Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: Minder on August 28, 2013, 01:23:21 PM
Rooney is historically garbage against Liverpool, I think he has scored once in total against them.
Ya, poor enough return. He got the 2nd in OT the year before last and he scored the winner in a 0-1 in Anfield in his first or second season at United I think though....

Milltown Row2

Rooney is historically garbage against Liverpool, I think he has scored once in total against them.

Tries too hard, but will that be the kiss of death??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EC Unique

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2013, 01:46:15 PM

Tries too hard, but will that be the kiss of death??

Going by the Chelsea game he seems in good shape and word today is that he is staying at Utd for the time being. I think he is primed for a big game at the weekend.

bluenosebandit

united to sign mesut ozil for a club record £46 million going by an article on talksport. Walked straight down the tunnel after being subbed for madrid at the weekend. Making room for gareth bale at madrid. If this happens the real winners will be united, ozil is world class

rodney trotter

Quote from: bluenosebandit on August 28, 2013, 02:03:10 PM
united to sign mesut ozil for a club record £46 million going by an article on talksport. Walked straight down the tunnel after being subbed for madrid at the weekend. Making room for gareth bale at madrid. If this happens the real winners will be united, ozil is world class

He is a class act.. Find it hard to believe Fergie actually turned down the chance to once sign him, if that is actually true.

bluenosebandit

Sorry, my bad, bollix to that, ozil is going nowhere...sky sports news.

Real Madrid midfielder Mesut Ozil, who has been linked with a move to Arsenal and Manchester United, has announced he will be staying at the Bernabeu.

Rumours of a move were fuelled at the weekend when Ozil stormed down the tunnel after being substituted during Real's 1-0 win at Granada, but the 24-year-old says he will be staying in Spain.

Speaking at a shirt signing event the Germany international said: "I have a contract until 2016, I feel very good here and get on well with my team-mates.

"For me it's an honour to play here with this team.

"There has been a lot written in the press, they have spoken of interesting options but I have a contract and I am staying at Real Madrid."

Ozil had reportedly been unsettled by the arrival of Isco and Real's potential purchase of Gareth Bale which would leave his place in the side in doubt.

But the former Werder Bremen player says he understands the role that new coach Carlo Ancelotti wants him to play this season.

"I have the confidence of the coach and there is a series of objectives that we want to achieve in which everyone has their own role to play. This is one of the reasons I want to stay," he added.

J OGorman

indeed and a guy close to me decided to give Wazza his mobile phone as a reward...hand across the divide stuff  ;)

ballinaman

United V Liverpool in 3rd round of League cup.
Be nice to get them in the Champions League draw tomorrow too!

EC Unique

Quote from: ballinaman on August 28, 2013, 09:52:08 PM
United V Liverpool in 3rd round of League cup.
Be nice to get them in the Champions League draw tomorrow too!

Not one fcuk will I give about this game in comparison to this weekend.

orangeman

Etoo to Chelsea - does that mean interest in Rooney is over ?

I see Man U have made a biger bid for the hairy boy from Everton.

EC Unique

Quote from: orangeman on August 29, 2013, 04:14:51 PM

Over yesterday. That was the deadline set by Chelsea for Rooney to put in a transfer request. Now talk of him getting a new contract ::)

Is it a double bid to include Baines?

orangeman

Quote from: EC Unique on August 29, 2013, 04:31:49 PM

Over yesterday. That was the deadline set by Chelsea for Rooney to put in a transfer request. Now talk of him getting a new contract ::)

Yes - up from £28m to £38m.

That's a fair increase but £28m was probably insulting them to begin with.

EC Unique

Quote from: orangeman on August 29, 2013, 04:33:06 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 29, 2013, 04:31:49 PM

Yes - up from £28m to £38m.

That's a fair increase but £28m was probably insulting them to begin with.

I would be surprised if no deal is done. Everton probably currently looking at where they can spend the money on other players.

EC Unique

GROUP A MANCHESTER UNITED, Shakhtar Donetsk, Bayer Leverkusen, Real Sociedad
GROUP B Real Madrid, Juventus, Galatasaray, FC Copenhagen
GROUP C Benfica, Paris St Germain, Olympiacos, Anderlecht
GROUP D Bayern Munich, CSKA Moscow, MANCHESTER CITY, Plzen
GROUP E CHELSEA, Schalke, Basel, Steaua Bucharest
GROUP F ARSENAL, Marseille, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli
GROUP G Porto, Atletico Madrid, Zenit St Petersburg, Austria Vienna
GROUP H Barcelona, Milan, Ajax, CELTIC

EC Unique

Good enough draw for Utd when you look at groups B, D & H.