Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flantheman82

Kaka rumoured to be on his way to old Trafford as soon as modric completes his transfer.

flantheman82

Can't see it myself to be honest. Think he'll go back to a.c. Milan if anywhere.

Over the Bar

Don't need Kaka when we have Kagawa and Cleverly. We do need cover at FB and CB

stew

I'd say fergie is indeed succession planning at this stage, the lazy thinking would be that it is a shoe in that the special one is coming to town, my thought would be a home grown man to take charge like MON.

I will be surprised if he does not stay until RVP is done, or at least starts to fall off performance, this is his twilight years and a lot of fans will be glad to be shot of him because they equate him with being the driving force behind United, personally speaking, I think they will get it right and get the right man to replace him.

Best manager ever, Fergie, take a bow, horrible hoor but a shade above Busby, Fagan, Paisley and Shankley.

At least those men were likeable, Fergie is a polarizing figure!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

Quote from: stew on August 20, 2012, 03:19:59 AM
I'd say fergie is indeed succession planning at this stage, the lazy thinking would be that it is a shoe in that the special one is coming to town, my thought would be a home grown man to take charge like MON.

I will be surprised if he does not stay until RVP is done, or at least starts to fall off performance, this is his twilight years and a lot of fans will be glad to be shot of him because they equate him with being the driving force behind United, personally speaking, I think they will get it right and get the right man to replace him.

Best manager ever, Fergie, take a bow, horrible hoor but a shade above Busby, Fagan, Paisley and Shankley.

At least those men were likeable, Fergie is a polarizing figure!

I think that's very unfair. Different times. The hatred that exists today between supporters of different clubs wasn't around to any comparable level when those others were managing. Actually don't think Fagan deserves mention on that list - Clough for one would have achieved way more in my book.

stew

I forgot about Clough, absolutely top class manager but make no mistake, Fagan deserves to be on there, clough was also great because of his sidekick, Fergie never needed any particular assistant coach.

As for Fergie, he is a driven manager who has had a remarkable career, that said, him and Wegner are the two worst carns out there for crying about the ref's and for having double standards when it comes to fouls, penalties, cards etc.

Fagan was only the manager for a couple of years but in that time he won I believe the league and European cup as well as the old League cup and he was manager of the year in 1984, part of his greatness was that he successfully kept the Liverpool juggernaut going in the right direction as a transitional manager, he was never going to be a long term manager there.

EC Unique

Buttner, a Dutch defender, is currently in Manchester for medical. Know nothing about him. Supposed to be cover for Evra.

Looking forward to sofa time tonight, will RVP start?

magpie seanie

Quote from: EC Unique on August 20, 2012, 04:57:52 PM
Buttner, a Dutch defender, is currently in Manchester for medical. Know nothing about him. Supposed to be cover for Evra.

Apparently he just missed out on the Dutch squad for the Euro's, played with Vitesse Arnhem but that's all I know.

Don't think RVP will start.

From the Bunker

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 20, 2012, 05:00:28 PM

Apparently he just missed out on the Dutch squad for the Euro's, played with Vitesse Arnhem but that's all I know.

Probably not, if he had done pre-season, yes. But with him just a couple of days outta London, Fergie may give him time to settle.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 20, 2012, 05:00:28 PM

Evra is shite, United need to move him more then they needed shot of Park.

fearbrags

G
1David De Gea
D
15Nemanja Vidic
D
16Michael Carrick
D
3Patrice Evra
D
7Antonio Valencia
M
23Tom Cleverley
M
22Paul Scholes
M
10Wayne Rooney
M
17Nani
F
19Danny Welbeck
F
26Shinji Kagawa

laoislad

Jeez that United jersey really is bad.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Christmas Lights

any links for this game?

Farrandeelin

Any links/streams at all? I've been pushed out of the living room to cater for the Rose of Tralee. ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 20, 2012, 08:24:00 PM
Any links/streams at all? I've been pushed out of the living room to cater for the Rose of Tralee. ::)
Firstrow sports has a few...