Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: AustinPowers on August 22, 2023, 04:30:04 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on August 22, 2023, 10:47:17 AM
Quote from: AustinPowers on August 22, 2023, 10:41:10 AM
Last time I heard  Greenwood  hadn't been convicted of anything . His girlfriend  recorded something that  put his  freedom and career in jeopardy, yet she's now married  to him and expecting his child?  Call me cynical , but why  would she want to stay with him  if he's so  bad (convicted or not) , and why would he want to stay with her after  her recording  basically ruined him?

I'm not saying it  was right or wrong to keep him , but it seems united  bowed down to a few  protestors and turfed  him out.  If his gf seemingly has forgiven him , the courts have  clearly not enough evidence to convict him , then  why shouldn't United have kept  him?

Stockholm syndrome - Would suggest reading about that. Also pressure on her from her family, her Dad came out defending Greenwood as soon as it happened, tr**p of a dad. Girl has been pressured into dropping the charges and staying with her abuser so her family can live a comfortable life £££.

Hoping for a Tomori brexit tackle, looking like Italy the most likely destination for Greenwood. Roma interested

I know what  Stockholm syndrome is.

You can speculate about  her/her family's motives  about staying with greenwood,  but at the end of the day ,  if he hasn't been  convicted of anything, and she is (seemingly) happy/deluded/naive enough  (delete as appropriate) to stay with him , have his children, then  that implies she  doesn't have a problem  with  him and what he  allegedly did. So , why should   You or anyone  else have a problem  with it? The person that matters most is his partner , so that  should be the  end of it
Her reaction has nothing to do with it. His actions were his actions. Videoed to remove doubt. If you're fine with those actions just because she's happy to forgive then so be it. For me, he's still a c**t.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

johnnycool

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 22, 2023, 09:26:21 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on August 22, 2023, 04:30:04 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on August 22, 2023, 10:47:17 AM
Last time I heard  Greenwood  hadn't been convicted of anything . His girlfriend  recorded something that  put his  freedom and career in jeopardy, yet she's now married  to him and expecting his child?  Call me cynical , but why  would she want to stay with him  if he's so  bad (convicted or not) , and why would he want to stay with her after  her recording  basically ruined him?

I'm not saying it  was right or wrong to keep him , but it seems united  bowed down to a few  protestors and turfed  him out.  If his gf seemingly has forgiven him , the courts have  clearly not enough evidence to convict him , then  why shouldn't United have kept  him?

Stockholm syndrome - Would suggest reading about that. Also pressure on her from her family, her Dad came out defending Greenwood as soon as it happened, tr**p of a dad. Girl has been pressured into dropping the charges and staying with her abuser so her family can live a comfortable life £££.

Hoping for a Tomori brexit tackle, looking like Italy the most likely destination for Greenwood. Roma interested

I know what  Stockholm syndrome is.

You can speculate about  her/her family's motives  about staying with greenwood,  but at the end of the day ,  if he hasn't been  convicted of anything, and she is (seemingly) happy/deluded/naive enough  (delete as appropriate) to stay with him , have his children, then  that implies she  doesn't have a problem  with  him and what he  allegedly did. So , why should   You or anyone  else have a problem  with it? The person that matters most is his partner , so that  should be the  end of it
Her reaction has nothing to do with it. His actions were his actions. Videoed to remove doubt. If you're fine with those actions just because she's happy to forgive then so be it. For me, he's still a c**t.

Lets be clear on this, Man U tested the water on having him stay, it wasn't good, the brand would have taken a battering, financially and otherwise hence why they are now trying to sell or loan him out;

This is dancing on the head of a pin too;

"Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged. That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for."

NAG1

Genuinely what did people expect?

There was no good going to come of this situation for any of the sides involved.

It was a sh*t sandwich from day one and everyone had to take a bite.

He is out of the club now, will receive a pay off I'm sure and everyone moves on.

But for the likes of Rachel Riley to try to dictate to anyone what they should do, highlights the ridiculous nature of SM and perceived power some of these celebs think that they have.

Bord na Mona man

Once the photos and recordings came out, Greenwood was a goner. It was very naïve of the club hierarchy who thought he could be re-integrated into the squad at some future point.
The Paddy Jackson case is a prime example of legal clearance being insufficient to clear the smoke surrounding the incident.

Captain Scarlet

Never mind Rachel, some lad who works a few weekend shifts on FM104 DECLARED he would no longer support Unuted...
What planet are some people on. I used to be obsessed with United but as an adult I treat it like light entertainment.

I've enough hardship being really emotionally invested in club and County.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: NAG1 on August 23, 2023, 10:21:57 AM

There was no good going to come of this situation for any of the sides involved.

He is out of the club now, will receive a pay off I'm sure and everyone moves on.

But for the likes of Rachel Riley to try to dictate to anyone what they should do, highlights the ridiculous nature of SM and perceived power some of these celebs think that they have.

In the world we live in now celebs do wield some power in terms of their voices being heard by the masses, and the financial knock on effect that could have for the club.  Although Riley does not have a massive Instagram following by comparison to some, 1 negative message from her would be seen by 500k people. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Mourne Red

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on August 23, 2023, 11:07:37 AM

In the world we live in now celebs do wield some power in terms of their voices being heard by the masses, and the financial knock on effect that could have for the club.  Although Riley does not have a massive Instagram following by comparison to some, 1 negative message from her would be seen by 500k people.

Riley would have just called United Anti-Semitic if they hadn't got rid of Greenwood - Her usual go too cancel culture action

Milltown Row2

People, mainly kids and some daft adults are totally influenced by famous people/celebs/actors/reality tv/ and random tiktokers in their everyday life and actually can't think for themselves or do some research

When my adult college/degree kids start a sentence with "this guy/woman on Ticktock" I leave the room before I say something

This case is a no brainer, though, the lad has made his own bed and should lie in it. The Jackson case will be an example of how people want to 'fix' things when it doesn't go their way, regardless of whether they knew about the case or not
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ClubScene13

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 23, 2023, 10:50:08 AM
Never mind Rachel, some lad who works a few weekend shifts on FM104 DECLARED he would no longer support Unuted...
What planet are some people on. I used to be obsessed with United but as an adult I treat it like light entertainment.

Couldn't agree more Scarlet. How little I care now in comparison to club & county has never been a bigger gap. These boys are on 200k a week across the water, the 2 big teams are soon to be Manchester City & Newcastle who nobody in Ireland supports, what is the point?
The champions league and the World Cup are getting tinkered with all the time, the Saudi's are in kicking up a storm, you've got Chelsea firing money at everything - the game is totally gone. A United defeat would once have put me in bad form - I genuinely get over it immediately these days.
It's the man who grew up in England I feel sorry for - they don't know any better. If the highlight of my weekend was that sh*te rather than heading down to see the club play it would be a miserable existance.

AustinPowers

Quote from: ClubScene13 on August 23, 2023, 12:12:27 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 23, 2023, 10:50:08 AM

Couldn't agree more Scarlet. How little I care now in comparison to club & county has never been a bigger gap. These boys are on 200k a week across the water, the 2 big teams are soon to be Manchester City & Newcastle who nobody in Ireland supports, what is the point?
The champions league and the World Cup are getting tinkered with all the time, the Saudi's are in kicking up a storm, you've got Chelsea firing money at everything - the game is totally gone. A United defeat would once have put me in bad form - I genuinely get over it immediately these days.
It's the man who grew up in England I feel sorry for - they don't know any better. If the highlight of my weekend was that sh*te rather than heading down to see the club play it would be a miserable existance.

Yeah , totally gone

It's not even the  wages.  I just can't get  excited about it anymore.  The  transfer talk  back in the day was great craic .  Now it's  Sanchez from  Peru   and  Hwang from Korea.  Who the feck are these players?  There's no connection to anything local  or even national.  My aul fella used to say ,  frig sake sure none of those Man U players are even from  Manchester. Now it's , none of those Man U players are  even from England. Or Britain.  Or Europe!

Maybe  it's growing  up, or maybe it's being a United fan  is part of it.  I just can't  connect or  get excited about  any of them.  None of them seem  to give a toss.  I used to love the  80's/90's team : Bruce , Schmeichel, Hughes, Cantona ,  Irwin, Keane Robson , Moran , McGrath etc.  Proper  men who got stuck in.

Like you , you  darent have  looked at me for a day or two  after a defeat . Now I really don't  give one frig

Then there's the  big competitions and oil money......

Captain Obvious

Absolutely very much highlights the ridiculous nature of it however it's only going to get worse.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2023, 11:37:12 AM
People, mainly kids and some daft adults are totally influenced by famous people/celebs/actors/reality tv/ and random tiktokers in their everyday life and actually can't think for themselves or do some research

When my adult college/degree kids start a sentence with "this guy/woman on Ticktock" I leave the room before I say something

The younger generation can't seem to live without their social media influencers.  There is Lifestyle,travel,fashion,beauty,fitness,entertainment,Sport,Tech etc influencers that people religiously follows.  The world is becoming more like that 2006 movie idiocracy.

Joeythelips

If this was a standard employee of united's they would be gone the same day, but because its someone they see as an asset who affects their balance sheet they were hoping to get the most out of the money they invested in developing his career to date. Really they could not care less about him or his alleged victim.

His partner released the evidence into the public domain, if there is some alternative explanation for what we all saw and heard then surely he would do his upmost to get that out there. He was not convicted as the charges were dropped, the Crown Prosecution Service said key witnesses had withdrawn and new material had come to light, meaning there was "no longer a realistic prospect of conviction".

I wonder what charities who deal regularly with domestic abuse or the police force would say about a victim withdrawing a statement against their abuser. I would imagine its extremely common and hence why people are not so quick to let Greenwood or United sweep it away and move on.

NAG1

Amrabat who seems to have been a target of ETH has been given a deadline of Friday to sort out his future by Fiorentina.

Dosnt look like they are going to be in a position to make it happen though, having to shift players out before more incoming.

Donny, Maguire and McT all surplus to requirement but all seemingly proving difficult to shift on. Donny might be the first out the door.

Looking like it is going to be a window or two more before the manager gets the squad he wants.

AustinPowers

Quote from: NAG1 on August 24, 2023, 09:07:20 AM
Amrabat who seems to have been a target of ETH has been given a deadline of Friday to sort out his future by Fiorentina.

Dosnt look like they are going to be in a position to make it happen though, having to shift players out before more incoming.

Donny, Maguire and McT all surplus to requirement but all seemingly proving difficult to shift on. Donny might be the first out the door.

Looking like it is going to be a window or two more before the manager gets the squad he wants.

I don't think he'll get  the 2 windows . I think he will be gone  by this time next year.  There is deadwood to shift from  previous managers yes  , but  he's brought  in some himself. Eriksen isn't really  being played  right  , Mount will be a  flop , as is the  jack Russell , Antony.  And 70m on  a goal shy striker seems  bonkers.   There's nobody there  that you can say will  drag United out of  this mediocrity .

snoopdog

At the minute McT is now vital. We can't control midfield. McT is more important than Mount. McT needs too start to try and get some control. He ain't longterm  but utd need to start performing.  Can't buy without selling. And no one wants the players for sale.  Who wants a lada when u can get a bmw somewhere else for cheaper.