Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 26, 2017, 12:36:24 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on January 26, 2017, 11:46:06 AM
Quote from: Boycey on January 24, 2017, 09:03:43 PM
Ivory Coast knocked out of African Cup of Nations tonight meaning an earlier than expected return to OT for Eric Bailly..

That's good news, I think the team have started to rock at the back slightly in the past few games in the number of chances given up any way. Hope EB can come in for the remainder of the season and really impose himself on the team.

I cant see any major signings coming in before the window. Greizeman in the summer seems to be the big deal to be made, if they can.

I think that would spell the end for Mata though, hopefully not but it would leave the squad slightly unbalanced with attacking players.

No, I'd say for Martial. I think that would be a mistake but Jose seems to be always on his case.

Its a pity because I would have expected Martial to have a bit of a bounce effect under JM, but the fact he is in and out of the team doesnt seem to give him the run maybe that he needs.

He is devastating when he gets it together just a pity JM cant get him firing at the same time as Rashford and have a threat coming from both flanks.

Milltown Row2

Good opening by Hull, they keep this up they'll have a chance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stiffler

Have Utd backed here ! Hoping for big improvement 2nd half.

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Boycey

Meh, expected tonight to be a bit shit but not quite that bad... Disappointing to end an unbeaten streak even though it was ultimately irrelevant.

Martials not getting picked because he's not playing well enough, simple..

Milltown Row2

Hull played well and deserved that.... few good saves also kept Utd in it.... anyone's final
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

That was a very poor 1st half performance but probably picked the right game to play like that. The ref has been slaughtered by Keith Hackett & Graham Poll the last few weeks in the media about been too soft, clearly that was playing on his mind when he gave that pen; That was another dreadful decision, never seen a season like it and it keeps continuing. There's been poor decisions in nearly every match this season, we've certainly benefitted from a few namely the times Rojo should have seen red of when the West Ham player was sent off although I still think we'd have beaten West Ham that day. Overall the bad decisions have likely cost us more points than we've gained. We've had one pen in the last 39 league games, thats a very weird stat.

As for Hull they've certainly improved since Silva took over, we'll have to play a lot better at OT next week to beat them.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 27, 2017, 10:35:40 AM
That was a very poor 1st half performance but probably picked the right game to play like that. The ref has been slaughtered by Keith Hackett & Graham Poll the last few weeks in the media about been too soft, clearly that was playing on his mind when he gave that pen; That was another dreadful decision, never seen a season like it and it keeps continuing. There's been poor decisions in nearly every match this season, we've certainly benefitted from a few namely the times Rojo should have seen red of when the West Ham player was sent off although I still think we'd have beaten West Ham that day. Overall the bad decisions have likely cost us more points than we've gained. We've had one pen in the last 39 league games, thats a very weird stat.

As for Hull they've certainly improved since Silva took over, we'll have to play a lot better at OT next week to beat them.
Really, what decisions have cost United points this season?

Boycey

Please stop this conversation before it starts.....

United have had a couple of decisions go against them recently, big f**king deal... we'll get a whopper of decision in our favour shortly and everyone will be able to go back to frothing at the mouth at how we always get the decisions. Someone will be along in a minute to blame Mourinho for all the decisions against us ;)

Esmarelda

Quote from: Boycey on January 27, 2017, 10:54:34 AM

United have had a couple of decisions go against them recently, big f**king deal... we'll get a whopper of decision in our favour shortly and everyone will be able to go back to frothing at the mouth at how we always get the decisions. Someone will be along in a minute to blame Mourinho for all the decisions against us ;)
I'm one who doesn't think this way generally. I just felt that over the last few months that United have had an unusual amount of things go their way. I was therefore surprised to read Maroon Manc's comments.

Maroon Manc

The problem with the ABU's is they only see things one way.

Off the top of my head the tackle on Mata v Stoke, nailed on pen.  The challenge by Bravo on Rooney when he could easily have broken his leg, nailed on pen and red card. The challenge by Monreal against Valencia which was a nailed on pen. The foul by the Burnley full back on Darmian and Herrera's red card when he slipped. We took 3 points from those 4 games.

There was Luiz's terrible tackle on Fellaini although given we were 2-0 down at the time and how poor we were its unlikely we'd have gotten anything but you never know. There's a few more too which I can't think off.

Link

Quote from: Boycey on January 27, 2017, 10:54:34 AM

big decision went for them against liverpool when offside wasn't called.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 27, 2017, 11:17:09 AM
The problem with the ABU's is they only see things one way.

Off the top of my head the tackle on Mata v Stoke, nailed on pen.  The challenge by Bravo on Rooney when he could easily have broken his leg, nailed on pen and red card. The challenge by Monreal against Valencia which was a nailed on pen. The foul by the Burnley full back on Darmian and Herrera's red card when he slipped. We took 3 points from those 4 games.

There was Luiz's terrible tackle on Fellaini although given we were 2-0 down at the time and how poor we were its unlikely we'd have gotten anything but you never know. There's a few more too which I can't think off.
Are you suggesting I'm an ABU? That was my first post on the United thread.

I follow soccer but support nor dislike any club. Mine was an observation. All you had to do was answer the question but you come in with the ABU comment.

I'll leave you to it.

Maroon Manc

First post on here and you're questioning my post on referee's, too right you've been accused of being an abu.

Cunny Funt

Hull got a slice of luck with the penalty but a deserved win for them. United were poor all game last night they look a tired team now and most of the spark that was there during the 17 game unbeaten run has now faded. Last night confirmed Rojo is dreadful at full back while decent at centre back and Darmian shouldn't be anywhere near the starting team.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 27, 2017, 11:57:08 AM
First post on here and you're questioning my post on referee's, too right you've been accused of being an abu.

Referee's what?

You said something, I noticed it,  thought it at odds with what I had seen and queried it.

If I saw it on any other thread I'd have queried it too.

ABU? I haven't heard that term since I was in secondary school. That's where it belongs. "My team's better than your team................"