Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Great goal from Ronaldo in what was another abject performance from Utd. The new manager has a massive job on his hands to try and turn this around.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Ghost on April 28, 2022, 10:11:56 PM
Great goal from Ronaldo in what was another abject performance from Utd. The new manager has a massive job on his hands to try and turn this around.

Compared to recent games at least a bit of effort was given 2nd half. A more clinical Chelsea would have that game wrapped by half time. Uniteds last 9 goals, 8 from Ronaldo  and one from Fred.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: laoislad on April 29, 2022, 06:21:54 AM

The oul 'the first and last letters are the same trick'.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Louther

Modern Man Utd summed up perfectly last night.

All talk of protests and walk outs. United playing well and winning, so they all stay in and sing away to create an actual decent atmosphere for the last 15 minutes instead of leaving the place empty. Judging by sky cameras even the ones with banners stayed in. And don't get me started on the ejits wearing green/gold scarves. Seemingly wearing them is enough to show you want the Glazers out and you only wear them when results go bad.

Easy win. Amazing how a team can suddenly play well when the pressure off. Players looked delighted with their home send off. Except Lingard of course who family are disgusted he never got on to wave good bye to Old Trafford.

After this season they should have all been embarrassed and apologizing rather than taking a lap.

RedHand88

Bad state of affairs when united are 4 nil down to Brighton and nobody even cares to acknowledge it!

gawa316

Did Utd fans stop caring about Liverpool results in when we were tripe?

laoislad

The funny thing is it's not even a shock result.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Scarlet

I think it was Brighton's third goal where not one midfielder had tracked any runs or were in picture when it was rolled in.
Then you have English pundits talking about how Rashford and Maguire need coaching? Now, that is true up to a point but some of their basic errors are beyond a joke.

Pogba would be great for City from a United point of view.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Armagh18

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on May 09, 2022, 02:26:19 PM
I think it was Brighton's third goal where not one midfielder had tracked any runs or were in picture when it was rolled in.
Then you have English pundits talking about how Rashford and Maguire need coaching? Now, that is true up to a point but some of their basic errors are beyond a joke.

He could go there and be class. I'd say all these "injuries" would dry up too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 09, 2022, 02:29:14 PM

But would he track players, chase down players and be part of a team? Christ I put more effort into having a crap than he does on the pitch
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

There has been little to no evidence over the past 5 years that Pogba is willing to play a defined role as part of a team. Indeed his previously erratic form nosedived when Fernandes came in and hit the ground running thereby lessening the fans/media attention on him, then fell off the cliff completely when the Ronaldo PR circus landed in town.

There are clubs and managers who could likely get him back to the erratic but occasionally unplayable form of his earlier United career. But I don't believe a star studded but hardworking Guardiola side would be one of those.

J70

If he'd any sense, he'd give Conte a ring. Did very well for him before at Juve. But then Levy won't pay him the fortune PSG will.

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 09, 2022, 02:30:44 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 09, 2022, 02:29:14 PM

But would he track players, chase down players and be part of a team? Christ I put more effort into having a crap than he does on the pitch

Pep wouldn't give him 5mins in that City team. The best teams are the hardest workers. Pogba is a complete fraud. What a waste of talent.

johnnycool

Brighton are all United aren't.

Organised and willing to put the runs and tackles in.

And then ability kicks in.