Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Was Ronaldo not looking for 1 million/month recently?  Only City could pay that.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

general

on the whole united couldnt afford ronaldo....

madrid still owe united 40-50 million...that would be a sufficient chunk of the fee wanted, and if you throw in nani & de gea which madrid reportably want..its not a far way off

ballinaman

Is tax not something like 66% for top earners in England? PSG could pay him serious cash if its money he's after

gallsman

Quote from: ballinaman on January 02, 2013, 11:37:53 AM
Is tax not something like 66% for top earners in England? PSG could pay him serious cash if its money he's after

Hollande's 75% wealth tax (they'll find a way to make it work) would seriously hurt even clubs with the cash of PSG for someone like Ronaldo.

EC Unique

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 02, 2013, 10:34:56 AM
Was Ronaldo not looking for 1 million/month recently?  Only City could pay that.

I thought Rooney was on 250k a week? Ronaldo would make the club serious money in jersey sales and image rights. If he wants to go back to UTD I am sure a way could be found to make it happen but I still think he will sign a massive new contract with Real.

magpie seanie

United to win the title, Fergie to retire, Mourinho and Ronaldo to Old Trafford.

Sure why not?

EC Unique

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 02, 2013, 03:09:45 PM
United to win the title, Fergie to retire, Mourinho and Ronaldo to Old Trafford.

Sure why not?

Fergie will do another season or 2 yet. Not sure I would want Mourinho to be honest.

rodney trotter

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 02, 2013, 03:09:45 PM

Sure why not?

Ah year sure its that simple. One of the reasons Ronaldo left for Madrid along with being a top club - was for the better climate in Spain.

Not waking up to the wet and cold in Manchester. He is obviously trying to get a new deal at Madrid.

snoopdog

i cant see Ronaldo back at United, as much as id love to see it.
But money might not be a major issue.
United are supposedly in discussions with Nike on a new kit deal reportedly worth 1 billion GBP. Nike sponsor Ronaldo, how much of that 1 billion could they recoup by giving united a sweetner for Ronaldo, the jersey sales with ronaldo no 7 on the back would be massive. Sorry Valencia you wont need the Jersey if the golden one returns.

rodney trotter

Fergie is staying on for another 2 years. http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/What-The-Papers-Say/2013/Jan/papers-sir-alex-ferguson-plans-to-stay-at-manchester-united-for-two-more-years.aspx

Mourinho will be leaving Real in the summer and Pep Guardiola will probaly have a new job in the summer. Be wishful thinking hoping they are available in 2 years time.

ross4life

Providing his health keeps good Fergie should do another few years. His consistency over the last 30 years in management is 2nd to none & his will to win, desire to succeed is as good as ever.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

magpie seanie

I was only messing earlier by the way. Just made something up and stuck it down - the way the papers and losts of fans carry on! Can't see Ronaldo back at United ever.

rossie mad

ballinaman

Shaping up to be a decent game. Love watching Kagawa, say he's a bastid to play against.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ballinaman on January 05, 2013, 05:44:50 PM
Shaping up to be a decent game. Love watching Kagawa, say he's a bastid to play against.

Yeah proper cup tie. Could go either way
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea