Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: deiseach on April 22, 2014, 08:57:36 AM
No longer is there a club that is immune to the shallow quick-fix hire-and-fire culture. A dark day for humanity.

I  know deiseach Man United have never been a sacking club till this dreadful experience,well apart from

Wilf McGuinness 1969-1970 SACKED
Frank O'Farrell 1971-1972   SACKED
Tommy Docherty 1972-1977 SACKED
Dave Sexton  1977-1981 SACKED
Ron Atkinson 1981-1986 SACKED
David Moyes 2013-2014 SACKED

Since 1945 United have had 8 managers and sacked them all except Busby and Fergie.

magpie seanie

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 22, 2014, 09:07:05 AM
No longer is there a club that is immune to the shallow quick-fix hire-and-fire culture. A dark day for humanity.

I  know deiseach Man United have never been a sacking club till this dreadful experience,well apart from

Since 1945 United have had 8 managers and sacked them all except Busby and Fergie.

I think you've made the point very well.  ;)

laoislad

I honestly feel a bit sorry for him. He seems to have aged 10 years in the last few months and does seem like decent man but was just way out of his depth.
I have no doubt he will still do a decent job at a Newcastle or Spurs type club.
Best of luck to him.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

It will be very interesting now to see what happens with the 'wish list' of signings. Obviously they have been doing a lot of work behind the seens but surely potentials would be saying who will be taking over,who will  be staying?  I don't think it is going to be as easy to get players in as some people might think.

Minder

According to Matt Ogden, the journalist that broke the story yesterday, United will not be going after Klopp.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Quote from: laoislad on April 22, 2014, 09:27:55 AM
I honestly feel a bit sorry for him. He seems to have aged 10 years in the last few months and does seem like decent man but was just way out of his depth.
I have no doubt he will still do a decent job at a Newcastle or Spurs type club.
Best of luck to him.

Couldn't agree more.

magpie seanie

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 22, 2014, 09:28:42 AM
It will be very interesting now to see what happens with the 'wish list' of signings. Obviously they have been doing a lot of work behind the seens but surely potentials would be saying who will be taking over,who will  be staying?  I don't think it is going to be as easy to get players in as some people might think.

You keep clinging to that!

Do you seriously think keeping Moyes there would have madeit easier to get players in?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on April 22, 2014, 09:29:15 AM
According to Matt Ogden, the journalist that broke the story yesterday, United will not be going after Klopp.

Looks like it will be Van Gaal so. Hope the people who track predictions round here remember who said it first....

Geoff Tipps

I think it will be a hell of a lot easier than if they had kept Moyes.
Do we know if Fergie is going to choose again?? Perhaps Moyes can choose his successor??
On the upside if Fergie chooses again it'll be a choice between Allardyce and McCleish. ;D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 22, 2014, 09:24:50 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 22, 2014, 09:07:05 AM

I think you've made the point very well.  ;)

The thing is though seanie that the culture of clubs until football was invented by Sky was to  keep managers and have a contingency in place. Most clubs were like that and United were no different.  Ferguson and Busby took up 45 years or so of that whole period  After Busby they sacked a manager every couple of years,  I wonder will the same pattern develop?

EC Unique

Feel sorry for Moyes but as a Utd fan I feel this is the turning point. Big name manager (I suspect Van Gaal) to come in with a few massive signings in the summer. The ABUs are obviously on here pissed off I can understand their frustrations as Utds downturn will be short lived. Good times await.  ;D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 22, 2014, 09:30:20 AM

You keep clinging to that!

Do you seriously think keeping Moyes there would have madeit easier to get players in?

I am not clinging to anything.  If it is Van Gaal who comes in he is a very strong minded individual who  could do very well,  but will he be happy with Fergie in the background?  It won't be Klopp.   Apart from that who?

Quote from: EC Unique on April 22, 2014, 09:35:33 AM
Feel sorry for Moyes but as a Utd fan I feel this is the turning point. Big name manager (I suspect Van Gaal) to come in with a few massive signings in the summer. The ABUs are obviously on here pissed off I can understand their frustrations as Utds downturn will be short lived. Good times await.  ;D

Source?

nrico2006

It could be Klopp, Simeone, Van Gaal or someone else?  Hopefully they pick the right man this time.  I think Klopp would be too much of a risk at this stage though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hound

With only a 1 year payoff if they fail to qualify for CL, it was a no brainer to push the button as soon as it was mathematically impossible for them to qualify.

I think Laurent Blanc would do well at United, but it does look like Van Gaal.

Be interesting to see how Giggs does as interim manager, and whether he does anything different.

Hoof Hearted

Brendan Rodgers must be favourite to take over, best manager about at the minute
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012