Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Shrewdness on August 14, 2011, 06:22:02 PM
Lucky win in the end, but at the end of the day, you make your own luck in football.
At least United always do. Why is it that opponents are literally forming a line to score own goals for us, and it's not as if we need any help scoring goals  ::).

By the way, why does Liverpool's result make it United's to lose now. We're not in the same league when it comes to title aspirations.

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 14, 2011, 07:02:26 PM
The winning goal for United was very similar to one WBA got against United last season. These things even themselves out over time.... - do you like that one as well Dinny??!!!!!

DeGea will be ok. He's only 20 and the Prem is a completely different league than the one he did so well in up to this.

Sure it was a game of two halves and goals win games...

De Gea if left alone will be fine but another mistake and the pressure from the media for him to fail will intensify, sicken your hole...
#newbridgeornowhere

magpie seanie

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 14, 2011, 07:55:26 PM
The winning goal for United was very similar to one WBA got against United last season. These things even themselves out over time.... - do you like that one as well Dinny??!!!!!

DeGea will be ok. He's only 20 and the Prem is a completely different league than the one he did so well in up to this.

De Gea if left alone will be fine but another mistake and the pressure from the media for him to fail will intensify, sicken your hole...

Nail on the head there.  I remembered Schmeichel's hairy enough start and Fergie mentioned it today also but there was nowhere near the intensity of scrutiny back then.

J OGorman

Quote from: new devil on August 14, 2011, 04:18:06 PM
Quote from: The Worker on August 14, 2011, 11:50:44 AM
Quote from: new devil on August 14, 2011, 10:15:34 AM
Just over 5 hours away until the champs get there season underway...hope to see Cleaverly start to see how he can stick the hustle and bustle of the premiership...

he played last season on loan at wigan, in case you were unaware.

I'm talking from a United point of view he hasn't...bit of a difference playing midfield for Wigan and united...

Lest you forget rule 19 subsection 2b !

magpie seanie

To be fair to newdevil there is a world of difference playing centre mid for United as opposed to Wigan. I'm fairly sure ye all knew thats what he meant.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 14, 2011, 10:39:54 PM
To be fair to newdevil there is a world of difference playing centre mid for United as opposed to Wigan. I'm fairly sure ye all knew thats what he meant.

Yes I'm sure that's what he meant.

EC Unique

Good 3 points. Not worried about centre backs as we have good cover there. Good to get 3 points with other title challangers arsenal and Chelsea dropping points. Hardly be as lucky with city tomorrow.

4father

Dinny Breen

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 14, 2011, 10:11:25 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 14, 2011, 07:55:26 PM

Nail on the head there.  I remembered Schmeichel's hairy enough start and Fergie mentioned it today also but there was nowhere near the intensity of scrutiny back then.

We could just right their shit articles for them

The Guardian
#newbridgeornowhere

ballinaman

Ferdinand will struggle to get his starting place back after 6 weeks out.

EC Unique

Quote from: 4father on August 14, 2011, 11:31:17 PM
Good cover?  as in?

Smalling, Jones and Evans can all do a job there.

AZOffaly

Is Smalling not playing? He's the heir apparent to Ferdinanad anyway I'd have thought.

4father

Quote from: EC Unique on August 15, 2011, 10:24:25 AM
Good cover?  as in?

Smalling is a good player and a good replacement, Jones is largely untested and inexperienced and Evans is the most over-rated player I have ever seen.  Disastrous season last year.

snoopdog

Quote from: 4father on August 15, 2011, 02:48:41 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 15, 2011, 10:24:25 AM
Good cover?  as in?

Smalling is a good player and a good replacement, Jones is largely untested and inexperienced and Evans is the most over-rated player I have ever seen.  Disastrous season last year.

Evans was solid yesterday and did well last weekend also.
give the lad a break he had one poor season. He haqs put in some solid displays for United. all players go through a poor patch.
Evra was poor last season IMO but i dont see him being slated.

ross4life

Evans for me is still a bit light weight for a centre back & few weeks doing weight training would work wonders for him De Gea is another guy that needs to bulk up.

Rio will turn 33 in November & continues to be injury prone if United get 20-25 games out of him this season they will be doing well.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open