Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: screenexile on March 15, 2017, 02:11:24 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on March 15, 2017, 02:05:30 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 15, 2017, 01:52:32 PM
As much as it pains me to agree with Bomber... until the sending off Hazard was targeted and systematically fouled. There were at least 4 fouls and an advantage before Herrera kicked him which happened after 35 minutes!

As has already been mentioned the referee has discretion to hand out a card for what he deems targeting a player which he did.

The fact that Hazard wasn't fouled much after this incident is a moot point. The referee was correct in the first instance and the fact United players didn't foul Hazard much shows the referee giving good protection to players as is his job!!!

No it shows that there was more space for Hazard to operate in after the red card and less players able to close the space down for him and the other Chelsea attackers.

Either way he wasn't fouled as much after the red card so job done!

Even though the red card was given in error?

You can put your spoon away now SE

screenexile

Was it though? We've already established that a ref can give a card at his discretion if he thinks a team is targeting a player or systematically fouling which is clearly what happened to Herrera. The ref even warned the United captain of this about 30 seconds previous!

Throw ball

As much as it pains me to agree with Bomber... until the sending off Hazard was targeted and systematically fouled. There were at least 4 fouls and an advantage before Herrera kicked him which happened after 35 minutes!

As has already been mentioned the referee has discretion to hand out a card for what he deems targeting a player which he did.

The fact that Hazard wasn't fouled much after this incident is a moot point. The referee was correct in the first instance and the fact United players didn't foul Hazard much shows the referee giving good protection to players as is his job!!!

Hazard dives anytime someone gets near him. Being from Tyrone I can see why Bomber sided with the diver!  But for a Derry man to agree! I hope you are ashamed of yourself! 😂

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 15, 2017, 10:41:48 AM
So what if Hazard was fouled a lot by United, a player like him is always going to be fouled more than anyone else given he takes players on and is good at it. Herrera didn't deserve to be sent of for those 2 fouls especially considering they were his only 2 fouls.

You can't take anyone seriously who turns up on here giving out about United yet when the decisions go against us are nowhere to be seen.

I thought Rojo would get a ban although I can see why he's got away with it.

Herrera did deserve to be sent off, he committed three fouls actually, one of them Oliver played the advantage on which is in the video above.

It was a foul, of that there is no doubt and Oliver was within his rights to book him for it. You can argue it was harsh should you choose but I've see to see any United fan come out and admit it was unbelievable stupidity for Herrera, on a yellow, card having witnessed the referee call his captain over to talk to him about the persistent fouling of Hazard, to ten seconds later commit a needless foul in a nothing area of the pitch on the same player. If that was my team and Herrera did what he did, in the context of that situation then I would be fuming with him.

From the Bunker

Sometimes as the (so called) inferior team who have to set your stall out early on. This is not the way you play against the opposing team it is also how high you rise the bar for the referee. A weak referee can get bossed and bullied  as much as the opposing team.

NAG1

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 15, 2017, 06:51:11 PM
So what if Hazard was fouled a lot by United, a player like him is always going to be fouled more than anyone else given he takes players on and is good at it. Herrera didn't deserve to be sent of for those 2 fouls especially considering they were his only 2 fouls.

You can't take anyone seriously who turns up on here giving out about United yet when the decisions go against us are nowhere to be seen.

Herrera did deserve to be sent off, he committed three fouls actually, one of them Oliver played the advantage on which is in the video above.

It was a foul, of that there is no doubt and Oliver was within his rights to book him for it. You can argue it was harsh should you choose but I've see to see any United fan come out and admit it was unbelievable stupidity for Herrera, on a yellow, card having witnessed the referee call his captain over to talk to him about the persistent fouling of Hazard, to ten seconds later commit a needless foul in a nothing area of the pitch on the same player. If that was my team and Herrera did what he did, in the context of that situation then I would be fuming with him.

I know you are on the WU with this but the fact is there for everyone to see, the referee spoke specifically to Jones when he was referring to the number of fouls not - Herrera.

Was it the smartest decision to put it in a tackle straight after this? Maybe not
Was it a foul? Barely
Was it a yellow card? Definitely not
Was the referee weak and influenced by Hazard going over in a theatrical way? Of course he was

People gave JM stick for some of his antics along the line and rightly so, but Conte is a new level waving around imaginary cards for every tackle. Great for Chelsea fans I suppose irritating for the rest.

Anyway moving on, hopefully a bounce back performance tonight and keep moving forward.

Megaman

This i one of many things that pisses me off about soccer, english premier league in particular, It is meant to be a tough sport, a contact sport and you believe someone should be sent off for committing 3 fouls ffs.

I believe Herrera was stupid, i dont believe he should have been sent off

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Throw ball on March 15, 2017, 03:36:56 PM

Hazard dives anytime someone gets near him. Being from Tyrone I can see why Bomber sided with the diver!  But for a Derry man to agree! I hope you are ashamed of yourself! 😂

The complete opposite Hazard actually stays on his feet too much at times. When he does go down easier than required its usually after getting kicked several times and he is looking for the ref to sort it.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AZOffaly

Jaysus Norf, dunno about that. I glanced off the Telly the other night and he fell down.

booom boooom The old ones are the best.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: NAG1 on March 16, 2017, 09:03:45 AM

I know you are on the WU with this but the fact is there for everyone to see, the referee spoke specifically to Jones when he was referring to the number of fouls not - Herrera.

Was it the smartest decision to put it in a tackle straight after this? Maybe not
Was it a foul? Barely
Was the referee weak and influenced by Hazard going over in a theatrical way? Of course he was

People gave JM stick for some of his antics along the line and rightly so, but Conte is a new level waving around imaginary cards for every tackle. Great for Chelsea fans I suppose irritating for the rest.

Anyway moving on, hopefully a bounce back performance tonight and keep moving forward.
Of course it was a foul!!
you can argue it was maybe a harsh yellow, but as has already been said the referee issued a warning a matter of seconds earlier for persistent fouling, so he cant have many complaints.
The first foul was an nailed on yellow card.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

NAG1

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 16, 2017, 10:55:31 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on March 16, 2017, 09:03:45 AM

Was it a foul? Barely

Of course it was a foul!!
you can argue it was maybe a harsh yellow, but as has already been said the referee issued a warning a matter of seconds earlier for persistent fouling, so he cant have many complaints.
The first foul was an nailed on yellow card.

Too a different player......

Not going to drag it out any more its a difference of opinion so we can move it on to tonight's game.

blewuporstuffed

Really ?
I certainly cant!
Every bit as bad as Mings IMO (if anything, the intent looks even clearer) deserved a 3 game ban, particularly in light of Mings getting 5
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 16, 2017, 11:00:08 AM

Really ?
I certainly cant!
Every bit as bad as Mings IMO (if anything, the intent looks even clearer) deserved a 3 game ban, particularly in light of Mings getting 5

He got away with it because the ref said he dealt with it on the day. Strange. I think he might be feeling the guilts over Herrera

Boycey

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 16, 2017, 11:00:08 AM

Really ?
I certainly cant!

However wrong the rule is its been the same since its been brought in, retrospective bans are for incidences not seen by the referee or his assistants. If he says he's seen it, it can't be reviewed no matter how much of a horlicks he's made of dealing with it. I thought Zlatan might of got off on the same principle as the ref spent so long talking to him he must of seen something but I suppose in the furore afterwards it was easier to say he didn't see it...

As bad as Mings, have a word with yourself :)

magpie seanie

Moving on to tonight - really big game. Can't mess this up, it's too important. Zlatan will be back and it's hard to see Rashford start after the shift he put in the other night. Bailly might be back too. Something like: DeGea; Valencia, Bailly/Jones, Smalling, Rojo; Herrera, Carrick, Pogba; Mata, Mkhitaryan, Ibrahimovic. Don't like Rojo at left back but think Jose might play him there this evening.

And then on Sunday a team just after sacking their manager. That's happened a few times this season or am I mistaken?