Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: ross4life on March 15, 2012, 08:07:04 PM
It has to end some day, hasn't it..?
All good things must come to end no doubt you'll be hoping sooner rather than later. Dinny i disagree about your opinion on the strength of the current United squad but i agree once Fergie walks out the door the only way is down.

The replacement of Fergie will be impossible, could end up a more poisoned chalice than the Chelsea job. The main thing the club would have to do is move Fergie away from the club, an ambassidor role but not upstairs. That's one thing about Wenger if he went in the summer, the pressure for the next man coming in would be less. Anyway Fergie is still the top man, so all of this means nothing at the moment!

EC Unique

Quote from: Gazzler on March 15, 2012, 07:41:16 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 15, 2012, 07:35:07 PM
Happy enough with this. All efforts on number 20 now.
Your happy enough to see the team you claim to support get tore a new one in Europe by a team 30plus points behind the leaders in their league?
Most fans I know hate seeing their team lose whatever the tournament as I'd say most die hard United fans would hate this tonight.

You are wrong. Most 'die hard' UTD fans see the bigger picture of the PL. They know that UTD have a better chance of winning the PL if they do not have the distraction of Thursday night football in God knows where. They also know that if fergie really wanted to be in the next round he would be in it. The Europa league is not for Manchester United.

gallsman

Quote from: EC Unique on March 15, 2012, 08:41:43 PM
Your happy enough to see the team you claim to support get tore a new one in Europe by a team 30plus points behind the leaders in their league?
Most fans I know hate seeing their team lose whatever the tournament as I'd say most die hard United fans would hate this tonight.

You are wrong. Most 'die hard' UTD fans see the bigger picture of the PL. They know that UTD have a better chance of winning the PL if they do not have the distraction of Thursday night football in God knows where. They also know that if fergie really wanted to be in the next round he would be in it. The Europa league is not for Manchester United.

What utter pish! They got absolutely humbled an demolished over both legs. Catch yourself on.

Gazzler

;D

Carmen Stateside

Really? :D

Captain Obvious

Quote from: gallsman on March 15, 2012, 08:44:17 PM

What utter pish! They got absolutely humbled an demolished over both legs. Catch yourself on.

I wonder what excuses the City fans will use? getting humbled by a side of less ability.

rossie mad

Without a doubt the most stupidest thing i have ever read on this board.

Calling you an idiot would be an insult to idiots.

ross4life

European football eh? In the last round Man City comfortably knocked out the best team in Portugal. tonight down 0-3 to the 4th best in Portugal.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Minder

The same way Utd getting schooled by Barcelona in 2009 would never happen again if Fergie got another chance at Barcelona, according to you.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 15, 2012, 08:55:52 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 15, 2012, 08:44:17 PM

I wonder what excuses the City fans will use? getting humbled by a side of less ability.

PISH, PASH, POOH! If Fergie did not give a monkeys, what the sh*te was Rooney doing on the pitch for the two legs? Truth is they have been shown up by a team who showed them no respect, just like all the other (average) European teams this season! The reality is that the Glazier tw*ts are milking the club of spending big on Big Players and Fergie Genius and under thumb tactics with the English FA are keeping an average group of players well above water (in the Premiership).

mountainboii

Quote from: rossie mad on March 15, 2012, 08:57:49 PM
Without a doubt the most stupidest thing i have ever read on this board.

Some clowns on this board alright. Do ya remember the lad that posted this one not too long ago?

QuoteNo actually my belief.I believe that the fourth spot in the epl will be between liverpool and man utd and ferguson knows this so he asks for one of his opponents best players to be punished harshly without proper evidence.

EC Unique

Motivation is a word some of you lot should study ::)

From the Bunker

Quote from: EC Unique on March 15, 2012, 09:44:03 PM
Motivation is a word some of you lot should study ::)

Clearly Bilbao were not lacking in Motivation tonight!

Jonah

Are you 12?

imtommygunn

Quote from: EC Unique on March 15, 2012, 07:50:40 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 15, 2012, 07:35:59 PM
Should be be 6 or 7 to AB.

Utd are awful. Is their EPL form the final death rattle of a great team in decline?

Ah now dinny. How many times now have we heard the UTD are done statements. You should know better. UTD will win the PL, strengthen the squad in the summer and kick on from there.

Once City win once I think they will go on to dominate. I don't think it will be this year mind.

United have been shown up to be average in europe this year. They are getting worse but it's just that the rest of english football is getting worse that takes the bad look of it. It was very predictable that some people would say when they were beat that they didn't want to win it anyway.

If they win the league it will be Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs who will have pulled them over the line. There's not much life left in them two boys though. The quality of the guys coming through is not near that of the guys coming to the end of their days.

I also think that United would be doing considerably better this year if they played Berbatov a lot more. Hernandez looked lethal last year but isn't looking like that this year at all.