Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Carrick is will be out for a good few weeks, achilles injury that he has been playing with....going to hurt United badly, vital player.

rodney trotter

Moyes would have been sacked weeks ago from reading this thread. Total over reaction, still 11 games played.

EC Unique

Quote from: ballinaman on November 11, 2013, 12:34:16 PM
Carrick is will be out for a good few weeks, achilles injury that he has been playing with....going to hurt United badly, vital player.

He has been brilliant the last 2 or 3 seasons. Very under rated by some. I seen a Moyes interview yesterday where he states that whilst things are going in the right direction he still sees massive improvements coming in the next weeks/months. Rooney is targeting the top of the table by the turn of the year. Looking at the fixtures the is not out of the question. The January window will be interesting but is there ever any quality available in January? Utd will be keen to put the summer's disaster of a transfer window behind them.

rodney trotter

Utd will be back in for Fabio Coentrao in Januray. Hopefully it can go through this time

screenexile

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 11, 2013, 12:10:15 PM
Liverpool were played off the park last week, yesterdays game was very much even with United doing enough.

Are you sure about that??

Yesterdays Game Stats
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24792962

Arsenal v Liverpool Game Stats
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24681358

If anything Liverpool had more possession... more shots on target, more corners!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on November 11, 2013, 02:19:07 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 11, 2013, 12:10:15 PM
Liverpool were played off the park last week, yesterdays game was very much even with United doing enough.

Are you sure about that??

Yesterdays Game Stats
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24792962

Arsenal v Liverpool Game Stats
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24681358

If anything Liverpool had more possession... more shots on target, more corners!

Apologies Opta Joe.

ballinaman

Stats don't prove anything, 70% of people know that.

Billys Boots

QuoteIf anything Liverpool had more possession... more shots on target, more corners!

Em, 54% is greater than 46% on my planet. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ludermor

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 11, 2013, 02:43:05 PM
QuoteIf anything Liverpool had more possession... more shots on target, more corners!

And 7 is greater than 4.
liverpool did have more corners though, they should have been awarded the games!

trueblue1234

I think he was comparing Liverpool's 46% to United's 40%.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

deiseach

I presume screenexile means Liverpool had a greater share of the game against Arsenal than Man Utd did in their game against Arsenal. Personally I don't think it means much, the consensus was that Liverpool got a bit of a chasing from Arsenal. But it was at the Emirates, where Arsenal are four from four in the league since the opening day.

EC Unique

1 is greater than zero...  3 points greater than none... Only stats that matter.

Billys Boots

I don't think there's anything to be read into yesterday's game other than MU played a high tempo game against a team suffering from tiredness and illness - it paid off for them in terms of the result, though a draw would have been a fair result for the game that was played. 

I'd be more worried as an MU fan than an Arsenal fan, however.  The game disguised the fact that they have little or no creativity in midfield - they better say their prayers that: (a) Rooney doesn't get injured or disillusioned, and (b) Arsenal don't sign a decent striker.  If either of those happen they won't be able to rely on Chelsea and City having 5-6 stinkers each season for success. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

screenexile

Quote from: deiseach on November 11, 2013, 02:51:27 PM

I presume screenexile means Liverpool had a greater share of the game against Arsenal than Man Utd did in their game against Arsenal. Personally I don't think it means much, the consensus was that Liverpool got a bit of a chasing from Arsenal. But it was at the Emirates, where Arsenal are four from four in the league since the opening day.

That was where I'm going. My main point is that the general consensus was the United were better than Arsenal yesterday when I didn't think they were. Just because Celtic beat Barcelona last year doesn't mean they were better on the night or that they are somehow a better team just because of a couple of set piece goals.

deiseach

Quote from: screenexile on November 11, 2013, 03:04:19 PM
That was where I'm going. My main point is that the general consensus was the United were better than Arsenal yesterday when I didn't think they were. Just because Celtic beat Barcelona last year doesn't mean they were better on the night or that they are somehow a better team just because of a couple of set piece goals.

You know what they say - you're only as good as your last match. As this means Everton are the equal of Crystal Palace, I'm good with that.