Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Meant to add, watch out for the Athletic no. 19 Iker Muniain.  Only 19, just broken into the Spanish senior side, he's going to be a cracker!

Bingo

The major difference between Uniteds domestic and european form is the approach of the opposition. When premiership teams come to Old Trafford or play United, they don't have the balls to take on United and are behind before they take to the pitch, its damage limitation or we'll try and hit them on the break. In Europe, they seem to come with nothing to lose and to get at United.

It happened in the past with Liverpool, Arsenal and you'll see it with City now. If allow United the ball they'll beat you easily. Of course domestic teams struggle when they have the ball and are more comfortable without it, european teams are a step above with the ball.

ross4life

Quote from: gawa316 on March 09, 2012, 07:16:33 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 09, 2012, 12:11:08 AM
No complaints from this Utd fan on the result. Best team won hands down imo. Lucky to only be 1 goal behind. But wtf was Rafael at? I presume he'll have already got thevhair-dryer treatment from Fergie.

Couldn't believe what I was seeing there, he was a good 15 yards ahead of Muniain yet didn't bother his ass. All he had to do was run over and clear the ball, there is no way Muniain should've got near the ball.

Any official word on the evra freekick? Is it a rule that you have to have 2 boots on to play?

Carrick on the goal.

"Their (third) goal was a strange one," he said. "The referee had told us they were kicking it back to us, so we stopped and they scored. Then obviously we got the penalty straight back, but theirs counts for a little bit more, being the away goal."

The 2nd goal was slightly offside as well but they fully deserved at least 3 goals last night it was Barca like the way Athletic retained the ball i knew before hand how good they were & listening to Fergie's interviews pre-match so did he but a midfield of Park,Giggs,Jones was never going to beat them.

The PL hasn't been the best in Europe since 2008 it was dropped significantly these last four years but while it's no where near the level of Spain now it's still on par if not better than other top leagues Europe.

On another note Vidic was watching on last night how United could do with his leadership! since the turn of the year United have only kept 3 clean sheets v Stoke,Bolton at home & Ajax away.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

BennyCake

I hope Vidic isnt coming back anytime soon. He's a liability. Jonny Evans has come into a bit of form too at the minute, and could well be his long term replacement.

Captain Obvious

That's like saying John Terry is liability for Chelsea and David Luiz will be his long term replacement.

BennyCake

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 09, 2012, 04:59:47 PM
That's like saying John Terry is liability for Chelsea and David Luiz will be his long term replacement.

In my opinion, Terry has become a liability for Chelsea - on and off the pitch.

And I didn't say Evans will be Vidic's replacement. I said he could well be his replacement. There's a difference.

ross4life

West Brom at home tomorrow, last season United won 18 of their 19 home games only for West Brom (or be VDS mistake) it would have been a perfect home run. They are in good form at the moment you have to go back two months since away defeat.

11 games to go this would be considered one of the easier fixtures so will be a disappointment if United don't pick up maximum points.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

Man Utd: De Gea, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Young, Carrick, Scholes, Welbeck, Rooney, Hernandez. Subs: Amos, Berbatov, Giggs, Park, Rafael Da Silva, Cleverley, Pogba.

Welbeck, Rooney and Hernandez all start with Berbatov on the bench. A very attacking line up!

midLouth

EC Unique

EC Unique

2-0. Rooney pen. Swansea holding city 0-0 and missed a pen!

EC Unique

City beat 1-0. UTD top ;D

The Worker

fergie to retire at end of the season if he wins league? or will he want to give the champions league another stab?

ballinaman

Squeaky bum time......  ;D

From the Bunker

Quote from: EC Unique on March 11, 2012, 03:54:40 PM
City beat 1-0. UTD top ;D

Bad time for City to lose top spot, Utd love having their nose in front at this time of the year!