Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/424965264531156992/photo/1

Paddy Power going to have a go at Moyes tomorrow I'd say.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Minder

Captain Obvious is taking this badly, for a neutral.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 19, 2014, 06:25:32 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 19, 2014, 06:16:15 PM
Champions league spot beyond United now.

Wednesday's game now must win.

How so? Only 6 points behind Liverpool and Spurs.

Poor run of form. If it continues then it's lights out for them IMO.

AZOffaly

Quote from: orangeman on January 19, 2014, 08:54:11 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 19, 2014, 06:25:32 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 19, 2014, 06:16:15 PM
Champions league spot beyond United now.

Wednesday's game now must win.

How so? Only 6 points behind Liverpool and Spurs.

Poor run of form. If it continues then it's lights out for them IMO.

Yeah, if it continues. I thought you meant it's beyond them now.

BennyCake

United won't make the top 4. No chance. They might only be 6 or 7 points from fourth, but United are a shambles. It's not going to get any better this season. The seasons gone. Over. And it might be a blessing if Sunderland win the semi final, because City will destroy United in the final.

United need to focus on getting 4 or 5 players at least for next season, and a new manager.

seafoid

Quote from: BennyCake on January 19, 2014, 11:02:00 PM
United won't make the top 4. No chance. They might only be 6 or 7 points from fourth, but United are a shambles. It's not going to get any better this season. The seasons gone. Over. And it might be a blessing if Sunderland win the semi final, because City will destroy United in the final.

United need to focus on getting 4 or 5 players at least for next season, and a new manager.
It sounds like the Cavan thread 3 years ago.

Corner Forward

are you suggesting united throw in the towel already? we wont win the league but still can finish fourth and if we get rooney and rvp back we may get a win over city in the league cup final (provided we get through on wednesday night of course)

ffs moyes has been in the job less than a year-he inherited a crap team that won the league last year mainly down to the fact the other title challengers were a shambles. he got us through top of the group in the CL-he has made a lot of mistakes in the transfer market but dont think its totally his fault.

Every top team goes through a period of transition that proves rocky-thats what united are going through now.

NAG1

Tough watch yesterday and im pretty sure it wont be the last game like this before the end of the season. Desperately need Rooney and RVP back. Any team that would be without those two players would struggle, however it has completly exposed United's squad.

United dominated possession in the early exchanges, how many times did janazui get to the by line and roll it across the box. Wellbeck pulled out to the penalty spot on each occasion looking for him to make the impossible pass, instead of goal hanging and getting one to bounce in off him if nothing else.

I wouldnt be harsh on Vidic, I think it was a genuine enough attempt just late and probably stemmed from frustration. I would be frustrated too, playing with Evans on one side and Phil Jones in front of me. The ref was dying to get the red card out, couldnt wait for it.

Time to batton down the hatches and come out with bit of fighting spirit, confidence seems to be drained from the players completely.

EC Unique

This could have been written about Utd 25 odd years ago at the start of Fergie's reign. Complete nonsense. 4th is still attainable and Moyes will be fine. Patience is something a lot of Utd supporters don't have.

maldini

Remember not so long ago Fergie was saying Phil Jones could well become the best player ever to play for Manchester United

:)

NAG1

Quote from: maldini on January 20, 2014, 10:54:43 AM
Remember not so long ago Fergie was saying Phil Jones could well become the best player ever to play for Manchester United

:)

To me he is going to be a very basic centre half, in the ilk of John Terry or Gary Cahill, blood and thunder tacklers and head the balls. Whether he is going to be good enough even at doing that to me is something of quandary.

snoopdog

Vidic will be gone at end of season. jones needs to be given the next 3 games that Vidic is suspended in beside Evans. Jones isnt a midfielder

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Fourth will be achieved but only if both Rooney and RVP are back and stay injury free for the rest of the season.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

brokencrossbar1

You gotta laugh some times at how people are saying that Fergie left a mess for Moyes and didn'tn replace players.   In Smalling and Jones he spent the guts of £30m one the 'brightest'  young English talent who would emerge as the long term replacements for Vidic and Ferdinand,  in Anderson and Kagawa he spent in the region of £35m to replace Scholes,  Carrick £18.5 m,  Van Persie £24 m, Ashley Young £15m,  Antonia Valencia £15m, De Gea £17m.  These players should have been the spine,  along with Rooney, of the United team.  That is a fine set of players and for people to be saying that Ferguson left United in a mess is just wrong.  If you take Carrick out, who joined in 2006, in the last 6 odd seasons United have spent around £120 million on first team players and stillhad a good bedrock of established players.  The may have a lower 'nett spend'  but that  is simply due tothe big f**k off amount they got for  Cronaldo.  United are in a much better position in terms of player availability than Liverpool,  I would love a player like the wee Mexican to be in our squad for instance,  but Moyes is f**king it up at the minute.  Long may it last I add!!!