Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: JoG2 on April 18, 2015, 09:52:08 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 18, 2015, 08:03:20 PM
Absolute shit house tactics from Chelsea, better team lost today, they have been very ordinary champions this season in a fairly dull League overall.

How many other big hitters in Europe would have Drogba @ this stage of his career anywhere near their team? Premiership in fairly ill health at the minute

Drogba is way over the hill and his best attribute at this stage of his career is defending set pieces in the air.

BennyCake

De Gea beaten very easily at his near post by Hazard. Same happened with Sturridge a few weeks ago. I really don't understand the hype surrounding him.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 18, 2015, 08:11:05 PM
Crap to lose a game on a poor refereeing decision, especially as Mourino set his team up for a nil-nil. Hopefully Carrick and Jones are  back for next week so normal service can be resumed!

What decision was that?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: stew on April 18, 2015, 08:33:22 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 18, 2015, 08:03:20 PM
Absolute shit house tactics from Chelsea, better team lost today, they have been very ordinary champions this season in a fairly dull League overall.

Bollocks! The tactics got them over the finish line as winners, possession means nothing if you do not convert the odd chance you get.

That said I would not pay money to watch a team Jose coaches, what he is doing to players like Hazaŕd is criminal but all they do is win.

Don't think anyone would blame Chelsea for playing against Barca, Real or Bayern in that way but against a United side who were missing several first choice players was very odd. I was under the impression Roman wanted Chelsea to play a better brand of football!

As for United there's plenty of positives to take. Valencia is improving at right back, his positioning is getting better. Smalling has improved hugely on the ball, becoming far more composed and his distribution improved. McNair has a great chance of making it and Shaw had a great second half.  Herrera did well in a role he's not used to apart from 2 daft passes he had a good game. Naturally the attacking players found it difficult with the lack of space but looking forward to next season already.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: BennyCake on April 18, 2015, 10:41:30 PM
De Gea beaten very easily at his near post by Hazard. Same happened with Sturridge a few weeks ago. I really don't understand the hype surrounding him.

:D :D

Norf Tyrone

Its clean mad how Chelsea are negative and yet are the league's highest scorers. Mourinho the master out foxed Van Gaal today. One down late on and he brings on Blackett!

Yousins even resorted to diving.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

Ah f**k I wish Liverpool were as "ordinary" as Chelsea, losing two games all season and running away with the league.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

"They were in our pockets!"

beer baron

Some of the other nations clubs looking in at the Premiership must be thinking what have we done wrong that this league still gets 4 Champions league spots,the French league will surely feel they're just as deserving as the Premiership on current form?

ballinaman

When has the premier league been of a high standard? Any years in particular?
I really don't see how it matters...a win is a win is a win.

Boycey

Quote from: beer baron on April 19, 2015, 10:32:12 AM
Some of the other nations clubs looking in at the Premiership must be thinking what have we done wrong that this league still gets 4 Champions league spots,the French league will surely feel they're just as deserving as the Premiership on current form?

A bit early to be on the whiskey

beer baron

Maroon Manc

Quote from: ballinaman on April 19, 2015, 10:39:24 AM
f

The premier league had 3 semi finalists in the champions league semi final in 06/07, 07,08 and 08/09. Those years were the best quality games between the top teams. The leagues best team Cheskea were made to look average by PSG who were comfortably the best team over 2 legs.

i can remember Cheldea taking United apart near the end of the season in Mourinho's first spell in in May 2005 and 2006, yesterday's performance by Chelsea was settling for a point and hoping for a moment of magic by Hazard, I doubt that goal would have been scored if Carrick had played. United were far from full strength and were weaker in 2 important positions at centre half and central midfield and could have been there for the taking but Mourinho obviously feels his team aren't capable enough and yesterday's performance was something you'd expect expect Barca or Real not a depleted United who are 8 points behind at kick off.

Armamike

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 19, 2015, 01:25:46 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on April 19, 2015, 10:39:24 AM
f

The premier league had 3 semi finalists in the champions league semi final in 06/07, 07,08 and 08/09. Those years were the best quality games between the top teams. The leagues best team Cheskea were made to look average by PSG who were comfortably the best team over 2 legs.

i can remember Cheldea taking United apart near the end of the season in Mourinho's first spell in in May 2005 and 2006, yesterday's performance by Chelsea was settling for a point and hoping for a moment of magic by Hazard, I doubt that goal would have been scored if Carrick had played. United were far from full strength and were weaker in 2 important positions at centre half and central midfield and could have been there for the taking but Mourinho obviously feels his team aren't capable enough and yesterday's performance was something you'd expect expect Barca or Real not a depleted United who are 8 points behind at kick off.

Just typical of Mourinho.  He's the ultimate pragmatist.
That's just, like your opinion man.

magpie seanie

Very disappointed by the result. The very least United deserved was a draw. Even with Chelsea's parking the bus United had a couple of glorious chances which really should have been put away (Rooney early was a bad miss, Falcao had a few too including one that Cahill blocked but knew nothing about). Terrible decision not to penalise Terry for tackle from behind & elbow to the back of the head but regardless - United should not have conceded from that position. Herrara lost Hazard in a similar way to how Carrick lost Silva (I think) the week before for the first citeh goal. Besides that and the passes MM mentioned Herrara ran the show. I thought Valencia handled Hazard quite well to be honest. Hazard is very good but a alight bit overrated or maybe that's just me.

Thought Drogba should have been sent off. I'm ok with the odd mistimed tacked but kicking people on the back of the calf is not tackling. Then contrast the frees he got at the end with how Fellaini got nothing several times in similar circumstances. Drogba playing is a direct result of FFP - clubs that don't generate their own income can't keep buying up players willy nilly now.

Need to finish off this season's business and look forward to next season with optimism.