Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: screenexile on February 16, 2012, 08:57:58 PM
Much better to be a Utd hero . . .

::) ::) ::)

It's ok, you're only allowed simultaneously be a sc**bag and a hero at United! Suarez was adored by Ajax fans. Banged in lots of goals and ended up as captain.

As said it's a win-win situation for United, if they get knocked out nobody (except Ferguson maybe) will actually care all that much.

ross4life

Winning the league with so many injuries would be achievement but not "unbelievable".
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

J70

Quote from: EC Unique on February 16, 2012, 10:38:50 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 16, 2012, 10:27:12 PM
Quote from: rossie mad on February 16, 2012, 10:22:23 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 16, 2012, 08:35:13 PM
FT 0-2 Utd win.
Cleverley played 60 mins.  ;D

The hustle and bustle of the europa league must suit better.

Almost full strength side out for manure (contrary to what we were told) what happens when they get to semis will the die hard fans on this thread  ::) be routing for a cup win or will they still class it as a worthless cup.
Whatever happens the PR brigade will make sure it suits themselves and all logic will be safely brushed under the carpet.

They can't lose, if Utd get knocked out it will be "thank fcuk, now we can concentrate on number 20", of they win it will be an "unbelievable achievement".
;D. Don't think it will ever be considered an 'unbelievable achievement'

My opinion is that Utd have 2 things left to win. The PL is by far the most important. If both can be won well and good but if competing in EL means injuries like valencia tonight I would rather be out of it.

What would Liverpool fans put higher at this stage... Top 4 or cup success?

Top 4 without question.

However, having got to the league cup final, it would be inexcusable for the club to lose to Cardiff.

From the Bunker

Quote from: screenexile on February 16, 2012, 08:57:58 PM
Much better to be a Utd hero . . .

::) ::) ::)

In an interview last year, Cantona the three-time Premier League winner showed no sense of remorse - but then who was ever expecting any? - and he said of the event that his only regret was 'not hitting him harder'.

Keane admitted in his book that he set out to injure Haaland that day: 'I'd waited long enough. I f****** hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you c***.

'And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries. Even in the dressing room afterwards, I had no remorse. My attitude was, f*** him.

EC Unique

It's that mentality that made them they players there were. 2 of the greatest the world has seen.

From the Bunker

Quote from: EC Unique on February 17, 2012, 05:53:09 PM
It's that mentality that made them they players there were. 2 of the greatest the world has seen.

The point is not the mentality, it is that they showed no remorse for what they did. We have had people on here for the ast week looking for remorse from players from other teams, but are blinded as to the non apologetic remorse from their own players!

Do as we say but don't do as we do!

DOUBLE STANDARDS!

Minder

Man Utd world, no doubt.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 17, 2012, 07:26:43 PM

The point is not the mentality, it is that they showed no remorse for what they did. We have had people on here for the ast week looking for remorse from players from other teams, but are blinded as to the non apologetic remorse from their own players!

DOUBLE STANDARDS!

Cantona and Keane will long be remembered after saurez is forgotten.  Both of them were arrogant and Keane in particular was aggressive. I would never have expected either of them to show remorse. It was/is not their character. It is also not in saurez's character to appoligise for what he has done. At least the other 2 admit and accept what they done.

From the Bunker

Quote from: EC Unique on February 17, 2012, 07:53:41 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 17, 2012, 07:26:43 PM

DOUBLE STANDARDS!

Cantona and Keane will long be remembered after saurez is forgotten.  Both of them were arrogant and Keane in particular was aggressive. I would never have expected either of them to show remorse. It was/is not their character. It is also not in saurez's character to appoligise for what he has done. At least the other 2 admit and accept what they done.

Cantona and Keane will long be remembered after saurez is forgotten.  Time will tell, who knows?

Both of them were arrogant and Keane in particular was aggressive. Sounds LIKE Suarez!

I would never have expected either of them to show remorse. Sounds LIKE Suarez.

It was/is not their character. Sounds LIKE Suarez.

It is also not in saurez's character to appoligise for what he has done. Ditto for the two Lads.

At least the other 2 admit and accept what they done. Sounds LIKE Suarez.

Farrandeelin

Comparing Suarez to Cantona and Keane... What next?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

The Worker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 17, 2012, 08:56:43 PM

Exactly!

both cantona and keane are renowned as traitors in their home country, suarez is seen as a hero in his.

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Worker on February 17, 2012, 09:06:34 PM

Exactly!

both cantona and keane are renowned as traitors in their home country, suarez is seen as a hero in his.

Beat me to it!

spuds

Quote from: The Worker on February 17, 2012, 09:06:34 PM

Exactly!

Great retort !
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Gazzler

Truth be told if Keane or Cantona had played for Liverpool and commited those acts the United fans would hate them the same way they hate Suarez now. And if Suarez played for United the United fans would love him.
Such a fine line in between being hated and being a hero.

Captain Obvious

Truth be told if Keane or Cantona had played for Liverpool instead of United they wouldn't have won all those trophies,awards to make them heroes.