Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Lads, I think ye are exaggerating a bit. It's only the first game of the season, and it will take time for van Gaal to find his feet. I don't think Man United are going to do a Leeds on it, and I'll be surprised if they are not seriously up there for a Champions League place at least at the end of the season.

Leave the pessimism to me on the Liverpool thread.

Shrewdness

Seems United tried to sign Thomas Muller during the summer. They even offered him more money than Bayern are paying him...Vidal not playing for Juventus again today over fitness etc. Is it any wonder United haven't bid for him... Also heard a rumour that Fellaini is injured which could scupper our chances of selling/ loaning him.

laoislad

Quote from: Shrewdness on August 20, 2014, 12:39:33 PM
Seems United tried to sign Thomas Muller during the summer. They even offered him more money than Bayern are paying him...Vidal not playing for Juventus again today over fitness etc. Is it any wonder United haven't bid for him... Also heard a rumour that Fellaini is injured which could scupper our chances of selling/ loaning him.
Haven't bid for Vidal or he doesn't want to sign for ye...
Sounds like the Toni Kroos saga all over again.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Zip Code

Hopefully they win nothing for the next ten years, nothing worse than United Supporters.  ;D

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: laoislad on August 20, 2014, 12:47:34 PM

Yes sounds like the latter. It's strange the way all these big players are turning down the biggest club in the world.
That Woodward guy is to blame.

Kidder81

johnneycool

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on August 20, 2014, 12:51:17 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 20, 2014, 12:47:34 PM

Yes sounds like the latter. It's strange the way all these big players are turning down the biggest club in the world.
That Woodward guy is to blame.

I thought it was Moyes and now with world class LVG in the hot seat all the top top talent would be banging on the door of Old Trafford.
Doesn't seem that way so far.

Joe Blob

Looks like the criticism dished out to Moyes last season was largely unfair given the same issues are happening again under a 'big name manager' such as Van Gaal. Slightly worrying times for United fans.

Don't forget they have spent close to £150m (maybe more?) since Fergie has left without bringing much back in.  The Glazers have provided cash, it's just that other than Mata it has been mishandled.

seafoid

Quote from: Zip Code on August 20, 2014, 12:49:18 PM
Hopefully they win nothing for the next ten years, nothing worse than United Supporters.  ;D
Yeah and then when do win something it will mean so much more to them ! 

deiseach

Quote from: J OGorman on August 20, 2014, 02:38:51 PM
phew, thought that would be another youtube dance music 'classic'

Are we ever gonna give them up?

NAG1

So what do we make of Rojo?

I confess I do not know much off him, anyone got any information on him and whether he is likely to be an improvement on what is already there?

beer baron

Quote from: NAG1 on August 20, 2014, 04:06:42 PM
So what do we make of Rojo?

I confess I do not know much off him, anyone got any information on him and whether he is likely to be an improvement on what is already there?

I'm in a similar boat to yourself and i'd say most are the same if they're honest but plenty in the pub will be sure to be telling us how he's been one of the best defenders in the world the past few years and will be better than Vidic,Rio and Evra put together   ::)

rodney trotter

Not much was known about Vidic or Evra before they joined United. Rojo looked decent in the WC anyway so can only judge on that. Anyone see him play with Lisbon?  We will see what he is like soon enough

He can play centre half or left back.  Van Gaal is likely to stay with the 3 man defence for a while and see if it will work in the Pl.

magpie seanie

Van Gaal changes the system to suit game situations etc so while it is vital people understand his system it is even more important that they are versatile. Hopefully Rojo can be that.

Someone earlier questioned going for Daley Blind as he is a left back like Shaw. Blind can play left of the 3 CB's, left wing back or centre midfield - he played in all those positions in the WC for the Netherlands. I think he would be a super addition.

Saturday was really disappointing but when you consider all the players that were missing it's probably not that surprising. I'm still very confiedent that United will do better than last season and not many supporters can say that of their team!

As for getting the scarves out - some of us never put them away....

seafoid

Lads

This is where it is at

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/IROL/13/133303/Presentation/Final%20Roadshow%20July%202014-1.pdf

Commercial has an 18.2% Compound Annual Growth rate
53 million facebookers (Dallas Cowboys only have 7 million FFS)
5 million fans on  Weibo
Multifaceted business model
Scarcity of global marketing platforms
24% of soccer fans in the US follow Man U
Global reach 

Who cares about trophies with 18.2% CAGR ?