Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cicfada

Bc if ya only met az, you'd know he'd be incapable of carrying a water bottle around efficiently😄😄😄😄😄

heganboy

that kid you have Tyler Blackett, he did very well on the US trip. He looked better than Smalling and very comfortable on the ball under pressure. Is he in with much of a shout of the UTD starting team? he's as good as any of the current crop no?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

laoislad

Quote from: Shrewdness on August 06, 2014, 03:09:23 PM
A lot of Liverpool fans straying around here today, remarkably all around the same time. I have respect for the views of ONE of ye in particular, and have stated that on the record here before.. As for the rest....
You're very good thanks, that's a nice thing to say.In fairness the other lads are sound too if you give them a chance.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on August 06, 2014, 04:17:25 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on August 06, 2014, 03:09:23 PM
A lot of Liverpool fans straying around here today, remarkably all around the same time. I have respect for the views of ONE of ye in particular, and have stated that on the record here before.. As for the rest....
You're very good thanks, that's a nice thing to say.In fairness the other lads are sound too if you give them a chance.

Think he was talking about me LL.

AZOffaly

Quote from: cicfada on August 06, 2014, 03:57:50 PM
Bc if ya only met az, you'd know he'd be incapable of carrying a water bottle around efficiently😄😄😄😄😄

Cheek of ye.  I carry no water bottles!

NAG1

Sounds like the Vermaelen bid is coming to a head.

What are the thoughts?

I wouldnt be massively convinced, granted I would rate him higher than the three we have at present but not by a massive amount, on their best days.

beer baron

Don't want Vermaelen. Especially if he's costing over 10 fecking million  :o

oakleaflad

If they are playing three at the back he would be a good addition for the left side of the three as long as someone with a bit more height was in the middle.

beer baron

Anytime i've seen him in the last 18 months-2 years he's been awful. Before that he was good but over rated. Anything over 10 million's more of a risk than he's worth for me.

Champ15

For €10million he would be decent just for cover but I think we def need a top quality centre back as well as I don't think we could get away with starting both Jones and Smalling. Hummels is the guy everyone is talking about but I don't think we'll get him due to sound bites of quotes I've heard from him.
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

NAG1

Quote from: Champ15 on August 07, 2014, 03:26:22 PM
For €10million he would be decent just for cover but I think we def need a top quality centre back as well as I don't think we could get away with starting both Jones and Smalling. Hummels is the guy everyone is talking about but I don't think we'll get him due to sound bites of quotes I've heard from him.

Going by reports today the deal is off because the valuations are so far apart between the two clubs.

beer baron

Quote from: NAG1 on August 07, 2014, 03:42:52 PM

Going by reports today the deal is off because the valuations are so far apart between the two clubs.

If the rumours of Utd bidding 20 million are true i'm not surprised,i'd say they'd want at least 35mill.

Champ15

Quote from: beer baron on August 07, 2014, 03:46:20 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 07, 2014, 03:42:52 PM

If the rumours of Utd bidding 20 million are true i'm not surprised,i'd say they'd want at least 35mill

Easily 30 million at least anyway!! 20 does seem a bit derisory for him especially with todays market prices.
Ballina Stephenites

rodney trotter

Hummels while being a good player  with lots of attributes hasn't much pace for a central defender,  that was shown up a couple of times early in the Wc and in the World cup final itself.  So if you were paying huge money ala like the €30 mill for Rio Ferdinand at least you knew he had good pace. Plus Van Gaal 3 at the back formation would a player like Hummels be suited?

Champ15

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 07, 2014, 04:37:54 PM
Hummels while being a good player  with lots of attributes hasn't much pace for a central defender,  that was shown up a couple of times early in the Wc and in the World cup final itself.  So if you were paying huge money ala like the €30 mill for Rio Ferdinand at least you knew he had good pace. Plus Van Gaal 3 at the back formation would a player like Hummels be suited?

I think so he Vidic-esque as he just loves to defend and get blocks and tackles in. I would be worried about balls played in behind him but that wasn't Vidic's strongpoint  either but Smalling is quick and Jones too over a certain distance so they would have to be alert for that possibility and provide cover.
Ballina Stephenites