Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Utd must have used up all their luck for the remainder of the season tonight !
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ross4life

A good LVG interview a few minutes ago, especially where he pointed out how the British media continue to twist is words.

Away wins rare for United this season (too many draws) maybe that win tonight will be a huge 3 points by the end of the season. After the game on BT sports Steve McManaman looked so disappointed with the Man United win while the bitterness of Robbie Savage been released as United youth player remains raw.

On another note hard to believe it 19 years to the night since this famous win.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

yellowcard

LVG still grinding out results although with the penalty that wasn't given against Smalling tonight it's hard to know how much more luck can be had in terms of points gathered relative to performances. Still third spot and a cup win is still a strong possibility which would represent a very good first season for LVG. His old buddy Tim Krul returned him a favour from last years World Cup tonight.

orangeman

Quote from: stiffler on March 04, 2015, 10:02:39 PM

Much better to have good luck than bad luck. Everyone needs a bit of luck. Liverpool now breathing down the necks of United and Arsenal. Southampton falling away as expected. The run in is going to be exciting.

stiffler

Quote from: orangeman on March 05, 2015, 12:09:31 AM

Much better to have good luck than bad luck. Everyone needs a bit of luck. Liverpool now breathing down the necks of United and Arsenal. Southampton falling away as expected. The run in is going to be exciting.

There is no doubt that good luck is much more appreciated than bad luck. My point being these things tend to balance themselves out over the course of the season, and by that Utds good fortune could take a turn for the worst very soon.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

AZOffaly

United just keep winning. It's a great trait to have. How many late goals have they scored this season, that's a great sign. Moyes' team hardly ever scored in the last 10 minutes if I remember correctly. Ferguson's teams always seemed to get one if they needed it.

screenexile

"I think we have dominated for 90 minutes, maybe our best match of the season, especially in an away match we deserved the victory."

Is LVG on drugs or something? If that's the benchmark for the season then I don't know!!

snoopdog

LVG is a very lucky manager. won a lot of games we prob shouldnt have, he will need to be even luckier if by some miracle we finish in the top 4.
Possesion is nothing if you cant put the ball in the back of the net.

Maroon Manc

Really?

Newcastle clearly should have had a pen but we had a good goal ruled out and Rooney was clear on goal when wrongly ruled offside.

The goal had an element of luck but it was good play by Rooney that forced them into a mistake. Over the 90 minutes we created the better chances and deserved to win.

Newcastle were there for the taking in the first half and the United of a few years ago would be a few goals up at half time. He should have kept Di Maria on, had started to have an influence in the previous 10 minutes. I'd have put Young at left back and taken Fellaini off a lot earlier.

Milltown Row2

Liverpool will finish in the top 4, that's for certain, so it will be either Utd or Arsenal that will be battling for the 4th spot.... In fact if Liverpool continue with that form, they may even take 2nd spot!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 05, 2015, 10:12:16 AM
Liverpool will finish in the top 4, that's for certain, so it will be either Utd or Arsenal that will be battling for the 4th spot.... In fact if Liverpool continue with that form, they may even take 2nd spot!

I'll be disappointed if they don't win the Grand National at least.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 05, 2015, 10:16:21 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 05, 2015, 10:12:16 AM

I'll be disappointed if they don't win the Grand National at least.

And the Eurovision!!

beer baron

Arsenal are certs for top 4 as they are from the 1st game of the season,they just do it and there's no reason to believe that'll stop now,it's between the rest for the last spot and Liverpool will get it i suspect. The Liverpool Utd game is going to be painful,i can see them beating us by  2 or 3  :o Unless Gerrard comes back and slows everything down to give us a chance,come on Stevey get recovering  :D.

AZOffaly

Spurs could well sneak up on the rails when everyone is worrying about Liverpool and United. Liverpool have put themselves in an awful position due to the length of time it took them to get going. Their points total since Christmas is brilliant, which shows how poor they were before that. What it has done is mean they have minimal room to slip up. United have the points on the board and can probably afford a slip up. I cannot see Liverpool winning every game between here and the end of May!

johnneycool

Is Rathcooles finest son out for the next game with a chest infection?

Awful bit of phlegm that!