should have been sent off instead of Fellaini which was the original statement that you +1 to.

I agree - Aguera headbutted Fellani as much as Fellani headbutted Aguero. Two reds

gallsman

Ffs lads catch yourselves on. Aguero squared up to him and gets in his face, Fellaini headbutted him. Trying to see an equivalence between the two is beyond blinkered.

magpie seanie

Its really pathetic watching that back

NAG1

Quote from: Chase on April 28, 2017, 12:06:35 PM

Amend that too along with.... Chase - Happy with that?  ;)

The Stallion

Fellaini deserved a red purely for the stupidity of getting involved in something 5 seconds after his booking.

screenexile

Ridiculous!!!

In case you lads have't notice Aguero would have to f**king jump to headbutt Fellani, which he clearly didn't . . . Can we not all agree Fellani is a stupid **** and move on?!

AZOffaly

Mourinho this year reminds me of a good few years ago at Chelsea. He came in, started off by making them very difficult to beat. (I think they may have won the league actually, but the emphasis was defensive). They weren't great to watch.

Then the next year he took the step forward offensively, and I think they ended up the top scorers or something. I can't remember the years, I might be raving, but I seem to remember this anyway.

United will be very dangerous next year.

magpie seanie

Quote from: screenexile on April 28, 2017, 12:35:43 PM
Ridiculous!!!

In case you lads have't notice Aguero would have to f**king jump to headbutt Fellani, which he clearly didn't . . . Can we not all agree Fellani is a stupid **** and move on?!

He jumped alright. Onto the floor!!! No one defending Fellaini - he was out of order and stupid but Aguero's carry on was as bad.

Bord na Mona man

If Fellaini had properly smashed him properly with the head, would he still only get a 3 game ban?

AZOffaly

Just once, wouldn't you love to see a lad unleashing a haymaker instead of crumpling to the floor as if he was victim of a lightning strike?

NAG1

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on April 28, 2017, 12:40:03 PM
If Fellaini had properly smashed him properly with the head, would he still only get a 3 game ban?

See thats the thing always got me about these silly red cards, if you are going to get a three game ban anyway why not make it worthwhile for the action you are going to done for anyway.

Yes it was stupid and yes let's move it on.