Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Twitter in overdrive tonight over pep guardiola going to either City or United.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 14, 2015, 07:06:06 PM

Here's hoping he brings the Bayern squad with him!

laoislad

But LVG is doing such a good job why would they replace him.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Seeing nothing on United forums, United briefed a few well placed journos about 10 days ago that they weren't interested in Pep (which many of them took to mean they thought City had him). I do see however Louis is in to odds on to be the next man to walk the plank.. These can sometimes be "bookies" bets though..

seafoid

Quote from: Boycey on December 14, 2015, 07:20:06 PM

Seeing nothing on United forums, United briefed a few well placed journos about 10 days ago that they weren't interested in Pep (which many of them took to mean they thought City had him). I do see however Louis is in to odds on to be the next man to walk the plank.. These can sometimes be "bookies" bets though..

LVG is not the problem. Man U seem to be going through a rerun of the late 70s. A long way from coherence.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 14, 2015, 07:13:37 PM

Here's hoping he brings the Bayern squad with him!

I think I saw one of the Times journalists saying a couple of weeks ago United were told Pep was going to an Englisho team next year, and it wasn't them, City obviously.

Edit - Didn't see Boyceys post above
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2015, 07:14:35 PM
But LVG is doing such a good job why would they replace him.

Clearly doing a better job than some has-been team...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

heganboy

Have to say i am surprised at the vitriol. LVG has taken that team through a complete reboot. He is shaping it in a way that should set up Man Utd well over the next decade. He is a proponent of youth. Has cleared the dressing room of players he didnt think were conducive to success. He is recognized as a draw for good players and has proved that with Martial. All the while he has managed to keep Utd in the top 4. The spend is about par for the course for one of the global giants of the game. They may not be playing sexy football, but they are doing enough to get by at the minute. He didnt inherit much in the way of quality for the future. Who will do better?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

laoislad

Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2015, 10:36:39 AM
So who is going to win this weeks prestigious and highly coveted non United fan sensible post of the week award?
AZ Offaly is on a two week winning streak,will he make it the hat-trick?
Quote from: heganboy on December 14, 2015, 11:36:03 PM
Have to say i am surprised at the vitriol. LVG has taken that team through a complete reboot. He is shaping it in a way that should set up Man Utd well over the next decade. He is a proponent of youth. Has cleared the dressing room of players he didnt think were conducive to success. He is recognized as a draw for good players and has proved that with Martial. All the while he has managed to keep Utd in the top 4. The spend is about par for the course for one of the global giants of the game. They may not be playing sexy football, but they are doing enough to get by at the minute. He didnt inherit much in the way of quality for the future. Who will do better?
And we have a winner!!!!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2015, 11:37:24 PM
So who is going to win this weeks prestigious and highly coveted non United fan sensible post of the week award?
And we have a winner!!!!

Congrats to Heganboy, when does this become official?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on December 14, 2015, 11:41:28 PM
And we have a winner!!!!

When he holds your hands and runs towards the Kop
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2015, 11:52:22 PM
And we have a winner!!!!

But he won, he didn't draw

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on December 14, 2015, 11:56:34 PM
And we have a winner!!!!

25 + years I suppose you'll take any win... Get sensible.. Liverpool and Utd are crap.. The silly wind ups over who plays crap one week isn't cutting the mustard... Delusional Utd men are as bad as delusional Liverpool supporters.. I don't know if you can remember when Liverpool won leagues, but I've seen them twice beat Utd at Old Trafford in the 80's while winning the league....great team... Not close or years of being close to what they had in past

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2015, 12:17:01 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on December 14, 2015, 11:56:34 PM
And we have a winner!!!!

25 + years I suppose you'll take any win... Get sensible.. Liverpool and Utd are crap.. The silly wind ups over who plays crap one week isn't cutting the mustard... Delusional Utd men are as bad as delusional Liverpool supporters.. I don't know if you can remember when Liverpool won leagues, but I've seen them twice beat Utd at Old Trafford in the 80's while winning the league....great team... Not close or years of being close to what they had in past

Once they changed the back pass rule that was that!!! 

deiseach

MR2 is right. We should all stop with the slagging. It's a complete waste of time and energy.
Is he gone? Thank God for that. As you were.