Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Meh too nice to each other at the end.
Was hoping to see one of them throw a headbutt across the table.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on December 10, 2013, 11:17:07 PM
Meh too nice to each other at the end.
Was hoping to see one of them throw a headbutt across the table.

The sequel Keane V Fergie will not be as nice I reckon

EC Unique

Great show. 2 absolute warriors the like of are not playing in football anymore.

mc_grens

Definite mutual respect between the two lads. Keane definitely has a serious axe to grind with Fergie- even the lads he left out of his team: Giggs, Scholes, Neville- All Players who never really clashed with "the manager".

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

rodney trotter

He was probaly supporting City 2 years ago. eejit.

rrhf

It's important this point he makes. The business of soccer is a con and the goats that follow it and pump their money and emotions into it to be loyal to a group of businessmen coming up with the next way of taking that money.  To be loyal to arsenal is to be loyal to someone you have never met and who doesn't know you but will gladly let you feel ownership so they can take your money. Why not change clubs, every year ... Everyone else does.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 10, 2013, 09:22:57 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 10, 2013, 06:01:18 PM
Seen this tweet last week from Raymond Verheijen from the World Football Academy, and I thought it was very relevant re Moyes and his team.

"If you appoint a coaching staff, that has never won anything, to manage players who have won almost everything, you're asking for trouble."

Think somebody on here passed that quote off as their own last week

Ha Ha. Just looked back there and seen the culprit!

:D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

screenexile

Quote from: rrhf on December 11, 2013, 07:54:11 AM
It's important this point he makes. The business of soccer is a con and the goats that follow it and pump their money and emotions into it to be loyal to a group of businessmen coming up with the next way of taking that money.  To be loyal to arsenal is to be loyal to someone you have never met and who doesn't know you but will gladly let you feel ownership so they can take your money. Why not change clubs, every year ... Everyone else does.

Indeed!

deiseach

I'd agree the whole thing is idiotic. But there are degrees of idiocy and this guy (if we take it at face value) is 100% proof idiot.

EC Unique

Quote from: deiseach on December 11, 2013, 10:05:21 AM

I'd agree the whole thing is idiotic. But there are degrees of idiocy and this guy (if we take it at face value) is 100% proof idiot.

There is a possibility it is a spoof!

nrico2006

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 11, 2013, 08:56:23 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 10, 2013, 09:22:57 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 10, 2013, 06:01:18 PM
Seen this tweet last week from Raymond Verheijen from the World Football Academy, and I thought it was very relevant re Moyes and his team.

"If you appoint a coaching staff, that has never won anything, to manage players who have won almost everything, you're asking for trouble."

Think somebody on here passed that quote off as their own last week

Ha Ha. Just looked back there and seen the culprit!

:D

What page?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

5 Sams

Quote from: EC Unique on December 10, 2013, 11:23:32 PM
Great show. 2 absolute warriors the like of are not playing in football anymore.

+1 Excellent show. Keane V Fergie would be unreal...it'll never happen though. I think Fergie's afraid of him.
The Aristocrat Years

johnneycool

Times up Rio, put the boots in the fire lad, it was good while it lasted.

BennyCake

I've often thought about the MUTV interview that Keane gave. Was it really that bad? Or did Fergie use it as excuse to get rid of Keane, as he thought he was becoming too powerful?

Although he did bring success to United, I was never a big fan of Fergie, the man. He seemed like a control-freak and a dictator, which he has more or less confirmed since he's retired.

Fergie looked like the good guy when he sacked Keane. I'm the boss, I'll take no shit etc...yet he put up with a hell of a lot from Keane and Cantona, In particular. The difference was he needed them and put up with anything as long as they brought him success. To suddenly turn around and sack Keane (and Ruud, Stam etc) when they've gone past their prime, again, makes him look great. Why didn't he have get rid of Cantona in 95? Keane, when he was arrested or holding out for big contracts, or the Haaland tackle? Would he have got rid of Ruud when he was banging in 40 goals a season in his prime? But it was in Fergie's best interests to do everything he could to keep them. Keane is right when he talked about Fergie and loyalty.

The MUTV tape should be shown. But it won't. Because it serves Fergie's agenda, that he was right for firing Keane. It smells just like the missing Pentagon tapes on 9/11. We tell you what happened, so just believe it! There's always two sides to every story.